Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wheels that keep trackwidth the same

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Keep an eye in the for sale section on here. I just got some Vanquish DH Pro Comps for mine for $60. I love them and they look good plus they are adjustable offset. I run 460 hubs on mine which seems to be real close to stock. It is better to spend a little extra now than to have to buy something now and then buy again later. Or at least that is the way I look at it. If you plan on going to Vanquish knuckles some of the wheels like the XR10 wheels won't work without being narrowed or putting wideners on it.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

if all else fails get a set of axial 2.2 rocksters or 8-holes!
m0d3ds1ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #23
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d3ds1ash45 View Post
if all else fails get a set of axial 2.2 rocksters or 8-holes!
That is the exact opposite of what he is asking He is specifically asking for a wheel that keeps him near the same offset instead of going much wider like what you just said.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Got the wheels, got the Wraith, and got the truck all together except the outer body panels. Wheels fit good. Tires just barely rub the lower links at full lock. They also rub the shocks but I have the stage3 lowering/droop setup on it and the shocks are in the rear holes so I'm going to move them to the forward holes and see if that helps. I have disassemble the fronts anyway because the tires refuse the stay centered with the big weights the wheels came with so I'm going to do a track width measurement once I have the front wheels apart again in comparison with the stock wheels.

Must say I really like the truck. I haven't been able to drive it much though because I bought a AE-2 out of the RPP scrapyard when I bought the truck and I didn't realize that it came pre-setup for lipo cut-off and I still use the old nimh batteries so it only runs a few minutes before it starts powering down. So, I got a castle link, a axial 2.4ghz controller/receiver from the scrap yard, and a hot racing steering setup. That should all be here Friday.

My only bitch is it's a pain to work on. I got it all together, then first time I went to drive it the motor just spun, I forgot to tighten up the grub screw on the pinion gear all the way after I set the mesh. So I had to drop the skid plate and pull the whole trans to get the cover off and reset the mesh.
maxxa87 is offline   Reply With Quote