Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Chromed Out Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Chromed Out Wraith

A couple of updated pics from last session. Updates are new Mayhem's with TSL's and rear cage mod. Lowering kit about to be installed next...also thinking about doing a panhard front end with cms.

alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Man alex, you have been working!
rcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Some minor updates...new wheels and tires VP SSZ-11's along with some Ottsix tires and Sedona foams. I'm digging the combo...sure makes the rig pop especially with the crazy looking tires! Wish the compound was a tad softer and stickier though. The Ottsix definitely hooks up on loose dirt and gravel but on smooth rock like limestone forget about it....

Currently building up a set of Pitbull 2.2''s on KMC reskimed as another option. Either putting them on this rig or on my KOH Lucifer rig
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Time for some more eye candy guys and gals. Just put on my new Vanquish KMC reskimmed on my new Pitbulls with 6.0" CI closed cells...no problems with the beadlocks for the most part. Didn't realize the Pitbulls had such a thin bead, but if you're careful when doing the beadlock retaining ring you should have no issues. The only annoying part are the small scale set screws that go on the outer black face (18 total) and then you have the small scale bolts on the arms (10) that Vanquish supplies these little allen keys for. Just make sure you use blue Loctite on em and clean them off when you're done.

I ordered 350 SLW hubs but apparently the wheel hits the axle stubs so ended up running what I had 850 front 725 rear. Just ordered some 475's...

Sexy.....damn!!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Man I can't stop looking at these wheels. LOL. The machining, the detail, the fit, the scale looks, and best of all the narrow rings!!!! $256 shipped with hubs. Worth it?? HELL YEAH!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Those wheels are sick but too much money for me to drop on wheels
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejock27 View Post
Those wheels are sick but too much money for me to drop on wheels
I agree. It took me 2 weeks of deliberating whether I should get them or not. And then I said well F it I didn't get anything for Christmas except a company bonus check and my gf still didn't give me my Christmas gift yet and it's damn near February!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
I agree. It took me 2 weeks of deliberating whether I should get them or not. And then I said well F it I didn't get anything for Christmas except a company bonus check and my gf still didn't give me my Christmas gift yet and it's damn near February!!
Ha, I know what you mean and I do the same thing all the time. If you look at something enough times and drool over it enough times you say f it and just buy it
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Well smoked the Holmes Crawlmaster 16T last weekend hill climbing! This motor's definitely going to need a rebuild...it won't even move the rig with a gentle push start. Put in a spare Holmes 35T pro custom I had planned for my SCX10. I figure this Wraith will be for crawling and trailing. I almost have enough parts to build a 1.9 Wraith with a Pro4 motor next!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Can't justify that when you need quality electronics...damn nice wheels though
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Some new updates....

Scale rotors and BGR sliders!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

drooooool lol rigs nice
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Time for another update...apparently you cannot use electronic cleaner anywhere near lexan nor lexan paint!!! I bought this can from Harbor Freight some generic stuff and it destroyed my Spastix chromed hood and it was just barely a little mist that over sprayed on it too! The chemical reaction instantly took off the Spastix chrome on contact and eventually ate through the lexan since the cleaner residue dripped into the hinges! So now my hinges are still on but the hood is now supported by good old black duct tape!!

Btw that hideous KMC sticker is to cover where the worst of the chemical reaction was under the hood lol!!

Put on the lowering kit from **** as well...dunno how I feel about it yet until I have time to run it this low. Also threw on a 1.9 for the spare I had laying around and found some scale lucky red dice. I thought I needed to trim out the hood but apparently not per ****'s instructions. Oh well new panels on the way this one has seen a lot already!

Scale exhaust, scale fire extinguisher, and some scale stuff coming soon. Either custom fab or I'll buy it and weather it...
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Well after installing the lowering kit which dropped it another 1/2" or so in addition to my flipped rear shock mounts and flipped lower link mounts on the axle the Wraith is sitting waaay too low.

Or maybe I'm not used to how it handles yet. Table tops on everything and I need to punch a lot of throttle when I'm bound up on the skid. Good thing the Rock Beast II's are tall otherwise this rig would not be very easy to crawl with.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Figured I'd do a little light mudding and bashing in the yard this morning to continue to break in the new Pitbulls...I am seriously beginning to hate that droop kit.

I'll try and tinker with the suspension geometry but man the table topping is ridiculous....on the flip side it's perfect for a high speed Wraith.

Oh and on a positive note big thanks goes out to Clay at CarterFab for hooking me up with a new true aluminum cowl hood as well as a short aluminum fender well in the front. That freaking beat up lexan junker hood that is duct taped on at the moment with a KMC sticker to hide the paint damage is driving me nuts lol.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

I need to lower mine a little.. If i even touch the steerin wheel at 35mph, it does cart-wheels
rcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #57

It's so pretty
Blue buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Pretty enough as a high priced whore lol. Only God knows how much money I've thrown at this rig.....still my favorite though! Medium weight unlike my other 2.2 Lucifer also riding on AR60's. I'm actually quite happy with the motor swap....I burnt out the brushes on my Crawlmaster 16T so now it has a TorqueMaster 35T in it and it blasts almost as fast but the torque sure puts a smile on my face when mud and water go flying!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

A huuuuge thanks goes out to Clay at CarterFab!! Got me some inner fender wells and a new hood after the electronic cleaner destroyed the old lexan hood lol...problem is I drilled the holes in the wrong spot.

They are too far forward where the 3mm white LEDs are but I have mocked them up on my 1.9 Ultra4 EB Bronco build to give yall a preview:
Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Did some tweaks to the lower front links with some spacers. Adjusted the caster forward a bit and also rearranged my tie rod and drag link. Got a lot more steering throw now...roughly 5 degrees more. Changed to the longer VP arms and also adjusted the drag link to center the front wheels. I guess this had to be done since I put the lowering kit on to prevent the axle mounted servo from hitting my electronics plate.

Also cut a bit off the front bumper as you can see to clear the servo horn on full compression.

Now I need a slightly longer servo arm...TOTALLY regret selling my 7950TH with a brand new Robitronics long servo arm!!!