Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: how do I wire/solder 2 CC 10A BECs for 4WS (2 servos)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default how do I wire/solder 2 CC 10A BECs for 4WS (2 servos)?

I'll be using HH BR-XL, the Futaba 4PL, running 3S lipo. I need a wiring diagram of how to attach 2 CC 10A BECs, so that I can have 4 wheel steering, using 2 Hitec HS-7955TG servos. Should I bypass the receiver, and solder directly to the servos? What are the advantages and disadvantages in doing so? What voltage should I set the BECs? Which are the wires I should disconnect from the plug? I'd greatly appreciate the help. TIA.

Last edited by ussprinceton2004; 01-19-2012 at 05:04 PM.
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Default Re: how do I wire/solder 2 CC 10A BECs for 4WS (2 servos)?

Check this out

Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I made this up real quick.

oh one other thing. If this is your first time working with the HH BRXL's you need to know a secret I found out the hard way. YOU MUST program them individually. In other words you can not solder the power input wires together from the battery voltage before you program them. It may be in your best interest to have plugs on at least one of them so you could unplug it from the lipo to program.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Illeagle; 01-19-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I will be only using 1 HH BR-XL esc. Will the wiring diagram you posted still work, by just removing the other HH BR-XL? Also, do I need to disconnect the red wire from the esc to the throttle channel on my receiver? Or, leave all the wires plugged in from the HH BR-XL going to the RX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
I made this up real quick.

oh one other thing. If this is your first time working with the HH BRXL's you need to know a secret I found out the hard way. YOU MUST program them individually. In other words you can not solder the power input wires together from the battery voltage before you program them. It may be in your best interest to have plugs on at least one of them so you could unplug it from the lipo to program.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

You can use one esc but both motors will always be spinning so you have no front/rear control for digs. You can get a punk dig switch which will turn off one motor at a time with just one Brxl and use your 3rd channel to control it. In my wiring diagram you leave the red wire connected from the Brxl to the rx. You would only need to remove it if you had a bec powering the rx instead of your esc.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

First guys the OP is asking about wireing it up for 4WS not running dual motors/esc's. The BR-XL has a very good internal bec so I think 2 external ones will be a bit overkill.
Run the front servo useing the castle bec and the rear useing the internal bec from the BR-XL. Rear servo plugs into slot 3 of the receiver and the signal wire from the front servo into slot 1. drop the signal lead comming from the bec and wire the other two into the coresponding two comming from the front servo.
Then watch Harley's video on setting up the 4PL for 4WS.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

My bad... I assumed you were building a super for some reason.

Here is another option as described above.

Last edited by Illeagle; 01-20-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

there is no need for 2 bec period i have two high voltage savox servos running 4ws with a fxr on 3s and its just fine also if your servo asks for 6v set your bec at 6.1 you loss .1v thru wiring
calikrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

OMG this so helps me also, your running the EXACT electroncs as me. lol
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
RCC Addict

...So, do I follow exactly as pictured in the wiring diagram below? Or, do I need to disconnect the red wire from the esc to the throttle channel on my receiver? Or, leave all the wires plugged in from the HH BR-XL going to the RX? Lastly, do I need to disconnect any wires from the rear servo going to the RX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
My bad... I assumed you were building a super for some reason.

Here is another option as described above.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
...So, do I follow exactly as pictured in the wiring diagram below? Or, do I need to disconnect the red wire from the esc to the throttle channel on my receiver? Or, leave all the wires plugged in from the HH BR-XL going to the RX? Lastly, do I need to disconnect any wires from the rear servo going to the RX?
Wire it up as pictured. The rear servo just plugs into slot 3 of your RX and the BR-XL plugs into the receiver slot 2. Dont disconnect any wires except the signal wire comming from the bec. The other 2 wires plug into there coresponding wires comming from the front servo and the leftover signal wire comming from the front servo goes into slot 1 of your rx, onto the pin to the far left in the slot. Wire the bec black and red power leads into the batt leads comming off the BR-XL .
Old 01-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
RCC Addict

..what if I use a Tekin RS Pro esc instead of the HH BR-XL, would it matter? The Tekin RS Pro's internal BEC is 6.0V/3.0A. Can I run the rear steering Hitec HS-7955TG servo directly to the receiver, using the Tekin RS Pro's internal BEC?..
Old 01-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
..what if I use a Tekin RS Pro esc instead of the HH BR-XL, would it matter? The Tekin RS Pro's internal BEC is 6.0V/3.0A. Can I run the rear steering Hitec HS-7955TG servo directly to the receiver, using the Tekin RS Pro's internal BEC?..
I dont know if Tekin's internal bec would be up to the task. Most esc's internal bec's are no where near putting out what there advertised too. The BR-XL's internal bec is one of the best there is out there.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
I dont know if Tekin's internal bec would be up to the task. Most esc's internal bec's are no where near putting out what there advertised too. The BR-XL's internal bec is one of the best there is out there.
I would argue that an amp is an amp. But some BEC's rate there BEC amperage rating at the 7.4 volt not the 11.1. Since Holmes is osalated it doesnt matter if run 7.4 or 23 volts you get 5 amps. The thing I haveta ask is why would you want a 2 BEC's with a BRXL. I run a front servo and lights on a BRXL. Seems to work pretty good. I would use 1 for my front and power lights and rear off speed controll to save $30

Last edited by gm0688; 01-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Why all the fuss, just run a cc bec pro, and be done.. it'll prob be cheaper than 2 10amp because too.
wmartinlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
The thing I haveta ask is why would you want a 2 BEC's with a BRXL.
I made the first illustration up for wiring a SUPER class crawler and not just a scaler. Most guys run two 7980/7990 servos right now. Just one of those servos can draw WELL over 5 amps and closer to the 10 that a Castle Bec puts out. For those rigs having two bec's with the full 10amps to EACH servo is standard.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
DRN
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmartinlsmith View Post
Why all the fuss, just run a cc bec pro, and be done.. it'll prob be cheaper than 2 10amp because too.
I'm planning on running the same electronics as the OP as well. But from what others are saying you don't need two, and from what i am gathering the CC BEC PRO would be over kill and a waste of money. Use one CC BEC and use the BEC internal to the BRXL should be fine, am i correct? I have been searching to find this out my self. I need to still buy the radio and i was going to get the BEC at the same time. But if i can save my self a couple of bucks and not piss of the wife at the same time, its a HUGE plus.
DRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I am running these which are pretty nice as far as hooking up to your servos and not having to disconnect the power wire like it says on the directions...

CreationFab - Plugs Other Receiver Bypass Adapter
RCRockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRockstar View Post
I am running these which are pretty nice as far as hooking up to your servos and not having to disconnect the power wire like it says on the directions...

I just ordered 2 of these. Hopefully I'll get them soon.

BTW, the merchant paypal account is chris@creationfab.com.....Is he the same as Chris_The_Battery_Man here in this forum? Both of their websites look very similar, so I was wondering. Does anybody know if both Chrises are the same guy?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRockstar View Post

I am running a pair of those and pair of the small BECs for my dual steering too.
MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote

how do I wire/solder 2 CC 10A BECs for 4WS (2 servos)? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc. O.C.D. Electronics 214 09-14-2018 09:30 PM
solder wire to motor? ykcor Newbie General 12 04-10-2008 10:20 AM
Venom Wire Solder - Which is +? SgtDoogie Electronics 4 03-26-2008 10:48 AM
brazing wire/solder Wicked_Jester Tools, and Procedures 5 06-17-2007 08:12 PM