Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: MIP front axle kit, anyone interested?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MIP front axle kit, anyone interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Well I dont know who Matt is but I will call Brandon tomorrow and see if he has time to chat with me. I have known Brandon for a long time and MiP had a thing going last year where they started taking on special production.

I have 3 sets of MiP Prototype AX10 shafts from a few years back that got scrubbed because they didnt see the point to compete with Axial's product line that had a working model.
He listed his title as Customer Service/Tech Support.

While I'll agree I already have my axles built, it would be nice to get everything in one shot in the future. I'm going to be building other sets in the future and nobody currently sells axle kits with everything including CV axles. You've got to buy everything piece by piece and that adds up quick.
Now if everybody got the hookup everytime Vanquish got in a new product then I would agree with not seeing the need for this kit. Most of us cant afford to buy everything at once when the parts are sold piece by piece. So theres multiple purchases and paying shipping multiple times, it all add's up quick. If there's an option to get everything at once and not a few pieces here and there, I'm down for it. I remember back when I built my wraith I had to order from multiple sources cause nobody ever has everthing in stock all at the same time.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerjoe View Post
I'd like to see a axle shaft that fits in a stock axle! With all the vanquish just in the front end, I don't like changing everthing out. I have allways used ther cvds/center drives and push people towards useing ther products. I've worked at three shops and curently work in a hobby shop, its hard to sell $45 cvds to people as it is. I have no problems with the cost myself , I know what I pay for is quality! MIP is going to make a bigger bearing setup? Is why new chubs/knuckles/axle houseing? I'd rather see cvds like what they made for the scx10,traxxas,losi,AE.......ect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
I have to say that I have a lot more in my front axle right now then 165.00 with all the upgrade's I have and it would be nice to make this a kit for the guys out there that don't have it and the all the new people to the hobby as well...

I would also like to see this kit in some kind of photo or truck ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerjoe View Post
Axles!!!! Not a hole kit, they didnt do that with scx10 or any other rig!
These are all very similar opinions to my own. (long time lurker)

I work at a LHS and the faces I get from "joe Shmo" about a 50-60 dollar price tag is very predictable nowadays. The 'huge' problem I see is the amount of money tied up into my Wraith as of right now in the front alone. Now the idea is to strip it down to basics and start over with someone elses kit? I think not.

As the kit sounds now. There is no way I would spend money on metal axle housings nonetheless spend it twice on parts i've already purchased. We need Axles, not entire front end replacements. You will have my money if you send us the axle CVD's so we stop sheering axle pin locations and whatnot.

Please rethink this and get it to us! We're tired of waiting and the reality is it should have been here long ago. Honestly, I don't think our opinion needs to be stated any further. There's been an outcry for it for months now, why do you need more cries, MIP? Just make what we want like you've always done in the past! We love your stuff!
SC Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Shaun View Post
These are all very similar opinions to my own. (long time lurker)

I work at a LHS and the faces I get from "joe Shmo" about a 50-60 dollar price tag is very predictable nowadays. The 'huge' problem I see is the amount of money tied up into my Wraith as of right now in the front alone. Now the idea is to strip it down to basics and start over with someone elses kit? I think not.

As the kit sounds now. There is no way I would spend money on metal axle housings nonetheless spend it twice on parts i've already purchased. We need Axles, not entire front end replacements. You will have my money if you send us the axle CVD's so we stop sheering axle pin locations and whatnot.

Please rethink this and get it to us! We're tired of waiting and the reality is it should have been here long ago. Honestly, I don't think our opinion needs to be stated any further. There's been an outcry for it for months now, why do you need more cries, MIP? Just make what we want like you've always done in the past! We love your stuff!
strykerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
We have proven that beefy shafts can be done in the space provided. I see no reason to have to purchase what they are proposing.
cool.. Good job.. Now find some one that can actually produce a product and keep it in stock..

Last edited by sloppy; 03-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Talking Re: MIP front axle kit, anyone interested?

If I cant get threm threw great planes or horizon, then I go too RPP! Which happens alot!!! Or I go straight to the manufacter themselves to get it and they uselley have it! Even thow its back ordered on the big sites, I get it before the distribiters get them.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #26
RCC Addict

i run MIP on my ax10 and my wraith. i absolutly love the drive shafts. they can can the brutal beating i give to them and come back wanting more. i had a set of the old MIP cvd's in my ax10 with the novak goat 3s and shattered all 4 shafts in under 15 minutes of drive time. hopefully they will be using a better hardened steel this time. i'd be in to buy the shafts. not a whole kit as i already have all of the other upgrades on my axle. if the axle shafts can take the beating like there drive shafts it will be another no brainer for people to spend the money just to have the extra reassurence of 1 more thing not breaking. hopefully these will be on the market soon
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #27
Metal shaper

Quote:

Not one hobby shop across the country does this to be rich. If it wasn't for our love of the hobby, 95% of the companies here on RCCRAWLER wouldn't exist.

No one ever in my time has ever said RC is a cheap hobby. And I never said it was to anyone. As a vendor myself, it costs money to make money. The price tags on my products help pay for new products, development, testing, supplies, ect. If I make a buck it's because I worked my ass off to do it.

Remember those comments every time you complain about this stuff in the very website that allows you to have your soapbox with out a supporting member star.

And furthermore there is not one other RC website that offers more reliable information, gives back 10 fold more than any other website, or has vendors who actually are present at an event than this website.
Thank you Norm. Don't you love how when we speak the truth it's makes us the asshole. Haha
This is a rich mans hobby always has and always will be.
I can speak first hand about "making money" as a vendor. I showed a pretty heavy loss last year. Mostly because anything I make goes right back in to this to try and bring more stuff or improve in design. I've always said I'm not doing this to get rich or provide an income. We do it out of our love for the hobby and general idea of spending time with family and friends, and if we can provide you with cool stuff in the process, cool beans. Its also not a dang charity. Stuff takes time. Especially good stuff.
Hopefully we get some replacements and Axial will get there stuff together once corporate settles back down from the merger.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
We have proven that beefy shafts can be done in the space provided. I see no reason to have to purchase what they are proposing.

especially if its not VP or FUTABA right harley??
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
especially if its not VP or FUTABA right harley??
No need for that just cuz he's an easy target. He gets hooked up cuz he sales. 200,000+ views on a thread. If he wants something I'll hook him up too. I know you probably don't mean harm but others who do not know people on here may see it and follow suit.
He just makes a valid point. You can run a 5mm shaft the hole length with out any neck downs and run a 5mm stub without changing one part other than the wheel nut.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

oh, i know...
just harrising him..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

A little off topic but thank you Norm! This place has turned into a cry fest and I wish your post can be seen and read by everyone that comes to this site
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
Metal shaper

And if people would quit broadcasting and receive a little more, they might find something. I just ordered 2 more sets of universals in stock.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #33

Well said Guys!
Most of us get into this because we can't leave well enough alone.
We love to mod these rigs,and are well aware the cost adds up.
I have a great time driving my rig,but I enjoy wrenching on it more.
That being said,
I would love to see a MIP complete front end!
Although I have a semi complete Vanquish front end already.
(Do I hear" Rear Steer")
MarkG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #34

Where do I begin...

Quote:
You know, not to be a d!@k but......on a side note and this goes for this thread as well as some other threads here at rcc.

I hear a lot of I worked in a hobby shop this, and price tag that, and getting stuffed hear and there, and I would rather buy from the source comments.

If any of the above comments are true I want you to think about this comment.
Uhm. I'm hoping you're off on some pent up tangent over someone else. Because the reality is, I didn't say a bit of that. I DO work in a hobbyshop, and I have all kinds of customers. Not just 'your kind'.

Quote:
I have realistically been involved in RC for 10 years now.
From my kyosho pure 10 EP touring to rock crawling. From fun backyard bashing to competitive performance, and from going fast to slow.
And not once have I ever seen this hobby being an inexpensive hobby.
Otherwise, hobby shops would be doing really well across the country.

Not one hobby shop across the country does this to be rich. If it wasn't for our love of the hobby, 95% of the companies here on RCCRAWLER wouldn't exist.
Point being..?

Quote:
I have never owned an RC. Kit or not that didn't need to be upgraded to run better. So if your gonna say you work in a hobby shop and the look on your customers faces when they see the price tag of a quality performance item.

Well that says 2 things.
1. Your selling RC's to people with this misconception that because the box says $250.00 on it and RTR, it's ready to go and will need little to no maintenance.
2. Your not a very good salesman if you can't relate to your customers why a $50-60.00 price tag on an upgrade isn't benificial.
You sure like to make blanket assumptions. No joke there's no kit that didn't need to be upgraded, and if that's the defense for a 160.00 ENTIRE FRONT END, then you're misguided.
- I inform every customer of the drawbacks of their kit or rtr they are purchasing, I inform every customer of the price tag after they make that initial purchase.
- I also pride myself on my salesmanship of not selling people crap they don't need. (mip front end would be in said category). I show them all the options and suggest what would give the bang for the buck. Welcome to the real world.

Quote:
No one ever in my time has ever said RC is a cheap hobby. And I never said it was to anyone. As a vendor myself, it costs money to make money. The price tags on my products help pay for new products, development, testing, supplies, ect. If I make a buck it's because I worked my ass off to do it.

The problem is this. As of lately there is a bunch of premadonnas in RC who complain more than enjoy it. Who think the $1000.00 extra they spent is way too much. And don't honestly realize what they are doing let alone take advice from experienced RC'ers.
That's rather funny, because you're complaining right now about people who don't want to spend monstrous amounts of money for the same enjoyment. They don't need an entire front end, they only need Axles. If that option was available then the whole front end was available? This argument would and will be void.

Quote:
Let's go to one of several big RC websites and it must be good because it's big, Complain because we are too lazy to read more about it, don't support the website we are bitching on about it in order for support, maintenance, and continued reliability of product can readily be made available.
And then complain we have to go to 5 different vendors to buy products.
This has nothing to do with this, again, I think you're venting some more.

Quote:
Remember those comments every time you complain about this stuff in the very website that allows you to have your soapbox with out a supporting member star.

And furthermore there is not one other RC website that offers more reliable information, gives back 10 fold more than any other website, or has vendors who actually are present at an event than this website.
Agreed. And i'm sure if they listened to you, they would be out of business only supporting the "richies"

Quote:
I'll talk to Brandon at MiP today or tomorrow. See what he says and report back.
But for all those living in dreamland thinking you've been screwed and tricked. Get out of RC if it's too much for you or be realistic and admit that it's a performance hobby that will need upgrades.
Yep. My dreamland is being able to enjoy my life, my job, and my hobby for a reasonable price.

I am not the guy that orders chinese batteries and servos. I buy the best stuff I can buy. I enjoy the fact that I won't have to touch that part of my Rig again. My entire rig is Vanquish, and/or some STRC (because I got cheap) And now your logic is "this is an expensive hobby" so that validates stripping off 250.00 off the front of my Truck to replace it all for 1 part that actually breaks in the kit?

You don't sound like an Asshole. You are an elitist jerk, who is coming off like if they don't have the money for this hobby for the best stuff or they break, then they should exit the hobby. Your kind piss me off. I enjoy the idea of finding someone quality at a good price so they don't walk into my shop broken 'again' and again. But I also enjoy the fact they were able to get here with a full tank of gas in their car too.

My post had nothing to do with "overpriced crap" or bitching about the price at all really. It had to do with the theory of this whole front end being a waste of many many many people's money who have already put the money into replacing stock and would then be forced to do it "again". That's not an "expensive hobby for quality" statement. That's ridiculous and nothing but.

We need axles. Your whining, premadonnas, rich guy hobby statements are doing nothing for our hobby. Especially alienating people who want to enjoy the hobby on a budget. I've been in this hobby through minimum wage, a career paycheck, down to unemployment. If you had your way, I seem to be needing a fortune 500 backer.

We need Axles MIP. We need what you did for us with the SCX10 axles. Please support that idea and think about the little man, unlike some of these guys.

I really don't care what you think of my salesmanship, my Gold Star below my name, or my Post count.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

well after reading all this junk, i still am in full support of a full mip front end, and rear axles too. mip is awesome

i would trust mip to transmit power through my SOUL. i have their products on everything i can!!

Last edited by gabehunt; 03-15-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
gabehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Ohh SC Shaun.

Do you even know what website your on?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Honestly the stock axles are junk and garbage, spent my money to build mine up. Wish vanquish would just come up with their own line of crawlers done right the first time. In this hobby you do get what you pay for. Just like a real car, you get what you pay for, if you can't build it yourself be ready to dish out the cash. I am happy with my current build and still have less in it than a hopped up Traxxas, you just need to know how to shop around and patience. Honestly you can build a full set of vp axles with everything upgraded at a decent price.
JasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Shaun, you a rock crawler?
No, he's a short course guy (that we sponser) that I've turned into crawler. I keep my head down and just read / look & buy from venders in here. I have been doing RC's since 1986 ( still own first copy of RC car action) and sell RC product to this day. There are plenty of Oregon people in here that know me personally, that I see on a everyday basis. I dont bulls**t you when you come in the shop . I'll tell you what you might want to change or up grade! We get people all the time that read the box "waterproof" , NO, splash proof! They come back and want their money back 'cause they drove it in the pool or better yet, "these parts suck" . How did you break them? Drove it off of my roof! I always use MIP products, for everthing they make works well for me. Grenade proof axles / cv's! That's all I want
Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Well, this thread has taken a turn. I think some people are missing the point. This would just be another option for someone looking for an aftermarket axle. This isn't a product intended to make you ditch the upgraded setup you've already spent money on. Just because there is VP, doesn't mean there can't be anymore options. I have a lot of VP parts on my rig, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't look at MIP's setup for another rig. I would much rather have the option to make a choice, instead of being limited in my selection.
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

So after reading all this crap...MIP has two different products to make here.

Make replacements for those who have all the other good stuff already. That covers probably 70% of the people interested.

Make a full kit to accept bigger beef (seems to include knuckles, hubs, axles, maybe some lockers). That would be for the thousands of potential Wraith buyers in the future, or people who have not yet ponied up for goodies yet.

Or someone hit the easy button, I dont care...
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

MIP front axle kit, anyone interested? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which MIP stub axle will fit MIP AX10 center driveline cups ?? sweli General Crawlers 2 11-08-2011 06:59 PM
front steering linkage behind front axle kit? slip408 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-14-2008 01:16 AM