Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: MIP front axle kit, anyone interested?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: MIP front axle kit, anyone interested?

They need to look at the metal they use, not the size. It's to brittle for CVD's.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdriver View Post
So after reading all this crap...MIP has two different products to make here.

Make replacements for those who have all the other good stuff already. That covers probably 70% of the people interested.

Make a full kit to accept bigger beef (seems to include knuckles, hubs, axles, maybe some lockers). That would be for the thousands of potential Wraith buyers in the future, or people who have not yet ponied up for goodies yet.

Or someone hit the easy button, I dont care...
This.....

Just make sure the CVD's are tough. I haven't had good luck with the AX10 CVD's in the past. I'm using Axial universals in my Wraith axles......did I not get the "these suck" memo? I'm running Pro4 on 3s and haven't even worn a set out....am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, options are always good but.....
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
This.....
I'm using Axial universals in my Wraith axles......did I not get the "these suck" memo? I'm running Pro4 on 3s and haven't even worn a set out....am I missing something?
Me too, Nothing wrong with the stock Uni's.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #44
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Me too, Nothing wrong with the stock Uni's.
except for the amount of stock... or, lack of stock stock.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #45
Metal shaper

Everybody complaining bout stock, yet every time I look up, someone has them. I have bought 4 sets in the past month

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Nevermind

Last edited by transambill; 03-17-2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: it's not important now.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Its kinda sad when someone steps up and says, "hey Guys, been talking to so and so and what do you think of this idea" and then gets royally crucified for proposing the topic or the thread gets turned into an LHS argument.

GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Bill asked if folks think there is a market for a full MIP diff/axle upgrade kit for the wraith or AX10.

Its a yes or no query, not an excuse to vent, whinge, cry etc.

As I noted on the other forum on this topic, I have over $200 in my front axle when you total up the break and replace until I got it strong enough to cope.
If I coulda bought this for $165 up front that would've been beaut.

No one asked if you'd pull all your gear out of your axle to install MIP, or whether you get sad faces from customers at hobby shops, or if your product was better than theirs, simply if there was a market for the kit concept.

Yes, there is.
See, its easy when you just try.

I am so sick of personal agendas and soapboxes getting in the way of a logical discussion.

Norm for President. Done.
stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
lol, I'm not asking to be President for my opinion.

All I was saying is that this website is aimed at Vendors who customize certain aspects of crawling. some are machine guys and others are innovations people.
Actually I thought the purpose of this site was to promote the hobby of Radio Control rock crawling,not just for vendors to sell there products. You asked a member if he knew what site he was on, do you? This is not e-bay.

I haven't spoken with Brandon yet,You don't need to, MIP now has an employee thats a member here, why don't you take your issues directly to a rep (Matt) insted of bashing members here on the boards? but I think I see why the issue of making a whole carrier kit to go into the axle cases would be so expensive and why they wouldn't be interested in making them. Some companies don't see the advantage in making a product that they might or might not benefit from.

Its not like MiP are vendors on this website, nor is MiP specialize in Only RC parts. there main production is elsewhere.

Here is my for instance.,
I asked GCM to make Axle cases for the AX10 axles.
It took a lot of convincing and it took me and a few others to rally up the demand to make them. I believe he is on his 3rd run of them now and truth be told they are really expensive, but very fair priced for what is in them.

But Generis didn't become rich by making them, He did them because he loves scale and wanted to produce them.

Not may people realize that MiP made AX10 Shafts and they plain out sucked. all they had to do was listen to their customers what would it take to make them better. but instead of doing that. they choose to discontinue the product. One vendor slamming another vendor, sorry that looks bad on you. I know there not a supporting vendor yet but you dont slam the competition out in the open in front of everybody. You have a bussiness and all the experience you keep braging about, you should know better. Unless your trying to keep new vendors away.

The Axial shafts are out of stock regularly, and eventually they will be more available as time goes by. But if you really think about this. Axial wasn't exactly prepared to release the Wraith at the time. It was leaked forcing the production into overdrive. It has nothing to do with who owns them now, it has nothing to do with production. It has to do with demand!

I am glad Axial has sold the Wraith as well as they have, its a great platform.
Can you still get axles, Yes you just need to find them!

But several people like to use different products in relation with these shafts.
Some prefer RC4WD and some prefer Vanquish, Some people prefer HR lockers while others want EGGRESSOr's lockers. there is in fact many different combinations to choose from. And of course is the readers ability to read threads and learn from experienced builders.

Many don't want to do that but rather build themselves into a money pit and bitch and complain.

I got a little upset because Mr SC Shaun is a new member here and thinks because he works in an RC shop that he knows better than us all.
and furthermore he just assumed I was aiming statement at him self.

Sounds to me like he has issues to deal with.

Again I will chat with Brandon and see if I can get a more definitive answer to whats going on. But in all honesty, I dont see it happening!

You want bullet proof or as close as you can to get it.

Wait for the Super 300's to come out. Until then run Axial's if you can snag them. Upgrade to better bearings which means better that buying a whole kit for $10.00, Buy an aluminum case and truss, Buy the Axial Hardened steel Ring and Pinions, and buy any one of your choice of the lockers that are out.
After that you'll be complain free and quite happy.Buy, buy ,buy, it would be nice to be able to get it all in one shot.Nobody sells an upgrade kit that contains almost everything. As you said above, "Many don't want to do that but rather build themselves into a money pit and bitch and complain."
The money pit fills up quick when you've got to order from half a dozen vendors. But like you said buy, buy, buy.

We all do it including us who are more experienced because we want our trucks to run well just like you do. Hell my latest truck (FOJV Buggy) will have over $2000,00 into it, but it will run like a top for several years. Not hours.
Experienced, yeah we all know about your experience and years in RC, How can we ever forget that, you remind us in every other post you put up. Your arms hurting yet from patting yourself on the back?

Sorry but I've been holding my tongue for a while now but this guy's ego is so huge I couldn't help myself.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Your absolutely correct, this site is aimed at RC Rock Crawling.
What I meant was how many other RC websites do you know that specialize in custom fabricators to a single RC product line?
I agree but what you posted didn't come off like what you ment.

And since we are on that subject, how many other RC websites vendors give away $$$ of their product away year after year? and how about for 12 straight days on Christmas, how many vendors stepped up to help donate and or rally donations for that Tag your wearing as your avatar.
Whats your point? I agree this site is awesome, never said otherwise and tell people to check this site out daily.

You want hobby shop rules, then go support your local hobby shop and have them buy all these things you are requesting, contact RPP hobby and ask them to sell all these various products. There ya go! One stop for everything. What are hobby shop rules?

And by the way, Matt may be the rep who I still have yet to see here. But Brandon is the guy who is gonna make them. Your also being misinformed of something's, might want to do a search for "team3six thundering evolution" if it wasn't for MiP I wouldn't of ever been able to put power to that beast.
It was Brandon that developed 5 sets of drive shafts for that.

And furthermore, I'm not bashing MiP, frock I run that stuff in all my rigs. You wanna blame someone, blame MiP. They will admit why they don't make the AX10 shafts themselves, you don't need me to say it.

Bottom line is simple, you wanna hate me? Go ahead! I can wear big boy pants. I don't expect to get along with everyone and i know i dont.
I don't hate you man,like I said in the PM, I don't hate you, shoot I don't even know you.It's just you come off cockey or on an ego trip in a lot of your posts and it gets old.

But I'll be damned if your gonna throw me under the bus because you and others like you cry because you've broke your little toys and spent too much money. Get in line Sally, it's RC!
No crying here, I do my research before hitting the buy button and havn't broken anything except maybe strip a spur gear or two in the last couple years.
If anyone is bashing vendors it's you. Where is your loyalty to support the people who make the stuff you claim you love?
I'm not bashing any vendors and my loyalty is setting on the shelf behind me in the form of mine and my wife's Wraith's. I have close to 2K in mine and about half that in my wife's. All built with parts from vendors on this site. The only parts that didn't come from them are the servo's and parts I built myself like links.

You don't want my help? Fine! But don't dare stand on your soapbox and cry because the so called vendor you support doesn't support you.
I'm off the soapbox now, you can have it back.
I'm done with this thred, it no longer has any technical value.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #50

Thanks for the points made, Turn'Nburn.

Unfortunately the point in protest to this MiP product has been lost since page 1 and that's how it goes. When people constantly ignore the bottom line points in favor of bashing them for their lack of salesmanship or their whining over money, It's a truly pointless cause to try and fight through the mud for air. I will also not be buying a single product from you, Team. (as if you cared) Based soley off your elitist mentality towards people who have a budget. Even myself personally who has a pretty large budget, who would be glad to have forked out 160.00 if he hadn't replaced everything to begin with. Doubling up for the same product to get 1 additional part is bogus, and if anyone would get over themselves, they'd agree too.

As far as my knowledge base: It is irrelevant. I compete in 1/10 Short course, and 1/8 E-buggy. I spent my fair share of money on reasonable and overpriced items and 'gladly' pay for said parts that are flat out necessary. This in all aspects applies to this corner of the hobby as well. Not a single one of my 7 rigs is sitting on under a thousand dollars. I know quality, and I know it comes at a price. I do what I need to do to compete. Does relative terms to crawling render my opinion void? I guess it does.

I will return to being a lurker and PM'ing what I need. Please, enjoy your chair, team3six along with your supporters.
SC Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #51

I would gladly pay over 200 for mip wraith axle kit
Jason4201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I personally feel that if MIP believes that ALL the front axle components need to be stronger in order to see enough of a benifit to outweigh the theoretical $160 price tag then that is the proper way to design, engineer, and produce said upgraded parts.

Put me on the pre-order list and PM me when available already cause I can't stand the drama.

Lets me realistic hear, Vanquish CVD's and housings alone will run you more than that, and you'll still be stuck with "undesized" stock bearings and shaft sizes.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
So what do you all think, would you spend around $165 to beef up the front end with MIP? Lets hear your thoughts.
Sure

I mean Super 300 HD's are around $190 just for the inners

Vanquish VVd's are almost $100.

Seems reasonable if they get good steering and are higher quality than the stock universals.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
Experienced, yeah we all know about your experience and years in RC, How can we ever forget that, you remind us in every other post you put up. Your arms hurting yet from patting yourself on the back?

Sorry but I've been holding my tongue for a while now but this guy's ego is so huge I couldn't help myself.
Amen Transambill, thanks for saying what I was thinking.

I'm interested in what MIP and anybody else has to say about how they can improve our toys for more fun and durability. I pay for quality, because it's cheaper in the long run and less hassle!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #55

i'd rather see mip make pinion thrust bearing kits, or beefier knuckles that housed bigger bearings. something new...

but i wouldnt mind a little competition/availabilty with items like beefy axle shafts.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i'd rather see mip make pinion thrust bearing kits, or beefier knuckles that housed bigger bearings. something new...
I installed a thrust bearing from Avid into my wraith earlier this week and it seems to be holding up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
but i wouldnt mind a little competition/availabilty with items like beefy axle shafts.
No joke. So, we're talking (or were...last year) about replacing the housing, knuckles, hubs and shafts.......all for $160? That's a STEAL! The only other option for those parts totals $250.

Options are never a bad thing.....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I installed a thrust bearing from Avid into my wraith earlier this week and it seems to be holding up well.

No joke. So, we're talking (or were...last year) about replacing the housing, knuckles, hubs and shafts.......all for $160? That's a STEAL! The only other option for those parts totals $250.

Options are never a bad thing.....
I didn't think the housing was included in the $160.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
I didn't think the housing was included in the $160.
If it's not, then that's still cheaper than the competition. VP shafts, knuckles and c-hubs cost $180.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
If it's not, then that's still cheaper than the competition. VP shafts, knuckles and c-hubs cost $180.
And if they are 300hd strong then the deal gets even better.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
And if they are 300hd strong then the deal gets even better.
I doubt they would be made from 300M, but I have never had an issue with an MIP part when they were properly built.

However, I doubt this will come to fruition. I'm betting that MIP has lost interest after seeing all of the complaining from members of this board who have secondary agendas...

MIP front axle kit, anyone interested? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which MIP stub axle will fit MIP AX10 center driveline cups ?? sweli General Crawlers 2 11-08-2011 06:59 PM
front steering linkage behind front axle kit? slip408 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-14-2008 01:16 AM