Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My RTR Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #1

Default My RTR Experience

Hey

I purchased an RTR Wraith about a month ago and just wanted to let people know how things went.

Charged up my 2 2S batts and without any mods took the truck riding. Nothing too harsh - just trails with a couple jumps. After about 10 batt cycles (maybe 20min each) I had the knuckle that holds the chub break. Looks like the screw and bushing came out and caused this to happen. So I tried gluing the knuckle but it didn't last one outing. So - replaced with another 'plastic' knuckle and glued screws so they won't come loose again.

Two rides after this my servo horn strips. Replace it with one of the two extra they include in the box. Immediately following this fix one of my front links break and I'm down again. Anyway - order metal links and replace. Servo horn strips again so replace (metal horn on the way).

And finally - I'm back to driving daily with no problems through about 10 batts with fingers crossed. I have ordered some hop-ups and will replace as the plastic stock stuff breaks. I do love the truck and having fun with it. Just like it to be ready when I am.

BioWheel
BioWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My RTR Experience

Replace the C-hub and rear straight link screws with M3 machine screws, they hold alot better and with a tiny dab of superglue, never work loose.
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

20 20min runs and thats all thats broken.thats awsome
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i ran a couple days with a half broken front lower link, the other turned to jelly. made handling a lil awkward but still drove, recently made front lower links out of 5/16 solid delrin, and steering links out of 1/4 delrin tube, with a high tensile wire core. holding up great. front drive shaft let go though.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Even the kit versions are prone to failure. I had maybe 3 runs into mine when the entire Steering knuckle ripped off and pulled the axle shaft with it. Shortly after fixing that I broke a lower link just crawling over a mild rock pile, broke one of the shocks doing a hillclimb with a Timbuk 2 brushless setup, stripped countless servo horns, and even managed to destroy the stock locker. After a period of trial and error I found all the weak points upgraded them and now own 4 Wraiths.
TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote

My RTR Experience - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone have experience with this? Super Fabrication Formula Offroad 11 02-28-2013 04:18 PM
My experience thus far. Juicebag31 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 48 09-05-2012 09:05 AM
Does anyone have any experience with.... kaetwo General Scale Talk 4 07-16-2008 11:05 AM
my 1:18 experience dhoffroad General Crawlers 15 01-26-2006 10:53 PM