Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Baja Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Baja Wraith (videos on post 54)

hey folks Im alex, Im from Baja, Mex, this is my 1st post, my first crawler and my 3rd RC (just started in feb this year, man this is addictive I was running away from fishing to save some some coins but I think I choosen the wrong hobby..again LOL), well this little things are amazing, I read and read and read to check what crawler to get and in a past baja 1000 off road race expo I finally get my decision made when I saw this truck that you might find similarities with "some" axial truck, right?

I already get the kit version since I have some brushed electronics taken off from my MT truck that now is brushless, my plan is to build the kit in brushed form with a 20t motor, play with with get familiarized on the capabilities and specs and in few months make it brushless too for a relative more speed and more reliability, or maybe make it FOFF.

so, I'll be here making a lot of questions but of course I'm reading a ton on this section to get ideas and tips first.

saludos

Last edited by Steelfish; 12-12-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: adding videos
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Baja Wraith

Inspiration rig looks cool...enjoy!!
94smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Good place to learn
stickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
ESC
Rock Stacker

I m also from Baja, Mex (Mexicali) and this is one of the best forum you could find on the net
ESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

cool, first person that I know is from baja Mex too, saludos compa

a question for you guys, I plan to going brushless in 3-4 months, the HD parts that Im going to need like HD bevel gears, steel tranny gears, idle gear, etc, how hard to to change then over the stock parts once the kit is already built?
I cant spend much right now for the HD parts but if they are a PITA to reinstall I would find a way to get some of those parts during the build
Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I was thinking to get some cheap beadlocks like the Gmade of $13 per 2
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/gmade-g...-2-p-3562.html
but I was looking for some reviews or comments on those and dont find so much, so guys, are this wheels worth it?
I know there are tons of better choices out there but Im on a budget right now, actually I would use the stock rims but I still dont know if Im going to use my wraith 70% crawling and 30% trailing/bashing or backwards, so I just need the ability of add weights if need to, not just going for bling bling.

actually I was looking for some good used beadlocks on fleabay but most of them cost more than this gmade.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I've got these on my wraith and I can't complain. They look good and have held well. Didn't have a problem mounting the Ripsaws either. Good buy for someone on a budget.
powercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I have broken a set of those wheels. Pretty decent looking for the price, but couldn't hold up to my crawler.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

powercat, thanks for your comment that what I need it to hear

scaleready, how did you broke your wheels? it was a big hit/crash or mild, etc?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

If you are going to throw power to the rig, I would suggest to plan for aluminum wheels. If you are going to crawl, go ahead and use the brushed motor you have, but gear down. You will lose speed, but the motor may last a while. If you go brushless, make sure it is a sensored motor, otherwise it will be no good for crawling. From there replace parts as they break, and they will. If you want a high speed basher, buy a traxxas slash or stampede.
Bronco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

not really looking for some speed basher I already have a Ecx Ruckus MT that is almost like a pede but in Emaxx size, right now is already converted into a Quad ATV and running 42mph with a 3660 motor 2700kv and 9.6nimh batts, so my speed bug is already covered.
this how my Ruckus used to look

and this is how it looks now

mostly with my Wriath Im looking for a trailing rig, some crawling and capable of some speed 20-25mph max, If I go brushless I know i have to make some upgrades (same thing happened with my brushed Ruckus, so Im aware that I have to do some shopping before going BL), but no set on turning my wraith into a FOFF what would be awsome but not in a short future.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

These are great budget cars,as long as your budget is BIG,LOL!!

None of the upgrades are that difficult to add later,just have fun!

Replace as you break!!
Radron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelfish View Post
powercat, thanks for your comment that what I need it to hear

scaleready, how did you broke your wheels? it was a big hit/crash or mild, etc?
Forgot about this thread.. I broke the hex on two wheels. Cracked the plastic right in half. Not sure what it was a result of, but never had any big crashes. I think it was just weight and power.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

just a curious pic I found checking the build threads of other users,

this comes from USprinceton2004 rigs
ussprinceton2004's Resident Evil wraith (post #9)

this was taken by me in a local off road race the day before that race (and actually inspired me to get the Wraith)

see any similarities?
cool, right?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

That is cool! Is it full size, or is it scale? I don't know. Lol. There is lots of pics on here where it's hard to tell which one your looking at!
Jeepfixer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

LOL..

last pic are 1:1 full size cars, here you can see more pics of the same trucks where are people near of them, awesome cars in person, since I cannot have one of them I decided to have a scale one similar

Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

ok folks this build is more slow than I though but its fault of my wife and my work LOL, anyway, I have question for you guys that have build a wraith or any other axial kit.. does your shocks feel too tight and dont run freely before putting the oil and springs?
mines are like if the small O rings were really a tight fit and the shaft dont run trough them free, they run smooth no bumps or anything just kind of stiff/tight, I would like to think is because they brand new and just need some usage to break in but I knot sure, not much to look into the shocks parts to check if something is wrong so I almost totally sure they were build correctly...

any thoughts?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
ok folks this build is more slow than I though but its fault of my wife and my work LOL, anyway, I have question for you guys that have build a wraith or any other axial kit.. does your shocks feel too tight and dont run freely before putting the oil and springs?
mines are like if the small O rings were really a tight fit and the shaft dont run trough them free, they run smooth no bumps or anything just kind of stiff/tight, I would like to think is because they brand new and just need some usage to break in but I knot sure, not much to look into the shocks parts to check if something is wrong so I almost totally sure they were build correctly...

any thoughts?
You should always add a little shock oil to the o-rings/shock cartridge before assembling the shocks. Otherwise you risk tearing the o-rings when interting the shock shaft through the cartridge. Have you never worn a condom before?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

LOL your last example put everything clear now.. thanks.. so little bit of saliva and they're good to go.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
LOL your last example put everything clear now.. thanks.. so little bit of saliva and they're good to go.
If no fit, put spit.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote

Baja Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enter to win a FREE WRAITH, BAJA, BLITZ, & More from FastEddyBearings.com FastEddy General Crawlers 415 12-03-2011 12:15 PM
Wraith Baja Lights "RPM Roof Mount Light Bar" Propane Axial Wraith 1 10-27-2011 12:05 PM