Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Servo Horn - My first repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #1

Default Servo Horn - My first repair

Just got a new Wraith and been driving it around the yard for about a week now. Decided to take it out tonight and practice before I take it on a real rock crawling adventure the very next day.

The place I am planning to go to is about an hour away and has some cool rock crawling.

Anyway, while I was practicing I noticed at one point that the wheels were not turning at all while on the ground. Picked up the truck and the wheels were turning, but not on the ground. Darn, my first assumption was the servo failure. Took a closer look and noticed that the Servo Horn was loose and figured it was stripped since it is made of cheap plastic. I ran back into the house hoping that there would be a spare servo horn that came with those bags of spare-parts, and thank god there was .

It was super-easy to replace and had the truck running again. Whew, I guess I got lucky with the spare part. Got one more spare Servo Horn and will take it with me just in case.

I noticed that Axial sells Aluminum Servo horn and was wondering which one I should get? Can someone help me with that?

Thank you,
Madkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Stock servos are ok.....but if you are planning to use you rig for crawling i would high recommend upgrading servo,servo horn aluminum 25 spline,and steering drag link and tie rod....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
hammer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Servo Horn - My first repair

I would carry a couple spares and when the servo dies upgrade to a high torque servo and metal arm.
AR Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Love this forum, I was having the same issues with the steering/turning, thinking my steering servo went out, and instead of starting a new thread, I used the "search" and low and behold, I found the answers I needed
So I just checked my bag of parts, sure enough, there was two horns now Im up and running, but its late and I cant go out and play lol

Anyways, thanks all
4x4Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Same thing here, had it two days.. mine stripped out on a test run on the first night without any abuse. (It was silly how easily it stripped) I used the 24 spline off the parts tree (25 spline is correct for the servo) and used the screw to press-fit it on the servo so I actually got to take it out last night and run through a battery.

I've got an aluminum piece on the way, along with some other goodies. Hoping to make some good contributions to the beginner's thread here soon.

Firstpostwoot

Last edited by monkeymagic9; 09-16-2012 at 09:35 PM.
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #6

I stripped mine out in no time. Looks like I will have to look and see if I got spares with mine too. I never thought to look. I will order a good one tonight.
pipewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Ditch the plastic ones and get an aluminum one.....best first upgrade.
ScottinBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #8

Been a while since I been to this thread. Anyway, I have had a metal servo horn for several months and never had any problems with it. Also, have a new Savox servo and Vanquish titanium links all around. All this new stuff has been a big improvement.
Madkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Axial Aluminum 6061 Servo Horn 23T AX30834, AX10, Wraith
Axial Aluminum 6061 Servo Horn 24T AX30835, AX10, Wraith
Axial Aluminum 6061 Servo Horn 25T AX30836, AX10, Wraith

Best horns and worth every penny!!

I have a Hitec servo so 24T for me!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo Horn - My first repair - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hitec servo glitching and a servo horn question m1009cucv Electronics 5 08-18-2012 11:22 AM
servo repair mikey4play Electronics 1 05-11-2011 06:39 PM
metal gear servo, servo horn screws... M2, 4-40, M3??? dieselfuel General Crawlers 7 12-25-2006 07:00 PM