Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Project "Chopped Crawler" Cutting the FAT off a Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #21
Metal shaper

Obviously the VP wheels are super nice and über scale. Other great option for scale are the new wheels from Locked UP RC. They are also slw hub compatible and 1:1 clones. You can get your wheels, winch, and scale hardware all at once. I would also strongly recommend the TSS scale Robby Gordon wheels, still has raw finish available but probably not very many. I know I got the last set of black Robby Gordon wheels couple of weeks ago. They are also slw hub compatible.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355501933.460115.jpg
Views: 1360
Size:  82.9 KB
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project "Chopped Crawler" Cutting the FAT off a Wraith

Clay, what was the wheel that you had a custom outer lock ring? I like the TSS wheel, just want something more almost as much as the LockedUp think ring but not as solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
For a winch, either spend the money and get a Quicksand or CLAW winch or get the always trusty servo winch that is easily hidden. You can get both the CLAW and servo winch from Locked Up RC. I have both. Only been runnin the CLAW so far in Southern Comfort and love it. Especially the free spool feature.
I looked at the Claw and that looks sweet, where is the big difference between the 3Racing or RC4wd?

Also I am going to need black inner front wheel wells and non v-panels but cut short to match the rear of the cage. If I mail you the white panels I cute up in the pics can you make panels off that?
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Oh boy! Just got an email that my C.I foams I ordered yesterday and shipping today from Crawler Innovations, Thanks Eddie!!

I hope my order for the new PitBull II's will be shipping soon from RPP.com. Can't wait to try this new rig out on the rocks over the holiday time off work
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #24
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCT_Guy View Post
Clay, what was the wheel that you had a custom outer lock ring? I like the TSS wheel, just want something more almost as much as the LockedUp think ring but not as solid.

I looked at the Claw and that looks sweet, where is the big difference between the 3Racing or RC4wd?

Also I am going to need black inner front wheel wells and non v-panels but cut short to match the rear of the cage. If I mail you the white panels I cute up in the pics can you make panels off that?
I have custom rings for almost every set I run, it's how I roll. Haha
But I think you were talking about the TSS Versante's. They had the Southern Comfort rings on them and actually just sold them last week.
Figure out what you are wanting as far as a ring, and if it needs to be aluminum I can more than likely just modify them for you.

The main difference in the 3racing and RC4wd is physical size. The 3racing is a tad smaller dimension wise. I've never run an RC4wd but have owned them. If you plan on using one for a functional winch, don't bother with either of them. Go CLAW or Quicksand, or the servo winch, and mount a 3racing for a dummy.
I can surely use your panels for a template, won't be a problem. Just email me when your ready and we'll get this show on the road.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #25
Metal shaper

Now that I look back at your pics, just send me the truck. I want to do a roof and one piece side wrap for it if your down. Really make it over the top with some custom skin work.
We can just split the shipping.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Wheeeeeeeel whooooooore
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I'm digging it. Keep us posted.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I got my front bumper in the other day and I am leaning on the servo style winch, what choices do I have for mounting a servo winch? I am running a CMS for steering so I am not sure how I can make that work. I picked up a front bumper and servo mout set up from another member but I eded up not being able to use it because of the CMS set up.

Options please

Thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #29
Metal shaper

You can mount the servo winch basically anywhere it will fit. You can use brake line to route the winch line through the chassis by just zip tying it in place.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #30
RCC Addict

I mounted my servo winch in the rear right under where the speakers are in the interior.And ran the rope through rod ends to route it.

T I N Y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Well I got my BGR bumper and its very nice! Also got a servo winch and d-rings and rope. Now I just need to figure out where I can get a winch mount because the one I had does not work with the CMS set up I am running.

Also my PitBulls came in!!!!! CI foam came in last week so time to mount some tires up!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Pitbulls & CI Foam are mounted and man I really like the height these tires have.

Next to some Ripsaws

Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

WOW these new tires are GREAT! I love the ground clearance of the taller tire and the grip is GREAT! If missed in the post I did mount them up with CI foams. I installed a DIG in this build and I really love that also. Everything went well on this first trip out on this project other than the screws on the main drive (lower) gear for the DIG backed off and I lost drive to the front axle. At first I thought I broke something but after tear down and clean up she looks ok and I will be putting it back together and using lock tite. This tranny was purchased 2nd hand so who knows if they where tight.

My son, his Wraith on the left, "Chopped Crawler" in the middle and ExWraith'O.... another great morning out with my son

Project "Chopped Crawler" Cutting the FAT off a Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project painted wraith frame build. "CHECK IT" mudd_slinger Axial Wraith 47 11-17-2013 08:00 PM
Project "Balldragger" 1.9 scx wraith build TNCrawler Axial SCX-10 23 10-08-2012 11:49 PM
Project " Old Skool" 73' Bronco Wraith cazper51 Axial Wraith 5 09-30-2012 09:20 PM
Project: "Bleached Anger" from SCX-10 to a wraith inkpen00 Axial Wraith 13 11-16-2011 05:27 PM