Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: How to film and drive your Axel Wraith at the same time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #1

Default How to film and drive your Axel Wraith at the same time

Filming your Wraith in action is always better with someone filming it for you, but it is not always easy to find someone to do that for you. I always have a hard time finding someone to help me, so I gotta find ways to get the job done all by myself.

When I started out filming my Wraith I had the GoPro camera mounted on a small tripod which required too much work that spoiled the fun. So, I had to find a easier method that did not require so much work. Mounting the GoPro directly on the Wraith, so many different ways to do this, but I wanted more angles and be able to film it while panning the camera at the Wraith while it was moving.

I discovered Xshot Pocket Telescoping Camera Extender one day at the local REI store (REI.com) and bought it for about $25. It was well worth the price, it not only works with the GoPro but also with my Canon Vixia M500 camcorder. Zip-tie this stick on the front bumper of the Wraith and you get great side-view of the wraith, really cool angle. You can also zip-tie this stick to the bottom of your stock wraith radio so you can drive and film at the same time. It is really easy to film and drive at the same time from any angle.

If you decide to buy this stick for your GoPro or small camcorder, make sure you also buy the GoPro Tripod camera mount which can also be bought at REI.com.

I do not like to use the GoPro sticker mounts on my Wraith because I don't want the thing stuck on there, and you really don't want that thing to be seen on film.

To see some sample of my work check out my YouTube videos at keithphotorama

Have fun, make lots of videos, and subscribe to my YouTube channel. If you have any Tips & Tricks on filming your Wraith please let me know.
Madkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

How to film and drive your Axel Wraith at the same time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twisted Axel Crawlers Wraith Zander1422 Axial Wraith 24 08-31-2012 05:18 PM
Wraith Drive Shafts craddock35 Axial Wraith 17 10-20-2011 01:51 PM
TLT axel issues, replace or go Axial axel? Madkoifish Tamiya TLT Crawlers 6 04-27-2008 09:50 AM
Frustrated with rear axel, drive pin help needed jkoch88 General Crawlers 1 01-13-2006 11:13 AM