Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Which radio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

Default Which radio?

I was sitting around the house yesterday (bored to death "old retired guy) and was looking for something to do. I built a few helicopters from kits but could never master the art of flying them and they are expensive to repair when you crash which for me was often. So I thought that something fixed to the ground maybe a good choice. I went to my local Hobby Store, which is very small and they had this "ready to go truck" so I bought it. Boy am I excited. I want to get a Wraith kit to build next to learn about this great truck (it only took one day to get hooked).
Sorry to run on like this and now back to my question. I want to replace the radio. I have only used Spectrums with my helicopters but I am asking for your advise. I don't like the throttle action, among other things, with the kit radio so want to replace it. What are your recommendations? What do I look for in a radio? I only want to replace the radio once.
Thanks for your help. I hope you guys don't mind stupid questions because I will be asking a lot of them while I learn about this new, for me, hobby.

Regards, Moe
moejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Which radio?

Hey Moe!

I'm in the same boat as you (collecting components for my first Wraith build)... after careful consideration I think I have decided to go with a Futaba 4PL... bang for the buck it's hard to beat this radio IMO
BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

im spectrumn guy. for flying things. i had dx6i that i accidently dropped and broke spetrumn fixed and refurbished the radio and for free ever since then i was hooked i now have dx8 and love it im more into flying then ground things but will get spektrumn dx3 at some point. im watching ebay and seeing that i can get one for 100 and sometimes under .

i also like the flysky stuff. its a bargain and seems to work
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

For the budget guy go with the Fly Sky GT3B $39 at Hobbypartz.com
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

There's a lot to consider when choosing a radio. Do you like a stick radio or a trigger style with a steering wheel. Also you need to ask yourself if yor going to add anything like 4 wheel steering, a dig upgrade or a two speed transmission, or a winch of some sort. The futaba 4pl is in my opinion the most economical 4 channel radio on the market, but I also own one. Do your home work!
LEADFOOT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #6

I am thinking the flysky it4 looks good
99chevy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Dx3e/c/r are all great radios for the price!!!
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Which radio? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NO Power on Radio after GT3B Radio Hack jcosentino Electronics 3 12-30-2011 10:27 PM
replacement Radio antenna for spectrum radio jdacus Electronics 10 10-26-2010 05:48 AM
What radios are you guys using? stick radio or pistol grip radio?? yellowpasta2000 Newbie General 14 11-28-2009 09:10 AM
Convince me why I should buy a 3pm-x radio over a 2pl radio BadRockNoCookie Electronics 6 11-13-2009 06:23 PM