Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith 2, rise of the Phoenix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraith 2, rise of the Phoenix

Hello gentlemen,

This post is a bit premature, but it's never too early for good ideas

I'm nearing the completion of my Wraith kit build. Since I have some OCD problems, it has taken me weeks and I've upgraded a lot of parts along the way. Due to that, I'm going to be left with a lot of spare stock Wraith parts, enough to start a second build. Namely, I'll have full axle assemblies, tires, wheels, upper and lower links, shafts, shocks, etc. I'll need to buy a few parts to complete the lower half, and I'll have a full transmission at some point in the near future.

So ... I'm thinking second vehicle. I'd like to go brushless, probably Traxxas VXL, but details are still to be decided. I want this one to ride low, rider fast(er), and be simpler. No scale parts, gutted, just pure fun.

What I would like ideas on is the upper half / chassis. I don't have any of those Wraith parts, as the full plastic cage and belly plate are in use. I know I can create an AX10 Ridgeline pretty easily, I can get a full chassis from RC-Recyler. I can then play with ride height, bodies, etc.

However, I've also seen the Exo cage build, using the Wraith lower and driveline, and that was awesome. So, I could buy the Exo cage and try that as well.

Anyone have opinions or other ideas? Like I said, I'll have an awesome Wraith soon, so I'm looking to do something with all of the left-over parts in a brushless setup, and not spend a fortune

Thanks!

Last edited by MetalNut; 01-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.
MetalNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith 2, rise of the Phoenix

do you have axcess to welder and bench mounted vise? if so you could use a skidplate build your own links and do super simple bare bones welded frame out of 3/16 or 1/4" bar. i see guys also solder these cages but with no scale in mind . some shock mounts and maybe a small cab with enough room for whatever lipo you wanted and eltronics
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

pics
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Unfortunately my fabrication skills are pathetic at best. I'm ok with drilling holes, but I've never welded anything in my life. So, I'm probably bound by what others are selling or by what's available from other companies.

I figure I can go with a Wraith belly plate and build on that, or with an AX10 belly plate. I'm leaning towards Wraith if I go for the Exo build, and towards AX10 for my take on that model. Either way, I'll have to buy the cage, be it the stock plastic or aftermarket aluminum. I wish I had more skills to make my own

And I will definitely have pictures of whatever I do. I'll also have pictures of my Wraith pretty soon, but in its own thread
MetalNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith 2, rise of the Phoenix - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why the front right side wheel rise elvis0502 Formula Offroad 2 01-21-2013 10:23 PM
.... BADLANDS...Will they RISE aswell ? m&mkrawler Tires and Wheels 7 04-10-2009 08:43 AM
Arizona, Phoenix, PARC (Phoenix Arizona Rock Crawlers) kevinlongisland Competition Results 5 12-18-2005 03:20 PM
Rise of the TLT buildup ILoveRCRockCrawlin Tamiya TLT Crawlers 24 12-18-2005 09:24 AM