Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: purchasing wraith 2nd hand tonight need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default purchasing wraith 2nd hand tonight need help

going in about 20 mins to look at a wraith kit. its from a younger kid (highschool ish sounding) has a 2.4ghz controller/reciever, no esc, no body panels, and no battery box.

im wondering what i should look at, touch, fiddle with, inspect properly before pulling the trigger on this. new to crawling and rc in general. have a summit/ rustler and bandit ATM but have only been in the rc "game" for about a month.

he is asking 200 and it doesnt sound to bad. thinking of shooting him an offer of 180 since none of the body,battery box is ther. but i know these arent cheap kits new so i also dont want to offend seller by asking to low out of ignorance.

will appreciate any help in this. really want a wraith but dont want to get screwed by my eagerness.

slomo
SlomoCrawlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: purchasing wraith 2nd hand tonight need help

A lot depends on price and for me I always look at how clean something is. Does it have any mods or anything? Any pictures?
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlejock27 View Post
A lot depends on price and for me I always look at how clean something is. Does it have any mods or anything? Any pictures?
he wants 200. no body panels, no interior pieces. also from the pictures you can see the bat. box is gone as well. it looks to be stock. i dont think he has driven it at all. but i will ask him when i get ther.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Body isn't a big deal you can get one for 35 bucks plus paint and battery tray isn't a big deal. I would move the electronics to the front anyway. A good esc can run you 100 bucks easily and a decent motor can be spendy also depending on what you want to do with it. I would give 150 for it if it was me..
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

i have a few 20T laying around here and a CRAP load of spare titan12T these wont do it for crawling but will get me going until i get a nice 35T im going to use a spare traxxas XL5 that i have here for now and a traxxas high torque servo. i was thinking 160ish. thanks for the help Throttlejock. wish me luck. hope this thing is legit
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

No prob, Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

i would pay about 100 for that wraith. site unseen since thats about what the axles cost
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I paid $220 for a complete RTR Wraith.
If you're new to the game, I'd look for a complete car, then learn from there.
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

ok well i got him to 170. i feel it was a fair price. all the cab parts ar still ther (seats and such) he showed me the body it was chopped to ish so i opted to not even take it. the truck itself is in perfect condition. he only drove it 4 times before he fried his esc (the 23/86 gearing probably had something to do with it )

so im in the process now of removing my XL-5 Esc, titan 12T w/ 14tooth gear, reciever and throwing them on this beast and see how she throws down.

big snow storm coming tonight cant wait for that to fall. the trails out back of my house will be perfect.

also already had a forum member hook my up with a new fresh RTR body. (woot)

going to read over the newbie guide and see what upgrades i will do first.

on the list already would be:
-high trq. servo
- 35T motor.. suggestions would be cool
-big bore shocks (still unsure if im going to go longer or shorter...will depend i guess on other settings)
- custom LED setup my be
- beadlocks w/ different tires (these stockers seem pretty legit for now)
- whatever vanquish parts i can afford over time.

i know for sure my first big change after my servos and motor will be a RWS setup.

looking at possibly using the traxxas 4ch radio for this setup. I have a new rustler that i can do the "Traxxas trade up" program and get the TQI+ with the Traxxas link and all those goodies for about 100 bucks.

I will also be upgrading to a brushless 4pole motor but will be going for the 4500+ area for the powa while keeping speeds low.

im still new to all of this so feel free to steer me in the right direction. Im more into the scale enjoyment then competitive crawling but if i can find a happy medium for my rig i will def stay open minded to hearing input from proper crawlers.

Thanks for the help. Super excited to test my skills with this bad boy.
~slomo

purchasing wraith 2nd hand tonight need help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
steering/servo help on a new 2nd hand purchase jordzan Axial Wraith 3 01-24-2013 08:27 PM
which one better, Futaba 3PM-MX or 2nd hand 3PK? JonehRC Newbie General 7 02-06-2010 10:11 PM
My 2nd hand BERG mchester EnRoute Berg 13 09-22-2008 10:09 AM