Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith kit list...opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #1

Thumbs up Wraith kit list...opinions?

Whats up crawlers recently put together a list at the hobby shop just waiting on it too come in and looking for some thoughts on what ive got so far...i kept a under 500.00$$ budget let me know what your opinions are!!! Good or bad
- wraith kit
- strc hd cnc steering links
- trx 2218x receiver (already have other models only need one transmitter)
- savox 0251mg .18/222 oz in at 6v
- novak HV Ubec 6v/3A
- trx xl5 W/LVC
- titan 12t (had one kicken in the parts bin)

The only thing i feel i cheaped on was the motor and esc, but that'll be addressed after ive run the rig and see what kinda power ill need from their...
Came in shipped for 460 and change...all the smalls like glue and paint are already in stock in my workshop lol also got some 7/32" steel rod for axles...have loads of shocks and springs that will fit, flipped rear shock mount...looking too really mod this guy!!
This will be my first crawler...figured id get something that was not the best but not the worst, have done few kits tamiya axial exo have some rtrs as well rustler, Im building the wraith with a more crawler use than speed...this will be a slow rig with high spur # 's and low low pinions...
Anyways any opinions or thoughts or reviews are appreciated...
Later

Last edited by RustyWraith; 02-28-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Add more info
RustyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wraith kit list...opinions?

That servo is going to be lacking the power for a rig as heavy as the Wraith, and with the big tires. You should really get something more in the 360-400oz minimum. The BEC will be fine with that servo, but not enough if you ever want a high voltage servo. Like you said a better motor and ESC isn't necessary, but would be nice. As for the servo though I'd recommend a HighTec 7954 and a CC programmable BEC.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Jus
I wanna be Dave

If you are building this thing as a crawler, you will hate the XL-5 after about 5 minutes. The lack of drag brake and the double trigger pump for reverse really sucks. I know this all too well. I ran an xl-5 on a ax-10 comp crawler for a year.

My wraith is also built as a crawler. My esc and motor is a Holmes BR-XL paired with a Holmes 27T Torquemaster Pro. Geared very conservative.. Scary torque and acceleration and crawls super slow if I need it to. It's not cheap, but very worth it.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I would also get a bigger servo. I didn't think I would need a bigger one either but now I got a hitec 7950 and love it. I also don't think that esc is gonna be good for crawling. Can't go wrong with the holmes brxl and holmes torque master motors. All depends how much you want to spend
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Axial Wraith Rock Racer 310.99
Castle Creations BEC 10A Switching Regulator 19.99
Hitec RCD HS-7950TH Mega Torque Ti Gear Digital Dual BB 139.99
Axial Wraith Steering Tierod Set 24.00

Then I would save for a BRXL from holmes or find a used sidewinder or RTR wraith AE-2 ESC in the FS section which shouldn't put you over the $500 mark too much

You would be much happier in the long run...IMO

Last edited by k9popo; 02-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, build, crawler, wraith, wraith kit

Wraith kit list...opinions? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About to build a new XR10 kit, opinions welcome HurricaneSpike Axial XR10 6 08-29-2012 01:57 AM
Level-3 R/C Shock Drop Kit..! Opinions..? Big Tex Axial Wraith 13 08-03-2012 09:26 AM
Getting the AX SX10 kit soon , need list of electrnics I need and motor/tranny to get ToyotaStovy General Crawlers 5 01-21-2010 04:46 PM