Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New Wraith Owner Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #1

Default New Wraith Owner Build

Just recently got my first wraith, new to them but use to race years ago when the rc10t3 was the new thing lol. So new to the brushless and lipo stuff but have done some research on things.
But on to the wraith, it came with a Castle sidewinder SCT & 4 Pole 3800. It's pretty quick and to quick really for what I want to do. It also has some problems, I'm no pro at this so not really sure what it is. But it jumps around alot when I'm holding the throttle in a steady spot on turning? But to solve the problem I just bought a crawl master Pro motor and torque master BRXL esc, talked to a few guys and they said it's a really good set up you can't go wrong with it. Also ordered a Super Shafty complete bomb proof transmission & 14t 32p pinion. Reason for the transmission, I spun the spur the other day on mine and it don't sound to healthy when you spend it by hand, so it justified getting a bomb proof to me lol.
In a few weeks I'm going to be looking into suspension and tiers probably.
Any ideas/ suggestions or input for someone just getting into crawling with a wraith will be appreciated!
A few pictures..

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Drewman; 05-21-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Drewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2014, 05:12 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Wraith Owner Build

Take a look and see what kind of axles it has in the front end. If it has a dogbone setup it could be binding from turning too sharp and causing the jumping. Lots off upgrade options for everything on the wraith.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #3

Ill take a look to night i dont believe thats it though, like i could be holding it full throttle and it would just stop and then take off or glitch for a minuet then take off or if i had the wheels turned with no throttle then gave it some it didnt always take off. But thanks for the tip.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Sounds to me like you need a BEC to power your servo. The brxl will most likely take care of that problem, as it has a better BEC. Most will tell you get a BEC anyway.
rknaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknaub View Post
Sounds to me like you need a BEC to power your servo. The brxl will most likely take care of that problem, as it has a better BEC. Most will tell you get a BEC anyway.
Ok thanks, i was doing some reading and started to come to that conclusion my self. Im running a Savox SA-1230.

New Wraith Owner Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Wraith owner Smokinthehippies Axial Wraith 60 01-02-2014 09:35 AM
Soon to be wraith owner.... ProfitOfDoom Axial Wraith 3 05-01-2013 06:54 AM
New wraith owner. puddin Axial Wraith 48 03-23-2013 06:06 PM
Another Wraith owner lowandslow Axial Wraith 6 02-13-2013 06:51 PM
new wraith owner ld markey Michigan 12 10-31-2011 06:04 PM