Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: How to get all these electronics into a wraith??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default How to get all these electronics into a wraith??

So I bought a wraith to swap my running gear into. I somehow have to get a brxl, castle bec, axial simple led controller, a 2200mah 3s and a 400mah 3s into this rig.

I'm thinking about ordering the front drop box, and rear drop box and cover. I'm hoping I can get my bec, reciever, and 2200mah lipo up front, and the axial led controller and smaller lighting lipo in the rear.

What is everybody else running for electronics setups
jtessmer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: How to get all these electronics into a wraith??

I managed to get a 3s 5000 lipo, 2 BECs, a winch controller, and 2 simple LED controllers all stuffed under the hood, oh and also the receiver. My mmp is in back.
rknaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Pic of mine, 3s battery, MMP esc, receiver, and BEC all under the hood.

SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you are only using a 2200 3s like I do it fits in the battery tray with a MMP beside it then the rest fits in between the shocks. Don't worry take your time and think it out. It will all fit. Even the 400
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

im thinking i may order one of the front and rear "tray" kits and the rear cover to keep everything covered. Im OCD and like clean installs, right now i just shoved my ESC and receiver in the back battery tray and I HATE how it looks.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknaub View Post
I managed to get a 3s 5000 lipo, 2 BECs, a winch controller, and 2 simple LED controllers all stuffed under the hood, oh and also the receiver. My mmp is in back.
This is the same setup I'm running. lol A lot stuffed under the hood (2 LED controllers, winch controller, BECs and battery. But, with my MMP in the rear battery tray I covered the ESC and made it look like a fuel cell. So it's not visible for a more scaled look.

I originally tried getting the MMP in the front with everything else but just no room, especially since it's such a large ESC. But compared to the battery it weighs nothing so just ran extension wires front to rear behind side panels. It's all clean looking.

Last edited by gforce; 07-22-2014 at 01:16 PM.
gforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

There are those standard front battery/electronics plates you can get from RPP and other places.

I went a step further and made an actual boxed section for the electronics.
I'm using a smaller soft-pack battery so I made the box a little smaller than I could have.

Full thread here - Silver Bullet.
offroadace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Front:
Electronic box, where only receivers.( I modify box, because i do own battery box ).
Battery box, where Lipo battery.
If future Led control < come electronic box.

Back:
ESC ( axial wraith own ESC cable length is sufficient to front ).
BEC and Bec you need extension cable..for example this >

Battery and ESC you need a short extension cable.
axsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I ordered boxes. My next issue is the simple
Led controller. I'm going to have to make a BEC Y harness so I can use my reciever to power my led setup
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtessmer88 View Post
I ordered boxes. My next issue is the simple
Led controller. I'm going to have to make a BEC Y harness so I can use my reciever to power my led setup
That should work.
If you want to control the LED's from the Tx ou'll need one of the HeyOK LED switch connectors to control the LED On/Off.
offroadace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

This is how I did mine, I do have a full set of "Da Boxes" on the way so some of this may change.

I made a battery tray and a firewall out of some $2 scrap plastic I got at my local Tap Plastics, the plastic I used is a bit thick but it's what they had at the time and I planned on going with the "Da Boxes" any ways so...

I made the battery tray so that it connected with the top of the forward brace so it didn't need to be bolted in so it comes out easily, after trimming down the interior I made a new firewall that just slides in place and made some holes in it to route wiring through.

I wanted my ESC up front for easy access and put the receiver in the back away from the battery and stuff.

My 3S 5000 fits in nice and snug, I have another piece of plastic with foam on it that I slide in with my thinner batteries to keep things in place.

On the plate I made for the back I built in a little shelf to take advantage of that little bit of space between the interior hump, that's where I put my lighting controller.

All the servo/ESC/BEC wires route down one side through the firewall and the power/sensor wires route down the other side, I had to use servo extension wires to reach the receiver, the nice thing is where they connect is under that small section of wiring loom, I just pop off that section of loom and I have access to the connectors for programming, I marked the connectors so I know which is which.

I like things nice and clean...!
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Here is how I have mine laid out:

Front:
Crawlspace "Da Box"
-Simple light controller
-Heyok 10A relay winch controller
-Spektrum SR410 receiver (still in case)
-3S 3300 softpack.
-TZi World Beefy Winch (mounted in the upper bumper support just above the steering servo & under the hood.)

Under the interior & on rear firewall I made from sheet aluminum: (See my wraith thread in my sig for photos)
-Tekin FXR
-CC Pro 20A BEC

In the rear Drop Box:
-Nothing but scale accessories.

The CC Pro BEC sits on the firewall tray I made, the ESC actually sits right over the tranny where a dig servo would go.
It all fits great!
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
This is how I did mine, I do have a full set of "Da Boxes" on the way so some of this may change.

I made a battery tray and a firewall out of some $2 scrap plastic I got at my local Tap Plastics, the plastic I used is a bit thick but it's what they had at the time and I planned on going with the "Da Boxes" any ways so...

I made the battery tray so that it connected with the top of the forward brace so it didn't need to be bolted in so it comes out easily, after trimming down the interior I made a new firewall that just slides in place and made some holes in it to route wiring through.

I wanted my ESC up front for easy access and put the receiver in the back away from the battery and stuff.

My 3S 5000 fits in nice and snug, I have another piece of plastic with foam on it that I slide in with my thinner batteries to keep things in place.

On the plate I made for the back I built in a little shelf to take advantage of that little bit of space between the interior hump, that's where I put my lighting controller.

All the servo/ESC/BEC wires route down one side through the firewall and the power/sensor wires route down the other side, I had to use servo extension wires to reach the receiver, the nice thing is where they connect is under that small section of wiring loom, I just pop off that section of loom and I have access to the connectors for programming, I marked the connectors so I know which is which.

I like things nice and clean...!
That's very nice and clean! I have a modified Radio Shack project box that seals all my electronics in up front, but I have some of that same plastic and am going to do something similar to your battery tray. How thick is your plastic and how did you bend it? Heat gun, hot water or?

Edit: I like the mounting tab with holes for hood srews too!

Last edited by Natedog; 07-23-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

How to get all these electronics into a wraith?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Electronics box The Crawl Space Chassis and Suspension 562 02-15-2021 12:18 PM
Wraith electronics help! doc Axial Wraith 3 02-15-2012 06:36 PM
electronics box for wraith couch Axial Wraith 22 12-20-2011 05:32 AM