Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Rear steer servo question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Rear steer servo question

Ive been toying with the idea of putting my wraith back to 4ws. I never thought about it before (and i don't know why) but should be running matched servos front and rear? I run a savox 1230sg up front for the monster torque and have it on a bec. I always just ran whatever else i had in the back. Not always strong enough to turn the wheels sitting still but would work fine when moving the least little bit.

My thought process on this was that since i wasn't running heavy weighted wheels or aluminum axles or really any weight in the rear that i wouldn't need a crazy torque servo for the rear.

My main questions were should i go with twin 1230sg's or is there something someone would recommend that would do fine. i was also wondering that if i do run another monster servo if i should run a separate bec fot it as well?

Thanks in advance
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
idk
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rear steer servo question

i alway run as much as i can afford in the rear. the rear is bouncing around alot and just keeping the wheels straight when your getting on the throttle takes some power. on my wraith i had a cs170 upfront and a jr servo in rear forget the model but it was 400 0z and it was perfect my frist rear servo was a airtronics 200 oz and it failed pretty fast
idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I've used as small as 135oz/in on the rear. But I catch your drift.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIRCC View Post
Ive been toying with the idea of putting my wraith back to 4ws. I never thought about it before (and i don't know why) but should be running matched servos front and rear? I run a savox 1230sg up front for the monster torque and have it on a bec. I always just ran whatever else i had in the back. Not always strong enough to turn the wheels sitting still but would work fine when moving the least little bit.

My thought process on this was that since i wasn't running heavy weighted wheels or aluminum axles or really any weight in the rear that i wouldn't need a crazy torque servo for the rear.

My main questions were should i go with twin 1230sg's or is there something someone would recommend that would do fine. i was also wondering that if i do run another monster servo if i should run a separate bec fot it as well?

Thanks in advance
I'm thinking the same thing on this right now I run that same servo and wanting rear steer
mikelshrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I went with a 400oz servo and another BEC. With 4WS the wraith is a blast Here is a old and then a new picture taken at a local G-6.
Attached Images

k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Rear steer servo question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo for rear steer XJkid93 Axial Wraith 1 09-28-2012 01:42 AM
!!!! servo !!!! rear Steer!!!!!!! TeamDeweyRacing Electronics 14 10-09-2007 07:06 PM
tlt-based rear steer servo question dreadshawn Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 01-18-2007 11:31 AM
Rear steer Question? run2jeepn General Crawlers 3 12-16-2005 03:27 PM
Rear Steer Question whuzzz_up_dogg Newbie General 3 12-13-2005 08:48 AM