Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith cleanup / maintenance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraith cleanup / maintenance

Hi Gang... so I've had my wraith for about 2 years now, bought it as a kit, ran for a year with stock electronics and last winter I swapped it out for a Mamba Max, sensored brushless and AX2 2 speed and love the setup...

As time goes on I see things loosening up, rusting etc... just curious what others do to clean/maintain their wraiths and in what frequencies...

Thanks in advance!
SynisteR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith cleanup / maintenance

An air compressor with a blow gun attachment goes a long way. I couldn't live without mine.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Sounds like a good time to do a rebuild/maintenance.

Rebuild diff's....clean out old grease and add fresh grease. Check bearings and replace as necessary (the bearing kits from Avid, Fast Eddie, etc are great to have on hand).

Rebuild the AX2.....clean out and apply fresh grease. Don't be afraid of it, the AX2 can use all that it can get in order to maintain smooth shifting action. Check bearings in there as well.

Before you go to reinstall, pick up a stainless hardware kit and reassemble the truck with that fresh hardware.

I usually go about 6 months to a year between rebuilds but I spend most of my time on dry rock. Mudder's and those in water frequently should do it more often.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Sounds like a good time to do a rebuild/maintenance.

Rebuild diff's....clean out old grease and add fresh grease. Check bearings and replace as necessary (the bearing kits from Avid, Fast Eddie, etc are great to have on hand).

Rebuild the AX2.....clean out and apply fresh grease. Don't be afraid of it, the AX2 can use all that it can get in order to maintain smooth shifting action. Check bearings in there as well.

Before you go to reinstall, pick up a stainless hardware kit and reassemble the truck with that fresh hardware.

I usually go about 6 months to a year between rebuilds but I spend most of my time on dry rock. Mudder's and those in water frequently should do it more often.
Thanks for the response!

Any recommendations on grease or things to look for? I agree, a rebuild is probably overdue just a little daunting... my RC collection grew by leaps and bounds last year... alot to maintain with a buy family...
SynisteR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I use Lucas Red and Tacky grease. But if you play in the water and mud, go with a marine grease.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith cleanup / maintenance - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to get for maintenance? Nate-ast Newbie General 14 01-12-2015 07:26 PM
maintenance? Hardline Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 10-21-2011 10:21 PM
Maintenance on wraith Francois Newbie General 6 10-07-2011 11:50 AM
Maintenance buysomerice Newbie General 1 07-31-2010 11:36 PM
maintenance QuicherKryan Newbie General 6 04-28-2009 09:19 AM