Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Best brushless combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Best brushless combo

I really like my 3500kv 540 puller , building a 2nd Wraith trying a roc 412 3100kv and Tekin RS GEN2
desertdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Here's the link to my thread on it.. My rig weight is unknown but I wouldn't think it's on the heavy side, tires are U4 I believe 5.5 tall and gearing I played with and now am at a 11T pinion. I've done what you suggested and yes it's better but it's not what I feel is a strong hold for crawling..
Trailmaster Pro Hold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechewmaster View Post
my stubby in my Sexo holds way better than that
Yeah we did get it to hold better then in video but it's not much. On that incline it would hold but if I tipped it up an inch it would start to roll.. I don't want to gear down more taking top speed but if that's what will get it to hold I may have too.
Do to surgery I haven't touched it but if John or anyone has an idea I'll do my best to test it..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Yeah we did get it to hold better then in video but it's not much. On that incline it would hold but if I tipped it up an inch it would start to roll.. I don't want to gear down more taking top speed but if that's what will get it to hold I may have too.
Do to surgery I haven't touched it but if John or anyone has an idea I'll do my best to test it..
Here's mine.

Standard Puller, 3s, 18k switching freq, 12/56 gears with underdrives in both diffs and 150% drag brake. May still not be enough hold for you, but I prefer a slow creep on inclines. Perhaps the Stubby just doesn't have what it takes compared to the Standard. Have you tried the "Holmes Hold" option? I've only tried it with my brushed setup and it doesn't fit my style but assuming it works just as well for brushless, that may work for you.

https://youtu.be/uEmdwz89wFk
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #24
RCC Addict

That's pretty good for 150%. Honestly this is my first wraith so I'm not sure how much hold I want but if I want a strong hold then I need it to work.
I'm playing with it now and first off after sitting for about 2 weeks I had to rebind? Why? But I took this and reset tx to factory default and binded and calibrated. On my bench it feels stronger, I will need to set up an incline to test but I'm feeling good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:35 PM   #25

I'm pretty sure Holmes Hold is on the brushed controller only.

I'm running brushless on the Trailmaster BLE Pro, and I've only seen settings for brake and drag brake.
Helicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicrawler View Post
I'm pretty sure Holmes Hold is on the brushed controller only.

I'm running brushless on the Trailmaster BLE Pro, and I've only seen settings for brake and drag brake.
Weird, I could have sworn that was an option but I just checked and you're right, it's not there.

Also need to correct the info above on my video, that's 110% drag brake, not 150%.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

FWIW, I'm running the same motor, gearing, and voltage as Hahns and at 30% drag brake I have the same slow creep on inclines as he does with 110% drag brake. The only difference is I'm running an MMP.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #28
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Hahns is running 18k frequency which reduces drag compared to lower frequency.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude View Post
I really like my 3500kv 540 puller , building a 2nd Wraith trying a roc 412 3100kv and Tekin RS GEN2
I'm new to this site but went with the roc412 and paired it with an Orion Pro r10 ESC, for my wraith spawn kit... I am running 56/12 and have overdrive 36/14 HD ring and pinions front and rear and it still holds! (@20% drag brake)

It would be awesome to see an unbiased shootout between the top 2 or 3 motor/ESC options and how they perform in key areas (including hold). Now that would be something of value for everyone.

Last edited by Mendoza; 06-03-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

I am going to pick up a puller pro BL 3500 (WP) to see the difference. Anyone know how the trailmaster BLE Pro (WP) ESC stacks up to tekin or Orion? Assuming it is fully programmable - do you need a PC for tuning etc? Also is the WAterproofing good enough to handle being fully submerged? Thanks
Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote

Best brushless combo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brushless combo drkuhar Electronics 0 12-05-2012 08:00 PM
novak goat brushless combo or rooster brushed combo? killerklod007 Electronics 6 04-08-2009 08:35 AM
Best Brushless combo savyxer Electronics 26 08-26-2006 09:43 AM