Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: How much weight per tire for my spawn?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2016, 04:52 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default How much weight per tire for my spawn?

Just curious if any one has any recomendations for my spawn. Here's a quick list of where the trucks at. Hh torque master pro 35t, sidewinder 3esc, and for servo running a hitech hs7950th on a castle bec. Much more in it but figured these were the most important for my drivetrain for advise. I ran 7oz per in my scx10 fronts and 4oz in the rears and am very pleased. But with this truck I'm not sure how much to try. Tires I have are either maxxis trepador r35 2.2s or rc4wd mud basher 2.2s. The trepadors are on it 90% of the time. Thanks for any info guys. Also battery has been relocted to the front.
Betts818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: How much weight per tire for my spawn?

None. Knuckle weight is lower to the ground and doesn't hinder your throttle response. Plus without the heavy wheels spinning you'll break less parts.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 05-28-2016 at 11:35 AM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Not too concerned with parts breaking a whole lot. Did my best to try and bullet proof this thing. Has aluminum chubs,knuckles,diff locker on both axles,hd bevel gears both axles, and other upgrades. Is there anyway you can explain knuckle weight? Sorry for the noobish question but still learning. I though tire weight was the way to go but if there's better options I am 100% willing to try them out.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
RCC Addict

none...get brass or steel tubes for your axles. Stronger housing, more weight down low. TJ RC products or Beef Tubes both make wraith ones. Oh and underdriving the rear will help keep that front end down too
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Agreed with the above statements. However, if you're bound and determined to run wheel weights I'll chime in my 2 cents. I do run wheel weights on my Wraith comp rig and here is what I have setup in my rig. I run 8 oz each up front and 4 oz each out back. It's heavy, my rig weighs 11 lbs total. Lots of metal and aluminum parts, but its a low speed crawler only. NO high speed runs at all, I'm running droop suspension, brushless system with 5:8.1 gear ratio. It all depends what you use your rig for mostly. Start off light, maybe 3 oz each up front and nothing in the back and go from there. suspension tuning, tire and foam combo, gear ratio is key to a good crawler. If you want the best of both worlds, don't add any weights. Hope this helps.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thank you for the info. My rig is only for crawling and trailing. Nothing over 8mph. Tires are r35 trepadors. Foams are crawler innovation soft fronts and firm rears. All in all its not bad but there's a few spots I have a high cog where we trail but not a ton.

How much weight per tire for my spawn? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spawn spare tire holder bhmike Axial Wraith 3 03-01-2015 01:28 PM
Tire Weight? tyerfryersc Tamiya Clod Buster 7 01-16-2009 10:52 PM
How much weight per tire? Flatty Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 07-26-2008 04:32 AM
tire weight intenseoffroad Tamiya Clod Buster 6 03-29-2008 09:11 AM
tire weight Azcats1 Tires and Wheels 35 09-06-2007 10:43 PM