Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial wraith- bigger rubbers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2020, 08:43 PM   #1

Default Axial wraith- bigger rubbers

Looking to bump up my tire size a little bit. I’ve seen the swamper Xl, but any other options?
Tdfabworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial wraith- bigger rubbers

2.2 Hyrax is like 6" in diameter
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Duratrax 2.2
nersik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Jconcepts Ruptures, Jconcepts Scorpios, and Duratrax Deepwoods are all taller than any of the Proline offerings. I've run the TSL SX XL's and was generally satisfied, more so with some lug trimming. The Hyrax were better box stock, but not as good as the cut TSL's. I currently have Jconcepts Ruptures with shaved sidewalls and they work pretty good, but I would not say that traction is any better than the cut TSL's, but the extra height is noticed. In all honesty, I liked the Duratrax Deepwoods the best out of the bunch, the tread pattern has the best of both worlds (for me) with a small/tight pattern down the center (the main benefit of the Hyrax) while having an open lugged outer tread (like my cut TSL's) and they're a tiny bit taller (1/8" using the same foams in all of the tires) than all the others. Sidehill stability is better than the Ruptures. The Duratrax compound seems to land somewhere between Proline's G8 and Predator compounds. It doesn't hurt that the Duratrax tires are cheaper than the rest either, but I'd budget for firmer/dual stage foams no matter which tire you decide on since the included foams will let your tires wad up into little balls.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #5

I just bought a set of the Duratrax 2.2 Deepwoods they impressed me a lot. If your looking for something to use for crawling i highly recommend these they do ok in sand,dirt and mud too, but they really excel crawling so soft and sticky. They are 5.9" tall and roughly 2" wide. The only thing i would say is i bought the pre mounted ones and if you have a powerful motor you will probably strip the hexes after awhile. Im running a wraith on with 3s 3800kv brush less so far they are holding up but i can already see that eventually they will strip. Also be careful if you lock tight your tires on the wheel nut is way down in a little hole so it makes it difficult to get heat on it to break the lock tight off easy so dont use much i learned this the hard way
kushboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial wraith- bigger rubbers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
making a wraith bigger? ben10 Axial Wraith 13 10-10-2014 04:12 PM
Axial escalade- Bigger than KISS dolphenwulf Scale Videos! 0 02-04-2013 01:01 PM
Losi new rubbers? Creepy Inc. Newbie General 6 01-03-2009 03:19 PM
TLT with big rubbers Jeepernick Tamiya TLT Crawlers 48 12-16-2006 07:06 PM