Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith 2.2 good for comp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Wraith 2.2 good for comp?

Wraith 2.2 as a comp crawler?

I just got a Wraith 2.2 with a Novak Crusher ESC and brushless motor setup. I don't think I like that ESC motor compo but that's an easy change. Front shocks need to be checked into, but that's another easy change. They probably just need oil. Is there a dig option, if there is, how do I know I have the right transmission?

BUT:

It seems like I'm going to have to run big tires on that because of the size of the pumpkins and the break over angle. The approach and departure angle are good. I would like it to ride lower with longer travel shocks and was wondering if anybody makes any sort of transmission mount that will allow me to mount the trans higher. I know this kind of goes against low Center gravity but I think I have to move that transmission and motor up.

At this point I'm not sure if this is a good choice to build out for comp vehicle. Has anybody done it? How is it working out?

Last edited by MOguy; 06-19-2020 at 07:25 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith 2.2 good for comp?

i think it would fall under the class3 scale comp class rules
your transmission housing can be set up with ether a 2 speed or a dig you just have to buy the right parts
there is a tummy tuck mod you can do but if you dont lower the rig it throws your suspention geomitry off even more than it already is you can run in droop and dont need to change your shocks
i realy like the 5.75 inch tall tires
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:17 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i think it would fall under the class3 scale comp class rules
your transmission housing can be set up with ether a 2 speed or a dig you just have to buy the right parts
there is a tummy tuck mod you can do but if you dont lower the rig it throws your suspention geomitry off even more than it already is you can run in droop and dont need to change your shocks
i realy like the 5.75 inch tall tires
I have been playing around with this thing for a few days and come to the conclusion it will never make it as a rock crawler comp vehicle.

I while be setting it up for rock bouncing and bashing.

I still have to change the shocks. I can't get them apart and after trying they are leaking. The only way the front ones have any shock ability is to crank the preload rings almost all the way down.

The torque twist is unbelievable. I had to crank the rear right preload ring almost all the way down and the left side only about 1/3 of the way down.

it is drivable and allot of fun but I know I can get it better.

Also the Crusher ESC doesn't over much in the way of programmability and the 21.5 motor isn't fast enough.

I am going to make it fast and as stable as possible.

Last edited by MOguy; 06-22-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

its a vary capable scaler when set up right it will comp as well as any other class 3 comp scaler
its not gona keep up with a 2.2 pro moa or a 2.2 sporty comp rig no scale rig will
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
its a vary capable scaler when set up right it will comp as well as any other class 3 comp scaler
its not gona keep up with a 2.2 pro moa or a 2.2 sporty comp rig no scale rig will
I spent some more time with it and been to another comp. I think I will set the Wraith up for trail. I want to comp in the more scaler classes, I am already working on something for that. The Wraith 2.2 is just too big for what I want as a crawler.

The body is just too wide and the diffs are just too big.

Last edited by MOguy; 06-29-2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:54 PM   #6

Quote:
there is a tummy tuck mod you can do
Do you have some more info for the tummy tuck mod?
AzBorn928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith 2.2 good for comp? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's a good ESC and good servo for my wraith without having to have BEC? Traveazy Axial Wraith 18 05-24-2014 09:06 PM
Would this be good for comp course? Tydl Florida 67 04-21-2013 06:34 PM
good comp wb? cammok5 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 01-22-2011 11:03 PM