Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Vertec's XR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=

now tell me where to get that... shipping international online shop???

been waiting for this for a long time!!! [/QUOTE]

Ordered straight from novak site
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Ordered straight from novak site
cannot.. thats the problem...

im way far than USA & Canada.. GMT +8hrs.. I'm actually at 11:39pm now as at typing this!
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Get her goin want to see the jp hellstorm chassis and m2 in action u know only hour away cant wait till Monday to see it in action we won't get nothing done at work
nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #44
Sometimes, I make things.

I just did some reading on this ESC, it sounds like a really cool speedo, it might be what I end up going with for my xr. I am curious to see how you like it.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I just did some reading on this ESC, it sounds like a really cool speedo, it might be what I end up going with for my xr. I am curious to see how you like it.
Really good Sofar! Simple to set up just hold the set up button down when you turn it on and let go when lite turns red then just pull then push trigger then push dig buttons the lights tell you when it has took your settings done!

The dig is off and on just as fast as you push the switch! Not had a punk dig before so I can't compare it to something like that but it seems to work great!

Now I'm going set down and see how to use the proportional dig mode.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #46

It will produce both front and rear dig right? Also sounds like you may be able to use the proportioning for freewheel and braking to each motor too. I am not very experienced with electronics so something simple will be perfect for me. Also less things to mount up and wire for me the better, I want to make my xr look clean. I don't really want to drop a lot of coin on a radio either. 3s is plenty of power too, more would be fun but with the xr's rep for busting gears so far I wouldn't be too willing to go above 3s anyways. The PC programming is great, I really like that on my Castle esc's, if this speedo didn't have it I wouldn't bother with it, nice work Novak.

I wonder if it would cause any problems with my forward and reverse wound Br00d LE motors.....?

Last edited by crazyorigin; 10-29-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It will produce both front and rear dig right? Also sounds like you may be able to use the proportioning for freewheel and braking to each motor too. I am not very experienced with electronics so something simple will be perfect for me. Also less things to mount up and wire for me the better, I want to make my xr look clean. I don't really want to drop a lot of coin on a radio either. 3s is plenty of power too, more would be fun but with the xr's rep for busting gears so far I wouldn't be too willing to go above 3s anyways. The PC programming is great, I really like that on my Castle esc's, if this speedo didn't have it I wouldn't bother with it, nice work Novak.

I wonder if it would cause any problems with my forward and reverse wound Br00d LE motors.....?
Yes front and rear dig.

You can adjust most everything with the one set button not sure if you really need the pc link.

Should work fine with your motors i had to wire one backwards from the other you should be able to wire your the same as each other.

The way they have it set up i can just tap the F button(dx3r radio) to go in and out rear dig very quick and easy
Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

First of, the rig is tits dude. Second I wanted that M2 soooooo bad, but couldnt wait any longer. Got a Punkdig, grabbed the good ol cc sidewinder and I was in buisness.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
First of, the rig is tits dude. Second I wanted that M2 soooooo bad, but couldnt wait any longer. Got a Punkdig, grabbed the good ol cc sidewinder and I was in buisness.
Thanks!

I was waiting on some other things as well or i would have went ahead a got something else also if this wasn't going to be out soon.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

How much does the M2 wiegh. I might go with it in the future to reduce wieght.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom View Post
Get her goin want to see the jp hellstorm chassis and m2 in action u know only hour away cant wait till Monday to see it in action we won't get nothing done at work
This thing has been a blast sofar and nothing broke yet! We will have to see what it does on the test rocks at work

Be sure and bring yours in to work i can't wait to see those panels in person they look sweet in the pics
Old 10-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #52

Cool, that's good to hear. Stopped by the LHS (kinda local anyways) and ordered a dx3e and an M2, the m2 won't be in till Nov but I won't have it done for a few weeks anyways, so it will work out nicely.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Now that i've got to run this alittle i notice that my front shock preload adjuster(I have my shocks inverted) keep getting rubbed by the tires at full turn and making them turn alot. It will run them half way up the shock.

I still have the plastic stock ones on and i wonder if changing them out to the aluminum ones would stop them from getting turned from the tire?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Cool, that's good to hear. Stopped by the LHS (kinda local anyways) and ordered a dx3e and an M2, the m2 won't be in till Nov but I won't have it done for a few weeks anyways, so it will work out nicely.
Sounds great! Got mine from novak and i would think your lhs should be getting it anytime now?!

yhea its taking me awhile to get things going on mine also! Now im just waiting on some skinz to get my body finished!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #55

I am thinking of ordering some skins too as the last body I painted (only my 2nd) came out so badly I am embarassed about it, good thing its just gonna get trashed on my Slash anyways. The skins are imprrssive that I have seen, looks like a classy way to do a nice and simple paintjob.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

can you shoot a vid of the m2 working???
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #57
Rock Stacker

Your m2 sounds like the stuff guess i will go ahead and order one and everything else i need to get the xr going.Drive me crazy seeing yours up and going.
nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
can you shoot a vid of the m2 working???
I will give it a try, the only thing I have to do it with is my phone. Won't be tonight gone out of town for a Halloween party
Old 10-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I am thinking of ordering some skins too as the last body I painted (only my 2nd) came out so badly I am embarassed about it, good thing its just gonna get trashed on my Slash anyways. The skins are imprrssive that I have seen, looks like a classy way to do a nice and simple paintjob.
You may want to go ahead and get one ordered. I ordered mine back on the 5th and still not ready but he told me before I ordered that it was going to be awhile!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Took out at lunch 2day to try it on a rock or two and thought we would try this one for kicks and was able to get up on it but I think the rear is to heavy had a hard time dragging it up some stuff. I have a full wrap around each rear. How much are you guys running on the rear?
Here is a link to a quick video on one of the rocks. How do you put video on the page?
learing to dig
Photobucket

Last edited by Vertec; 11-01-2010 at 05:32 PM.