Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Vertec's XR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vertec's XR10

This is going to be more of a learn as i go thread, being that this is my 1st moa and still kind of new to crawling.

I'll post up what i have and still need. Please jump in at anytime with thoughts and suggestions!

Have:
Dx3r
2x Novak 55t
HiTec 7950th
Boss claws/Rovers

Need:
esc-looking at Novak M2
3s batterys
bec-mine not working

Going to change wheels to a smaller size later

Going to run the stock chassis for now just wanted to change out the links. When i started looking at colors of links i had to go with green! This is my 1st Axial and green has always been the color that you think of when you hear the name Axial!

Here are some pics of where im at as of now:(sorry phone pics)

Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks great!! Those bent lower links are killer. Picking mine up later today and ordering up the 4PKS radio.
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Vertec.. that's a nice one. creative on the bent link!!
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Very nice details! Your rear links look like they might hang your motor out there to grab rocks. Many curved links have a tighter radius at the top, then curve the other direction at the motor to put it behind the arc. You'll just have to try it and see.

Impressive shots for a camera pnone.

Last edited by Harvo; 10-02-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Sweet I agree like those rear bent links and the front lower links looked to be bent more than stock also.All the green looks killer, also like how chassis is tilted up in rear for more clearance.Have xr10 cant decide which route to go loving all these builds.
nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Love the green!
Robbs2001tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

holy bent links. Those are so boss Keeps those links out of the rocks for sure. Very nice rig.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Loving the links like everyone else i use a dx3r and mamba max (not pro) and run 40t ckrc twisters and it runs warm with 3s lipo but never where i cant hold my finger on it without burning me!

So may help ya plus take those rubber bushing things out the top of the shock and find the shock setup rack with extra shock pieces and find the plastic swivle balls and put the flat side on the outside where u put the nut on and it frees up the shock movement alot!!!

What bender did u use to bend those link also?? lol
junior ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys for looking and for the remarks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Very nice details! Your rear links look like they might hang your motor out there to grab rocks. Many curved links have a tighter radius at the top, then curve the other direction at the motor to put it behind the arc. You'll just have to try it and see.

Impressive shots for a camera pnone.
I didn't have motors when i bent these and still need to mount them. I'll post pics up when i do. May have to do some more with a back bend at bottom? Thanks for the tip!

What part of TN you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom View Post
Sweet I agree like those rear bent links and the front lower links looked to be bent more than stock also.All the green looks killer, also like how chassis is tilted up in rear for more clearance.Have xr10 cant decide which route to go loving all these builds.
The lhs was out of bent links so i got some straight one for the front and wanted the bent alittle more to the center and alittle higher bend then stock bent links. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior ax10 View Post
Loving the links like everyone else i use a dx3r and mamba max (not pro) and run 40t ckrc twisters and it runs warm with 3s lipo but never where i cant hold my finger on it without burning me!

So may help ya plus take those rubber bushing things out the top of the shock and find the shock setup rack with extra shock pieces and find the plastic swivle balls and put the flat side on the outside where u put the nut on and it frees up the shock movement alot!!!

Thanks! for the tip on upper shock bushings. I'll give it a try. Going to flip shocks also!

I'll try and get you a name/part# on bender and pic.

Last edited by Vertec; 10-02-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Chattanooga. Come over some time... we have a pretty big crawling scene out this way.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Chattanooga. Come over some time... we have a pretty big crawling scene out this way.
Thanks for the invite! Need to get down there so you can show me how to drive this thing not much crawling around here that I know of. Thanks again!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

which wheels are those ?
kalifkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifkid View Post
which wheels are those ?
They are some axial rocksters that I already had. They where chrome but I took it off and dyed them black then added the green rings.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #14

Looks good
Ax10xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior ax10 View Post

The box that the bender was in says K&S stock #322 hope that helps!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Getting ready to order the novak m2 esc. Do you guys think this a good choice? I know nobody has run one yet but going off of there specs. Thanks!

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/m2/index.html

Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Getting ready to order the novak m2 esc. Do you guys think this a good choice? I know nobody has run one yet but going off of there specs. Thanks!

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/m2/index.html

I personally would not run this because it's so big. You're limited on where to put it. 2 ESC's or 1 ESC with a dig unit gives you more placement options. When I say ESC I'm thinking of an FXR, small footprint and they just plain work great.

Look how it's mounted on their XR10 on the web. Sticking up vertical with the top sitting higher than the side plates on the chassis.

Last edited by dpdsurf; 10-04-2010 at 07:54 PM.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Not planning on running the stock plate going to make something like some of the others have done should be able to lay it down. Do you still think it will eat up to much space? I've not done any measuring yet
Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I'm sure you can make it work. I'm just saying for me I like options. I may want to change something else down the road. For example I run dual FXR's and have considered placing one on each axle to reduce the amount of wire and get their weight even lower. Or I might try a different chassis some day and the big Novak may not be a good fit? The upside to the Novak is having it all in a bundle for user convenience. And the mixing functions if you're using a radio like the DX3R. Please don't let me detour you if you like it. I'm just giving you things to consider.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Or you can run twin mamba micro pro. If you dont like fxr's (i dont) there very small and work great.
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote