Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: VP wheel choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I still like .7s in front to keep the tire out of the links and shocks more...
dragrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragrcr View Post
I still like .7s in front to keep the tire out of the links and shocks more...
I don't like what .7's do to my tire profile and I am not happy with the thinner foam that is needed. I still think the 1" perform better.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I use a full proline memory in mine, I like it, guess it's a personal pfreference, I have 1s in the rear.
dragrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default mmmmm

I ordered all 1.0's. I was going to order .7's, 2 of them for the front or rear...I don’t know. I don’t understand all the way still. I need these parts in front of me to get a feel for the offsets duty and the widths duty...hahahaha i said duty...twice

anyhoo - I just hope they are neat-o looking. I bought dark souls for my SCX10 TR. I love them, I took them apart and polished the hell out of them. I will probably polish out the inners on these SLWs just because I am a tool like that. I like shinny crap, like a raven.

so - the site is pretty clear about adding weight to SLWs. can anyone speak to the validity of this point? Are they that fragile (Italian for cool) I just want to add a few hundred pounds is all J
avoidsthelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #25
20K Club

I add about 4 oz of lead around each front wheel. Comes out to be 1 full wrap and then another oz spread around equally. It's really easy.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

quick question about the VP wheels. right now I'm running stock XR wheels w/Sedonas, the turning radius is really restricted with this setup. I also have some HPI Grabbers mounted on Axail rockstar wheels and the turning radius is really good. I want to pick up a set of .7 SLW's and mount the Sedona up on them. My question is what offset should i use to maximize turning radius without making the front end too long?
-NB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #27
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler B View Post
quick question about the VP wheels. right now I'm running stock XR wheels w/Sedonas, the turning radius is really restricted with this setup. I also have some HPI Grabbers mounted on Axail rockstar wheels and the turning radius is really good. I want to pick up a set of .7 SLW's and mount the Sedona up on them. My question is what offset should i use to maximize turning radius without making the front end too long?
I run 475's on my 1" wheels. I think you could run 350's on .7 wheels without getting into the springs too much. However, some people are running 225s and say it works for them, but I didn't like 225's in the front.
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I won a pair of DH Pro Comps and a pair of 1" SLW's as a door prize. Pretty cool; but now I need Hubs and have a couple questions. First are the DH and SLW hubs interchangeable? and Second (of course) Which Hubs for the Pro Comps. I'm planning on Running 350's on the SLW's in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjackson0926 View Post
I run 475's on my 1" wheels. I think you could run 350's on .7 wheels without getting into the springs too much. However, some people are running 225s and say it works for them, but I didn't like 225's in the front.

How wide is your front track?
MystRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #29
RCC Addict

335's are the narrowest DH hubs and stock width from what I could tell. 585's are way too wide and I don't think I'd run 460's either.

Haven't got my SLW's in yet, but what I saw on the VP site showed either 475 or 600 being the right hub to match the 335/DH combo in the front with stock stagger. I got 600's and am starting to wonder if I need to order another set of hubs.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:08 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Im running slw's .7 225 hubs on sedonas... I did have to move my shocks inboard of the shock mounts... And I modified the nuckles so i have more than tons of steering...
losichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

im running the 350 hubs on my SSZ's like harley has and i think its the perfect mix of not being too wide up front but also allowing me to keep things in stock locations and avoid the shocks binding on the tranny and such. i have ordered a set of 600 hubs for the rear in hopes of getting the front and rear closer to the same width. right now with rovers on the .8" SSZ's my front width from outside to outside is right at 11"
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote