Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Bikeboy's XR10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwatts View Post
They are saying to move links A in your pic. You might be able to simply move them back a few holes on your chassis and it should be fine. If not, then you will need to shorten them a bit. I had to do the same thing on mine and I was able to just move them back some holes on the chassis. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
x2 You have your chubs clocked back as far as they will go, but you need to shorten the upper links to rotate the entire axle back. What this does as well as helping clear the servo horn is to improve your breakover steering. I know some guys will notch out the slot on the chubs to clock them back even further (which I may find myself doing).

So, first thing would be to see if you can move the upper link mount on the chassis further back. Start there. If not, then you need to shorten the rod ends or the links altogether. If that doesn't work, depending on your WB, you could lengthen the lowers too. Same effect, just depends on where your WB is sitting.
What they said.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

ok going to move the rod ends on the chasis first and show you guys
bikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

update photos
move the link to the farthest possible on the chasis
looks better
what do you all think?
Will this do?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

That's how mine are but I am one set of holes up higher. That should be fine. Run it and see if the servo horn catches on anything. If it does you may have to shorten the links just a little but I think you will be ok like you have it.
Jwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

OK, you've got the right idea. I'd still like to see where your caster angle is at ride height, though. Settle it at ride height, with one of the front wheels off, and see the angle of your knuckle. You want a pretty good "lean" to it. Like this:

Jeepkids UGC ViPer10

Not my rig, but a good example of the caster angle you'd like to see.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:29 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
OK, you've got the right idea. I'd still like to see where your caster angle is at ride height, though. Settle it at ride height, with one of the front wheels off, and see the angle of your knuckle. You want a pretty good "lean" to it. Like this:

Jeepkids UGC ViPer10

Not my rig, but a good example of the caster angle you'd like to see.
i've notice a lot of rigs with a large caster angle like the pic you referenced. could you explain the advantages of that much angle? i'm still pretty new to rock crawling but have a lot of years in rc so i know how to set up other rigs. working on my xr10 now and trying to learn as much as i can from these forums.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
i've notice a lot of rigs with a large caster angle like the pic you referenced. could you explain the advantages of that much angle? i'm still pretty new to rock crawling but have a lot of years in rc so i know how to set up other rigs. working on my xr10 now and trying to learn as much as i can from these forums.
It has to do with climbing over an object. Because of the angle, it helps the front end grab better and pull. You almost have to do it and see it to get the idea.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Zjguy721
here ya go
how does it look?

Bikeboy

jeepkid

Tags
beginner, build, parts, xr10