Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: --> zjguy721 and son BJV4 XR10 build <--

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Thanks for posting up in here Jeremy. I think us MiRCa guys gave these two the bug. Looking real good guys and nice choice on all the upgrades. Hope to see you guys out at our next outdoor event

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
I think us MiRCa guys gave these two the bug.
Gee, what gave it away?

We are planning on being at Twisted on the 17th, not sure if you are there or at ECC, but we will be trying to get to some of the outdoor dates for sure.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Cool man, you will have a great time at Camp Twisted they put on great comps. I will be at ECC that weekend, but I'm sure I'll see you guys soon after that. Good luck at Camp Twisted and when the boy drives just let him drive I think we both figured that out last time

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

The only thing I have to get him used to is using the dig. Then its just getting him time with it. When you considere last time was his first time with a 2.2 ever, I'm thinking he'll do just fine!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Great build thread!!! I like the fact that your son is into it as well. Mine ran my ax10 when i first got it out in the yard for like 2 seconds and said "here dad. I'm going to play my xbox." he showed no interest in it at all. Nice looking rigs you two are building together!!
Jwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

OK, got a little more done tonight on Zack's rig. I'm waiting on rings for his wheels, so I put mine on just to mock things up. Basically the same setup, except he has Boss Claws. I took a ring out of my DHIIs, but I left his full width for the Claws, so it will add a little more weight at the end.

Stance

Having an issue with binding here. Not quite sure how to combat this without going to a different, straighter lower link. Narrower shock, going with mini springs, not sure yet.

I'm still planning on flipping the servo and adding a Jato/Revo steering link. I have all the rest of the VP goodies going on later, probably next week.

Butt shot

Crappy focus/lighting job on this one, but shows the flex (and the Boss Claws that will be on this rig once I get the rings)

Weight as she sits. Only difference will be different tires, the extra ring in the front wheel, and body panels, so I'm assuming I'll be right about 6 lbs. I'd be happy with that.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:16 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

that is the same concern i have. i just ordered the same CI links (arriving today) and i'm sure i'll be dealing with the same issue. i was trying to see if there are any angled rod ends that might lower the front edge of the link enough to provide the clearance needed. otherwise clocking the axle would clear it up but that might put the servo too far into harms way.

anyone out there know of revo/jato quality angled rod ends? maybe i can heat and bend the rod ends?
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Looks good!!! You guys are gonna have a riot at Camp Twisted next weekend.

What if you used a little bit longer rod end on the shock, to help your binding issue in the front?
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

I got the binding issue resolved. I had one Jato and one Revo rod end on the link, so I just swapped them and then bent the axle side one (I think the Jato one is the longer one). Works just fine now.

Got mine as a roller now, just have to get the electronics in and play with the shocks. Pics later.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

OK, got mine just about done. Just have to do a steering linkage and a drag link, probably mess with the shocks, and get the electronics tuned in and we're in business!

Got Zack's body panels done. Just waiting for the rings to come for the wheels and we'll be rolling.

Hopefully it will all be ready to roll for this Sunday.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

It was nice to meet you and your son the other day. i really like your rig(s) a lot. I went straight home and re-did my whole suspension set up after all of the good advice we were given . Hope to see you guys again someday soon!
superduty03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty03 View Post
It was nice to meet you and your son the other day. i really like your rig(s) a lot. I went straight home and re-did my whole suspension set up after all of the good advice we were given . Hope to see you guys again someday soon!
Yeah, I have my laundry list of things I want to change too. That's the way it is. I think I have too much roll in my suspension, I did when I built it, but I wasn't going to change it at that point. I really should have driven Zack's one round and let him use mine just to see what his shock setup felt like. I limited his shocks to 4" with the Losi gold springs. I think if the weather holds out we'll take them out this weekend somewhere.

Good meeting you too! I'm sure we'll be seeing you around.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Omg that must have been expensive to double up on everything, I hope your boy realizes that his dad is 110% total badassness for all the stuff he got him lol! Thats aweosme man and both rigs look amazing! Nicely done x2! Cant wait till my boy gets old enough to know what this hobby is all about!
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
I think if the weather holds out we'll take them out this weekend somewhere.
The mall over off of Lee rd has a good section of rocks, right below the water tower, behind Jonny Corinos. The park on the river over in Dexter is real good too, all else fails go to Larrys.....Or start collecting rocks and make a home course. You guys have the rigs, now you just need some trigger time.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Thanks Jeff. It's funny, I'm always on the lookout for rocks now! There is a big pile over kitty corner to where CSA is in Brighton. Orndorf Drive, behind the skate park, by what used to be the Brighton Ford collision place (not sure if it is still that or something else).

Oh, and yes, a rock course is already started, but I'm sure will be expanding a lot over the summer.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Omg that must have been expensive to double up on everything, I hope your boy realizes that his dad is 110% total badassness for all the stuff he got him lol! Thats aweosme man and both rigs look amazing! Nicely done x2! Cant wait till my boy gets old enough to know what this hobby is all about!

Thanks. It's fun to do things with him, and start letting him do some of the builds. I have to really let myself let him do it though, I'm so used to doing everything.

And I make it a point to NOT tell him how much $ I have in these things. Otherwise, Mom would find out and it would be my ass! He knows its a lot, but at 9, he doesn't really grasp it yet anyway.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

Awsome looking XR V4's man good job i love the son and father build!! I cant wait till my son is bigger so we can do this together!! hes only 9 months old i have a ways to go but heres my XR with the cheep pannels i made out of energy drink cans!!
***** five star Thread for sure!!!

newmexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Well, it's been a while since I posted in here. Got the new shocks on my XR, really lowered the stance, and I like the way it handles a lot better. Still can't keep a bead on one of Zack's front tires, not sure what else to do there.

We decided to build a little ramp to add to the rockpile out of left over boards from the deck. Turned out pretty good, just hard to keep the rocks steady. We'll figure out the rest later, maybe a little liquid nails once I get the pattern I like.

The steep side. And yes, these are all poser shots after the batteries were dead.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

couple of nice looking father and son rigs there....enjoyed your thread
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote