Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Popular/affordable tires for an XR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Sure is! Just look close to make sure you order the (WD) White Dot, if you order Rover's. Then you can pick what foams you want for front and rear.
What foams would I want for front & rear??
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post

Pro-Line 2 stage foams seem to be a pretty good middle of the road choice for rovers or sedonas. Some guys like the Crawler innovations DD foams, some guys just use the foams that come with the tire.

The funny thing about this site, is that it's so spread out all over the globe and five different people give five different answers. your best bet may be to see what everyone is using in your area.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I currently have the Rovers setup with Crawler Innovations DD foams, firm inners with med outers for the rear and soft outers for the front. This setup seems to work really well but I have limited experience with other foams so I just know what works for me.
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
Pro-Line 2 stage foams seem to be a pretty good middle of the road choice for rovers or sedonas. Some guys like the Crawler innovations DD foams, some guys just use the foams that come with the tire.

The funny thing about this site, is that it's so spread out all over the globe and five different people give five different answers. your best bet may be to see what everyone is using in your area.

Just looking on another site.... are either of these the right ones? Or wrong foams?

Hot Bodies 2.2 ROVER CRAWLING TIRE Medium
Hot Bodies 2.2 ROVER CRAWLING TIRE Soft (2)
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian195 View Post
I'm a noob also. I had one run with my losi boss claws and memory foam, they did ok. Then borrowed a set of losi comp claws I believe (they were a pin type tread). WOW. Huge difference. Way more traction. I am now the proud owner of a set of HB rovers white dot.
Did you mean all the above, or get confused? You started with boss claws (which ARE a pin tire) borrowed comp claws which you said were pin tires (but aren't) and liked them so much that you bought Rovers. That's what you're saying, right?

On subject, Rover whites are the absolute best choice for anyone who has to ask, because you just mount them and drive. Losi Boss Claws are favored by many top guys, but they get all tied up in fancy tread modifications and special foams etc. And after doing all that, the BC's and Rovers are still about equally competitive. When the last 1% matters to you, time to get serious about the choice.

Last edited by Hardline; 11-27-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

the foams are right because they come with them. you want the soft tires.
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler23 View Post
the foams are right because they come with them. you want the soft tires.
thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
I cant answer that. It may depend on your wheels width, rig weight ect. Maybe call in your order and ask questions and give all your rig info.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

BCs or HB rovers! Those are my two favorites
MitchellY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just looking on another site.... are either of these the right ones? Or wrong foams?

Hot Bodies 2.2 ROVER CRAWLING TIRE Medium
Hot Bodies 2.2 ROVER CRAWLING TIRE Soft (2)

I was talking about these foams. You want the white dot rover tires, but it looks like RPP is calling them "medium".

Pro-Line 2.2" Oversized 2-Stage Crawling Memory Foam (2)

Last edited by BLKXJ 96; 11-27-2011 at 10:06 PM.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I ordered the 'soft' :( will they still be ok?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I ordered the 'soft' :( will they still be ok?
If you're referring to Rovers, those are probably red. You can always find someone saying such and such is best, but most people use whites. If reds were clearly a better performing tire than whites, more people would be using them. My guess is the reds will work fine but wear out a little quicker.

On your foams, the bottoms of the front tires should flatten noticeably when sitting on a flat hard surface. You normally use a harder foam in back than front because so much (sometimes all) weight transfers back in a steep climb.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
If you're referring to Rovers, those are probably red. You can always find someone saying such and such is best, but most people use whites. If reds were clearly a better performing tire than whites, more people would be using them. My guess is the reds will work fine but wear out a little quicker.

On your foams, the bottoms of the front tires should flatten noticeably when sitting on a flat hard surface. You normally use a harder foam in back than front because so much (sometimes all) weight transfers back in a steep climb.
thanks, got the orders switch to medium... so much to learn
Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

this may sound odd but i have recently started running rovers in the front and boss claws in the rear and i really like it. at my last comp i was making lines easily that others were struggling with. the thing with the foams is test and tune. i perfer super soft in the front so that i can really hook onto the ledges and stuff and pretty firm in the rear. the only thing with really soft in the front and if you use the stock foams you will see this too is that side hilling is a bit tough. the tire just seems to roll over on its self. well good luck with your new rovers and keep them clean with some simple green it keeps them nice and sticky just an fyi.

Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

I think the Rovers may be slightly taller than the BC's. So that mix would give you some natural overdrive in front -- generally thought to be a good thing.