RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Del Monte's Secret Agent build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/382281-del-montes-secret-agent-build.html)

roglum 05-19-2012 10:16 PM

Re: Del Monte's Secret Agent build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3740118)
Well.. the truck decided it didn't want its maiden voyage to be on concreted boulders. I had some sort of batttery/esc failure about 10 seconds into the first course.

that sucks. any reason? or just gremlins?

Del Monte 05-20-2012 01:06 PM

Upon further inspection, it appears that the BEC shorted out and started the whole mess. It looks like both ESC's will be salvageable, so I'll wire them up as a backup set once the new pair shows up. In the meantime, this means I can go driving today!! 8)

ittybitty 05-20-2012 01:14 PM

Video!

EverettY 05-20-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3740727)
Upon further inspection, it appears that the BEC shorted out and started the whole mess. It looks like both ESC's will be salvageable, so I'll wire them up as a backup set once the new pair shows up. In the meantime, this means I can go driving today!! 8)

Well bad and good.... Sucks you couldn't drive in the comp but.... I guess maybe next time you can have a better debute :). BTW who took first?

Illeagle 05-20-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerr (Post 3739929)
How was the maden voyage?

It was good for me. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paystin (Post 3740002)
Short!:twisted:

:lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3740753)
BTW who took first?

Bender took the 1st place spot. I was the first loser (again) but I'll take 2nd against our local competition any day of the week.

Good to hear it was just the bec Jake. See you at the next comp. "thumbsup"

Del Monte 05-20-2012 02:44 PM

The city of Hesperia was nice enough to install this new practice area about 200 yards from my backyard. :shock:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6...0520130051.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9...0520125644.jpg

The truck feels VERY good so far, right out of the box. I think I can get the shocks tuned in a little better and it will be scary. I'm going to hit one of our local compsites this evening and see how it does on some lines I've ran before.

Here's my initial shock setup

Front:
Plastic scx10 shock
45wt. oil
6mm external limiter
Silver Mini-T spring

Rear:
Plastic scx10 shock
35wt. oil
6mm internal limiter
6mm external limiter
Silver Mini-T spring

The truck had a little too much travel for my liking, but it feels extremely stable for the weight.

Check out the new skins from Krawler Koncepts... thanks Michelle!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/328...cretagentt.jpg

4xFord 05-20-2012 02:54 PM

Very nice! "thumbsup"

stubs179 05-20-2012 04:35 PM

Just out of curiosity how much do the stickers weigh compared to paint?

Hittman 05-20-2012 06:44 PM

Looks very cool. I cant wait to see more on how these light rigs do"thumbsup"

HARDKNOCKZ 05-20-2012 06:54 PM

Yea...it was a rough day for sure...between the electrical issue on yer comp rig & the...well electrical issue on yer Wraith, ya didn't get much wheel time yesterday. But look at the bright side...ya won a brand spankin new XR10 kit...TWICE!!! :ror:

It was a blast dicing with you the short time the Wraith lasted tho. At least you didn't have to chase the turd for an entire mile like the rest of us whackos.

Krawler Konceptz 05-20-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3740898)
Just out of curiosity how much do the stickers weigh compared to paint?

Skins themselves .10 of an oz or 2 grams
Lexan would be determined on thickness etc"thumbsup"

gerr 05-20-2012 07:13 PM

those skins look good!

63comet 05-20-2012 08:35 PM

Truck is looking good and i think it will just keep getting better with fine tuning.
skins look great!

rcboxer 05-20-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3740808)
The city of Hesperia was nice enough to install this new practice area about 200 yards from my backyard. :shock:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6...0520130051.jpg

Dude your so lucky lol

EverettY 05-21-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ (Post 3741055)
But look at the bright side...ya won a brand spankin new XR10 kit...TWICE!!! :ror:

Did he need more XR10 kits? I wish I could just go and win them You sponsored guys are just so lucky.... You probably don't even think about how lucky you really are :twisted:

HARDKNOCKZ 05-21-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3741466)
Did he need more XR10 kits? I wish I could just go and win them You sponsored guys are just so lucky.... You probably don't even think about how lucky you really are :twisted:

The short answer is...No, he doesn't need an XR10 kit & he put it back in the pot twice so someone who DID need it got the chance. Kinda swell fellar Jake is. "thumbsup"

And I think MOST of the sponsored guys here realize how fortunate they are. There's a few...but not too many egos in the rock crawlin world. Besides...being sponsored had zero to do with his winning the kit. It was a random drawing. Have ya read his sig..."the powers in the beard"? Well add luck of the Irish & ya get 2 outta your 2 raffle tickets pulled back to back for the grand prize. The only way it coulda gone better was if Axial's Bender or Brandons tickets were pulled after Jakes.

J.D.

Del Monte 05-21-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3741466)

I didn't keep either kit, they went back into the raffle. My sponsors already take care of me well enough that I don't need to take their raffle prizes as well. :mrgreen:

I put a few packs through the truck at horsemens yesterday and managed to snap a rear lower link during some..abusive..testing. looks like I will need to bend up some Ti for the lowers. Surprisingly, the 7075 tube uppers held up quite well.

EverettY 05-21-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ (Post 3741744)
The short answer is...No, he doesn't need an XR10 kit & he put it back in the pot twice so someone who DID need it got the chance. Kinda swell fellar Jake is. "thumbsup"

And I think MOST of the sponsored guys here realize how fortunate they are. There's a few...but not too many egos in the rock crawlin world. Besides...being sponsored had zero to do with his winning the kit. It was a random drawing. Have ya read his sig..."the powers in the beard"? Well add luck of the Irish & ya get 2 outta your 2 raffle tickets pulled back to back for the grand prize. The only way it coulda gone better was if Axial's Bender or Brandons tickets were pulled after Jakes.

J.D.

Cool So maybe I should grow a beard :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3741770)
I didn't keep either kit, they went back into the raffle. My sponsors already take care of me well enough that I don't need to take their raffle prizes as well. :mrgreen:

Well next time if you win one I could use one ;-)

Illeagle 05-21-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3740808)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9...0520125644.jpg

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fi.../bash-head.gif

Oh cummon man! ha ha.

Robbob 05-21-2012 09:34 AM

Reds and Silver BC's or same front and rear?

I know the trucks so light but got to ask .....

Going with the lighter oil and softer springs in the rear, does it ever feel like the weight is dropping/sagging down on the rear to much when climbing/vertical?

Almost to the point where you would think a stiffer spring would help keep the truck reaching up or a thicker oil would help slow it down in those cases?

Love the new practice spot ..... we're lucky to just find a clearing like that here in the northeast. Lucky dog having it in your backyard lol.