RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Del Monte's Secret Agent build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/382281-del-montes-secret-agent-build.html)

Brandon 05-21-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Del Monte's Secret Agent build

Thanks for letting me check this out Saturday Jake. Was good hanging out with you again "thumbsup"

PS: Where is your Wraith build thread?!?!

DickyT 05-21-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3741770)
I didn't keep either kit, they went back into the raffle.

Pure class right there "thumbsup"

You are a lucky guy having practice rocks so close to home. I'd get a lot more practice in without a 30+ minute drive to my nearest rocks...

This rig is looking great so far Jake, I'm looking forward to seeing it with the skins on.

JohnRobHolmes 05-21-2012 10:26 AM

Florida doesn't push many rocks out of the ground, yeah?

3.5 lbs with normal electronics? Are you sure you need lighter motors, its gonna drop another 5 or 6 ounces off! I'll still make em for you anyway :D Magnets will be done soon on option 2, and option 1 will be ready when the magnets are here.

Pretty dang cool rig. Congrats on... smoking your BEC at the last comp :mrgreen:

TSK 05-21-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 3741952)
Florida doesn't push many rocks out of the ground, yeah?

3.5 lbs with normal electronics? Are you sure you need lighter motors, its gonna drop another 5 or 6 ounces off! I'll still make em for you anyway :D Magnets will be done soon on option 2, and option 1 will be ready when the magnets are here.

Pretty dang cool rig. Congrats on... smoking your BEC at the last comp :mrgreen:

Sensored outrunners?

Farmer 05-21-2012 07:24 PM

Very nice rig there sir"thumbsup" Looking forward to seeing it sometime soon. Skins look killer too!

Later,
Farmer

TC09mini 05-22-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing (Post 3742010)
Sensored outrunners?

not sure what they are going to be, but I think I'll wait to pull the trigger on my next set of motors until after I find out. . . .

JohnRobHolmes 05-22-2012 08:51 AM

That is one option. The smallest is 3 ounces, although I could make it smaller.

63comet 05-22-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 3743587)
That is one option. The smallest is 3 ounces, although I could make it smaller.

Any sneek peek pictures?:shock:

JohnRobHolmes 05-22-2012 09:46 AM

Not yet, still waiting on some parts.

Chris_The_Battery_Man 05-22-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3738001)
I don't think I will quite break the 3lb barrier just yet, but I think 3.5lbs with weight might just be possible.

Rig is looking good Jake! Are you going to have it at PCC next month? I would like to hand molest it perhaps.

My goal is 3.5 also. I am sitting a hair above 4 right now. I have been talking to holmes about some light weight motors and sounds like you might be in on the secret also

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3739124)
Nice Let us know how it works without the knuckle weights.... Are you going to be gettin Alu hardware soon?

Lots of people don't run knuckle weight. In fact, some think it's not the best idea. Just look at Nabil's thread. I have never run knuckle weight. Right now, I am running a 4.1lb truck with no additional weight and it works really well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Monte (Post 3740118)
Well.. the truck decided it didn't want its maiden voyage to be on concreted boulders. I had some sort of batttery/esc failure about 10 seconds into the first course.

Looks like you need some new batteries:ror:. We have the Elite 600's in stock. Get em while they last"thumbsup"

ROWDY RACING 05-22-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man (Post 3743663)
Looks like you need some new batteries:ror:. We have the Elite 600's in stock. Get em while they last"thumbsup"

Site says out of stock?

Chris_The_Battery_Man 05-22-2012 01:58 PM

No it doesnt....

CheapBatteryPacks - Product Crawler Lipos

Clear your cookies. Maybe it's caching an old page or something

ROWDY RACING 05-22-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man (Post 3744025)
No it doesnt....

CheapBatteryPacks - Product Crawler Lipos

Clear your cookies. Maybe it's caching an old page or something

Gotcha! "thumbsup"
I was looking at the lipo/a123 packs & accys menu... DOH!
Thanks!

TedBull 05-22-2012 08:21 PM

3oz for per motor is light :shock:, but if it is a sensored outrunner how much weight will be added back with the extra motor leads, sensor wires, and the added size of two sensored ESC's? Also what kind of gaurds would you need to run to keep the outrunners protected on a MOA? Thanks.

nicodrive01 05-22-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man (Post 3743663)
. We have the Elite 600's in stock. Get em while they last"thumbsup"

Great build, Jake "thumbsup" Like the new skinz.

TSK 05-23-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDBULL (Post 3744571)
3oz for per motor is light :shock:, but if it is a sensored outrunner how much weight will be added back with the extra motor leads, sensor wires, and the added size of two sensored ESC's? Also what kind of gaurds would you need to run to keep the outrunners protected on a MOA? Thanks.

I'm sure the motor wires could be tiny. Esc, not so much. Lol. And if they are like the normal outrunners, they'd easily fit in a BWD motor sav'r & still spin free.

sally1800 05-23-2012 09:38 AM

Can we see a shot of the snipped losi's

thanks

JohnRobHolmes 05-23-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDBULL (Post 3744571)

3oz is including motor wires. The ESC weight is a concern right now, but we won't know if a new ESC design is worth chasing until we learn if the motor design is good enough anyway! I can always have some modded mamba max pros made in a pinch that are just bare boards with no wires or case or heatsink. That would certainly be light and small enough to work.

And there is always option two...

EverettY 05-23-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 3745408)
3oz is including motor wires. The ESC weight is a concern right now, but we won't know if a new ESC design is worth chasing until we learn if the motor design is good enough anyway! I can always have some modded mamba max pros made in a pinch that are just bare boards with no wires or case or heatsink. That would certainly be light and small enough to work.

And there is always option two...

Would you ever offer dual ESC packages already smushed into a small package and soldered up?

And what is option two?

snail78 05-23-2012 11:37 AM

X2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2