Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: switch pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #21
XLR

Default Re: switch pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
well another guy that likes to see where he is going an not where he has been

he man looks good . you mite want to lower the rear upper link mout a hole at the axle an move it up on hole at the chasis an see if you like it better . thats how most of us are running them. i would try some minit springs up front silver in color an mrc silvers in the rear

looks killer tho an i think its marc that runs that color on his panials as well

Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it. I will give it a try.
XLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #22
XLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigleys View Post
Looking good.. How much have u spent on the rig?
Not sure, I have not kept track. I added the specs to my first post for you.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR View Post
That is the Novak M2. I bought (2) Mamba Mirco pro's but have not installed them yet.
Oh duh I didn't think of that You will love the MMP's they are great and nice and compact especially if you decase them and do a smash job to them
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Oh duh I didn't think of that You will love the MMP's they are great and nice and compact especially if you decase them and do a smash job to them
So wheres YOUR rig kid? You have something like 18,000 posts but no build thread...& nooo...the MRC doesn't count. I'd figure by now, you'd have a G-ride since you have all of these parts like MMP's, Custom Tomy wheels, SA chassis etc. Wheres the beef? Yer too young to understand THAT one but some older cats will get it.

Anyhoo...those ARE some nice pics man. You should come out to Cali & shoot my rig for me.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Did you cut the back of your chassis off?? Is it sill legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR View Post
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #26
XLR

Yes, I cut and ground the back end because the chassis was hitting the links preventing suspension movement. It measures 8.03 inches now but that includes the nose hood body panel. I am not sure if that will count. Hopefully I do not need to get another chassis when I get the new links but if I do it is what it is.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR
Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRCCA View Post
2.2 Crawler class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3"
overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
I think you are good It looks cool like that
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

As my 3 yr old son would say..."Bust my bumpers...wha yoo dood?"

We coulda ironed out those clearance issues for ya brutha. Can't believe ya cut up such a purty chassissississ buuut....it's yers ta make yers I reckon.

I just gotta a little country on ya for a sec. Sorry man. There's a herd of fuggin elk screamin at each other on my property. If you haven't heard elk cries...it's OBNOXIOUS AS HELL & they do that shizzy all damn night. Sounds like a cross between a friggen Ricola commercial & a chick screaming at the sight of a daddy long legs.

If I actually WAS country & elk tags here weren't $5 G's each...I'd blast em. Of course since I'm a ghetto kid...I'd have to have the wife drive me around in the six four Impala so I can hang out the window & yell at em "Puro Long Beach por vida putos!!!" as I slung 100 .223 rounds at em from my AR.

This concludes The HARDKNOCKZ Country Hour Commercial. Thank you for the space on your thread
Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
between a friggen Ricola commercial
US ghetto kids will know Ricola commercials

and for imaging the sound on your property...

BTT

Had the same issues with my back uppers, man. Found a solution by spacing them out at the chassis.
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #30
XLR

Well I have made some changes.

I switched out the Pro-line shocks for the Traxxas big bores. I also got some Vanquish wheels and pro-line chisel tires. I am not sure if it is the shocks, wheel/tire combo, or both but this thing works way better than before!

Here are some more pics!

I also got in my Y-town carbon wheels! Apparently, boss claws are out of stock everywhere so I ordered some cut-n-shut tires for Crawler Innovations. Can't wait for the tires to get here.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
XLR

Quote:
As my 3 yr old son would say..."Bust my bumpers...wha yoo dood?"

We coulda ironed out those clearance issues for ya brutha. Can't believe ya cut up such a purty chassissississ buuut....it's yers ta make yers I reckon.

I just gotta a little country on ya for a sec. Sorry man. There's a herd of fuggin elk screamin at each other on my property. If you haven't heard elk cries...it's OBNOXIOUS AS HELL & they do that shizzy all damn night. Sounds like a cross between a friggen Ricola commercial & a chick screaming at the sight of a daddy long legs.

If I actually WAS country & elk tags here weren't $5 G's each...I'd blast em. Of course since I'm a ghetto kid...I'd have to have the wife drive me around in the six four Impala so I can hang out the window & yell at em "Puro Long Beach por vida putos!!!" as I slung 100 .223 rounds at em from my AR.

This concludes The HARDKNOCKZ Country Hour Commercial. Thank you for the space on your thread
As you can see from this pic, if I had not trimmed the chassis there is no way that the upper links would have worked. I have not tried your suggestion on moving the link location because it hits the chassis when I do. The guys at Chaotic are going to be making me some rear links like what you have on your switch.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

re y running to lil spacer on the upper links at the chasis ? if to take them out an put the link rite on the chasis . this should bring them in some more an clear the chasis
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I'd say your biggest improvemnt is the shocks!!! Very nice once you get them dialed and very predicable. The rims also have helped ya but I have yet to try some chisels but i'm guessing if you would of used the sedonas you probably would be doing even better!!!imo

Your gonna love your cut-n-shuts when you get them!!1
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #34
XLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
re y running to lil spacer on the upper links at the chasis ? if to take them out an put the link rite on the chasis . this should bring them in some more an clear the chasis
Nope, my upper links are bolted against the chassis. I have a spacer between the body panel and the link but not between the link and the chassis.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

whats your gc set at
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

lookin at the pics i run my shocks back 2 more hols than you are as well

front an rear
Old 09-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #37
XLR

My CG is just at the back side of the bolt on the chassis that holds the lower front links on. I have been putting about 2 hours every day on it for the last week and this thing has really come to life with the shock and tire changes. I am almost timid to change the setup now.

I also spaced out the rear links and they clear the chassis now.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #38
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Yer runnin that hog purty low. I'm at around 3.15" at the rear.

Not sure about those tires since I haven't run em for years. I'd definitely try some others like Rover's or Sedonas if ya like the big lug tire & of course MY personal favorite...the Big Bad Boss Claws.

Not sure if ya posted but are those 3.5" Big Bores? Why the cap mod? Why's the sky blue? Where do babies come from? What's the meaning of life? Who farted? Oh...nevermind...I farted

Oh yeah...what kinda camera you using for yer pics? They look very snazzy.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Ya imo you need to raise it up some. I'm probably on the higher side of most with 3 1/8 at the front link and at rear i'm 3 3/8. i find thats a pretty good spot for me right now.

What cut-n-shuts did you order? You should also pick up som boss claws ya never know whats gonna work the best for ya.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #40
XLR

Quote:
Yer runnin that hog purty low. I'm at around 3.15" at the rear.

Not sure about those tires since I haven't run em for years. I'd definitely try some others like Rover's or Sedonas if ya like the big lug tire & of course MY personal favorite...the Big Bad Boss Claws.

Not sure if ya posted but are those 3.5" Big Bores? Why the cap mod? Why's the sky blue? Where do babies come from? What's the meaning of life? Who farted? Oh...nevermind...I farted

Oh yeah...what kinda camera you using for yer pics? They look very snazzy.
The big bores measure about 3.75 inches eye to eye. I have no idea why I did the cap mod. It seems most recommended it that I saw so I ordered the shocks complete from wickedwoldrc that way. Nothing special with the camera. Just an old Cannon Rebel XT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Ya imo you need to raise it up some. I'm probably on the higher side of most with 3 1/8 at the front link and at rear i'm 3 3/8. i find thats a pretty good spot for me right now.

What cut-n-shuts did you order? You should also pick up som boss claws ya never know whats gonna work the best for ya.
I have some Boss Claws ordered from my LHS but I guess they are on back order for a while. I got the 2.2 Cut N Shut HB Red Compound Megabites from Crawler Innovations.

switch pics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Light Switch for Your Scaler - Firmtronics RC Switch Review roktoy Electronics 29 09-15-2015 02:37 PM
Who wants to switch crawlerpillar EnRoute Berg 30 12-30-2009 08:34 PM
switch wiring for power, do u switch - or + toy4crawlin Electronics 3 09-09-2008 04:59 AM
on/off switch Crawlsalot General Crawlers 3 09-29-2005 11:15 AM