Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: ★★ The HARDKNOCKZ Switch ZERO ★★

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #81
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: ★★ The HARDKNOCKZ Switch ZERO ★★

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get some data showing that the motor is weaker. It's pretty much what everybody says but I never had any sort of decrease in power when I lathed mine down.

Wonder if Jrh has a dyno?

I would also like to see data compensating for the INCREASE in power since you lost weight.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #82
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg23wm View Post
You spent 3 years on oahu and never seen a giant centipede? I was on Oahu myself in the Air Force for 3 years and saw centipedes way bigger than this one. They are highly aggressive and disgusting to look out since the're so massive. Oh, and the video was pretty sweet.
I always HEARD about em but never saw any. I spent most of my time at the beach, diving, snorkling etc. Cant say that Im bummed I missed em cuz yeah...pretty nasty bastards. Thanks. Glad ya liked the vid. I'll have some better stuff to put up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get some data showing that the motor is weaker. It's pretty much what everybody says but I never had any sort of decrease in power when I lathed mine down.

Wonder if Jrh has a dyno?

I would also like to see data compensating for the INCREASE in power since you lost weight.
Yeah...not sure but Im with ya. Id imagine its a fair enough trade with the weight loss factored in if not an advantage. I direct JRH over here to better answer your questions.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

I think you should Name this RIG............................................ Skinny Bitch on Fire !!!!!!
mark reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Soo would that bug now be considered a brushed pede?
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #85
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
I think you should Name this RIG............................................ Skinny Bitch on Fire !!!!!!
Uuuuuum......no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
Soo would that bug now be considered a brushed pede?
Uuuuuuuum....huh?

You have to much sugar at yer baby girls burfday? Bubs & Sis were wound TIGHT for about 30 mins & passed out cold.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #86

Knife Party - Centipede (Official Video) - YouTube

(for those who dont know this is knife party who used to be Pendulum who made a song Tarantula)

Felt to fitting to ignore;) Nice ride brah
FireFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #87
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Well.......we braved the cold last night & cut some more weight outta honey boo boo's pooper.

Steve over at VP offered to give my SLW's some light weight love awhile back but they're CRAZY BUSY over there this time if year & those RIDICKA-LICKA-LICKALOUS Currie axles have only added to the nuttyness. So I decided to just skinniefy em myself.

Starting weight wasn't bad at 55 grams but there's definitely room for improvement. This is including hubs & all hub hardware but not rings.

Once again I went to work with my trusty step bits. I just eyeballed the location of my holes & tried to keep em somewhat uniform while leaving a decent skeletal structure.

I was able to remove quite a bit of weight & couldn't be happier with the results.

15 grams works for me. There's room for more material to be removed but I wanted to make sure to retain as much strength as possible. If it holds up as well as I'm sure it will...I'll probably "ventilate" em some more.

Weight with aluminum VP rings is still pretty good at only 8 grams more.

Troy (winnerone23) offered to hand shape some cool carbon fiber goodies for me after I gave him the BWD Baby Mantis chassis that Don asked me to build & test last year. I just didn't have the time & honestly felt conflicted since I'm a Chaotic driver.

Anyways...he cut me a couple of different servo guards, rear axle braces & a set of SLW rings in red CF. These things are purty cool. They ARE hand cut & the quality of the CF isn't the greatest so they're a little rough. I was honestly concerned with strength issues because they're a skinny whiddle piece.

Weight savings you axe? Well....the CF rings add an additional 3 grams of savings. Plus...they look purty cool.

But alas...my concerns with the durabilty of these rings turns out to be warranted. While testing...my rig took a decent bounce while dropping out of a crevice & cracked the passenger rear outter. Again...these were handcut with a router & Dremel & were made from some VERY thin CF.

At this point...I don't see a real advantage to running CF rings. I know that every gram counts but at only 3 grams per wheel, I'm not digging the trade off of weight versus my peace of mind. In order to get the strength up in CF, we'd need to add some mils in thickness which will obviously add weight. The red CF IS groovy tho.

I also started working on some new Boss Claws last night but the bitter cold proved to be too....um....bitter.....&......cold.

I'll have some new parts to test coming from a new & very innovative company called "The Fifth Dimension" that I think will greatly improve the overall performance, looks & adjustiblity of a rig.

BTW....I think I finally figured out my phone camera so HOPEFULLY every pic wont have a different visual temperature from here on out. Actually...I guess I could use the GoPro & have REALLY disco pics.

That's all for now cats-n-kittens. Stay tuned for some new parts & groovy tech.

J.D.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

I like the new name...."honey boo boo"....

"Bitter cold"....you mean like 50*?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Well.......we braved the cold last night & cut some more weight outta honey boo boo's pooper.

Steve over at VP offered to give my SLW's some light weight love awhile back but they're CRAZY BUSY over there this time if year & those RIDICKA-LICKA-LICKALOUS Currie axles have only added to the nuttyness. So I decided to just skinniefy em myself.

Starting weight wasn't bad at 55 grams but there's definitely room for improvement. This is including hubs & all hub hardware but not rings.

Once again I went to work with my trusty step bits. I just eyeballed the location of my holes & tried to keep em somewhat uniform while leaving a decent skeletal structure.

I was able to remove quite a bit of weight & couldn't be happier with the results.

15 grams works for me. There's room for more material to be removed but I wanted to make sure to retain as much strength as possible. If it holds up as well as I'm sure it will...I'll probably "ventilate" em some more.

Troy (winnerone23) offered to hand shape some cool carbon fiber goodies for me after I gave him the BWD Baby Mantis chassis that Don asked me to build & test last year. I just didn't have the time & honestly felt conflicted since I'm a Chaotic driver.

Anyways...he cut me a couple of different servo guards, rear axle braces & a set of SLW rings in red CF. These things are purty cool. They ARE hand cut & the quality of the CF isn't the greatest so they're a little rough. I was honestly concerned with strength issues because they're a skinny whiddle piece.

Weight savings you axe? Well....the CF rings add an additional 3 grams of savings. Plus...they look purty cool.

But alas...my concerns with the durabilty of these rings turns out to be warranted. While testing...my rig took a decent bounce while dropping out of a crevice & cracked the passenger rear outter. Again...these were handcut with a router & Dremel & were made from some VERY thin CF.

At this point...I don't see a real advantage to running CF rings. I know that every gram counts but at only 3 grams per wheel, I'm not digging the trade off of weight versus my peace of mind. In order to get the strength up in CF, we'd need to add some mils in thickness which will obviously add weight. The red CF IS groovy tho.

I also started working on some new Boss Claws last night but the bitter cold proved to be too....um....bitter.....&......cold.

I'll have some new parts to test coming from a new & very innovative company called "The Fifth Dimension" that I think will greatly improve the overall performance, looks & adjustiblity of a rig.

BTW....I think I finally figured out my phone camera so HOPEFULLY every pic wont have a different visual temperature from here on out. Actually...I guess I could use the GoPro & have REALLY disco pics.

J.D.

Hey for "skinny bitch on fire" you could just not run rings and glue the tires to the rim !!!! and save more with out the ring or hardware, drop down to three bolts holding the wheel offset adapter on and use alum. screws... been running this way for years and no issues.

you can get de-bonder so when the tires are warn out they can be taken off.
mark reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #90
Rock Crawler

Lose a few more grams by putting smaller holes in between those bigger holes? I'm thinking about doing this myself. I'm going to be doing a tear down on mine over Christmas break and I'm going to nut up and drill my SLWs. Mostly so I don't have to cut holes in my tires. Keep them pic's coming man.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #91
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I like the new name...."honey boo boo"....

"Bitter cold"....you mean like 50*?
Yaysss...Im a honey boo boo & errone should kiss muh chubby lil toes...m kay y'all?

Yup. 50 degrees & Im a shiverin little boy. We actually gotta teeny bit of snow the udder day so its gettin chilly.

Remember...not ALL of Cali is beach front land just like not all of Texas is full of cows, shit kickers, chewin tobacky & bolo ties. Just MOST of it. YOU obviously live in the OTHER part of Texas full of plaid cargo shorts, argyle socks, flourescent colored running shoes & sideburns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
Hey for "skinny bitch on fire" you could just not run rings and glue the tires to the rim !!!! and save more with out the ring or hardware, drop down to three bolts holding the wheel offset adapter on and use alum. screws... been running this way for years and no issues.

you can get de-bonder so when the tires are warn out they can be taken off.
I'll be removing half of the hub screws but nah...Im good with my beadlock rings. Like I posted up...Im not lookin to join Team Anorexia. Im lookin for a decent balance of durability, peace of mind & good forward bias in a lightweight package. Huh uh...I said "package."

Thanks for posting that twice. I woulda missed it if you'd only posted it once. Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah1 View Post
Lose a few more grams by putting smaller holes in between those bigger holes? I'm thinking about doing this myself. I'm going to be doing a tear down on mine over Christmas break and I'm going to nut up and drill my SLWs. Mostly so I don't have to cut holes in my tires. Keep them pic's coming man.
Thanks man. Yeah...like I said, this is round one. Im sure there's PLENTY of material yet to remove while keepin em strong but for my own peace of mind (theres that phrase again ) I wanna try this out first & see how she holds up & where my weight ends up.

J.D.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup. 50 degrees & Im a shiverin little boy. We actually gotta teeny bit of snow the udder day so its gettin chilly.

Remember...not ALL of Cali is beach front land just like not all of Texas is full of cows, shit kickers, chewin tobacky & bolo ties. Just MOST of it. YOU obviously live in the OTHER part of Texas full of plaid cargo shorts, argyle socks, flourescent colored running shoes & sideburns.
I just got a few fashion tips from Camo at Nats in Vegas...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

J.D.
You broke one! Hours of dremel work an that crappy CF an you broke one! Good.. now I can test diff materials.. how's about atleast some pics of the rings on them perty wheels...
Also, I think ur scales broke.. or maybe 2 backside rings on that there scale.. I had a 6 gram savings with the CF rings.. 24 grams would be worth it.. oh well, back to the drawing board.. new company to get colored carbon from anyways.

The wheels can take some more.. I started with 6 holes an now run 12 holes.. thinking of goin up a bit size.. close to tbe same weight with my slw as my dlux wheels.. good stuff so far, keep it up! New ring comin...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #94
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
You broke one! Hours of dremel work an that crappy CF an you broke one! Good.. now I can test diff materials.. how's about atleast some pics of the rings on them perty wheels...
Also, I think ur scales broke.. or maybe 2 backside rings on that there scale.. I had a 6 gram savings with the CF rings.. 24 grams would be worth it.. oh well, back to the drawing board.. new company to get colored carbon from anyways.

The wheels can take some more.. I started with 6 holes an now run 12 holes.. thinking of goin up a bit size.. close to tbe same weight with my slw as my dlux wheels.. good stuff so far, keep it up! New ring comin...
I dont think the scales broke but dont doubt that it can be off a gram or 2 one way or the other...& yeah...24 grams would be worth it IF I have peace of mind against breakage. I have faith in you young buck. We'll give her another go.

If you look really close...you can see em mounted up in the video posted here in this very thread. I'll grab some pics of the busted ring for ya tho.

Thanks for hookin it up. Lets see whatcha come up with next

J.D.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #95
TSK
Shelf queen

Fifth Dimension sounds like some cutting edge future ish right there
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Made a slight change to the size of the inner texture. This is the awesome-sauce hi-res copy that really shows the attention to detail.

Last edited by Wicked Monkey; 12-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

looks sweet mike
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Just did the drilling the holes in the SLW's mod last week. I like the sexy skins too!
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Just did the drilling the holes in the SLW's mod last week. I like the sexy skins too!
How much did you take out of yours?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

WoW awesome build so far brother, let me see those pics of those red CF rings from Winner, im thinking of picking some up. Also when are you gonna show those badass skins on your rig?

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote

★★ The HARDKNOCKZ Switch ZERO ★★ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Light Switch for Your Scaler - Firmtronics RC Switch Review roktoy Electronics 29 09-15-2015 02:37 PM
==HARDKNOCKZ Switch Teaser== HARDKNOCKZ Videos! 15 07-24-2012 03:27 AM
HARDKNOCKZ Chaotic Special makes a SWITCH HARDKNOCKZ Axial XR10 166 02-23-2012 09:04 PM