Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: A HALL STYLE Chassis Lost in Korea :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #21

Default Re: A HALL STYLE Chassis Lost in Korea :)

Lost in Korea, are you still in Korea? I"m going to be headed over there late next year (Aug 13) and was curious what kind of support is there for RCs.
coreyperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

From what I hear, ya better get lots of practice an strap them shoes up tight! They run crawlers like they do everything else over seas.. hardcore an bad ass, with perfection!

Last edited by winnerone23; 12-21-2012 at 09:03 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
From what I hear, ya better get lots of practice an strap them shoes up tight! They run crawlers like they do everything else over seas.. hardcore an bad ass, with perfection!
And that is da troof! lol

When I first got here, I did a comp with Brandon up there in Seoul. They do comps quite a bit different here than in the states. First, you get 2 minutes per gate. At 2 minutes, they reposition you at that gate and you move on to the next gate (stuck on gate 2? after 2 minutes, you move on to gate 3). And there is no pointing out. You fight and fight until you finish the comp.

I had my foams freeze up and turn to rocks on my first course. Along with a battery swap (450a don't do so well on a LONG course) and a total of somewhere along 450 points...

I don't care about where I finished, I had a blast. And yes, these Koreans are meticulous with their gear and driving. But on the same hand, they are very warm to us American drivers. Many thanks to Brandon for helping me finish up the Berg at 1:30 am before the comp.

Jeff
lead lobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyperez View Post
Lost in Korea, are you still in Korea? I"m going to be headed over there late next year (Aug 13) and was curious what kind of support is there for RCs.
That all depends on what kind of RCs ull be running bud, if u like ur on road racing or your off road buggie stuff they are amazing
. Crawling Stuff Not So much, They Don't Even Have An Axial Distributor here. Most Of Ur Parts Ull Have To Order From The States, We Do Have Some Very Innovative Korean Crawlers Here And they are Very Easy To deal Minus The language barrier. Get More specific And I Can Help U out. Where Will U Be heading??

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Ya These Guys Are Great Crawlers And their rigs Are Built very Different than Ours. I Will Post Today A Korean Crawler post And U Can See Some Of Their rigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead lobber View Post
And that is da troof! lol

When I first got here, I did a comp with Brandon up there in Seoul. They do comps quite a bit different here than in the states. First, you get 2 minutes per gate. At 2 minutes, they reposition you at that gate and you move on to the next gate (stuck on gate 2? after 2 minutes, you move on to gate 3). And there is no pointing out. You fight and fight until you finish the comp.

I had my foams freeze up and turn to rocks on my first course. Along with a battery swap (450a don't do so well on a LONG course) and a total of somewhere along 450 points...

I don't care about where I finished, I had a blast. And yes, these Koreans are meticulous with their gear and driving. But on the same hand, they are very warm to us American drivers. Many thanks to Brandon for helping me finish up the Berg at 1:30 am before the comp.

Jeff
Hell ya! Jeff and I had a blast, especially building a rig at 130 and outside running it the night before the comp haha. Ya never seen a perfect run in Korea some of their gates are pretty unclearable until uve had alot of time Practice on it.

Lik

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 12-23-2012 at 07:14 AM.
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

hey guys,
Got some of my anodized items back yesterday and here they are.

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 12-26-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

I also had some a little time last night to throw the chassis together for the first time.

Skid

Body Panels, havent quite figured out what theme I will do but just wanted to give everyone the weight.

All the wheel Hardware! Aluminum anodized red!

DLUX Carbon Fiber wheels both inner and out V cut. So sexy!

These are Some vanquish SLW V5s Respun. Check out the weight comparison of the DLUX Carbon Vs. This wheel with only the beadlocks. Remember you still need a hub and all hardware. Ridiculous. I have a pic without the Beadlocks and with.

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 12-26-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
RCC Addict

That anodizing looks killer. There is a shop close to my house that does some awesome work. Been wondering about taking some stuff there for a long time now. I might just be inspired. Where did you get yours done?

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #28
RCC Addict

The red is badass! Looks good with just the clear too. Now I know I am ordering red hardware for my V3's after seeing it on black wheels (well carbon).
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Alright,
Just wanted to show the difference between the weight of the steel balls to the aluminum that are in the links only. Its ridiculous the difference.
Steel link balls

Aluminum balls

These are the titanium dlux links lowers with titanium sliders, sexy!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Wow!! Thanks for posting up some diet saving pics. All those grams lead to ounces!!!! Great build so far! Love the all red anodized hardware!!
JimmyJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Good stuff bro.. that's all goin to look killer with the color scheme an goodies I got for ya! Tho I hit a snag.. 12hr shifts in the snow, running heavy equipment.. ill have extras for you now that I see the rig goin together.. will talk with you soon.. off or some zzz's... Which makes me think, you should be too! LoL.. I know, its over rated.. that an it takes away from crawler quality build time!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Hey guys,

Got some love from Chris the Battery man. My BEC, dual holmes Brxl escs, and my futaba rx in 1 tight little package. Thanks Chris, some major weight saving check out the pics!

Got some axial rod ends in the mail today as well.

So I threw my lower links on the chassis.
Dlux,halls 3/16 titanium bent lowers, dlux titanium sliders, axial bent rod ends, hot racing red aluminum ball ends.

I also bent the skids up on the bottom skid

Thanks for looking!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Just curious, why didn't you pop off the heat sinks on the ESCs. I have popped them off and had no issues with overheating. It will save you a bunch more weight.

Wes
Old 12-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
Just curious, why didn't you pop off the heat sinks on the ESCs. I have popped them off and had no issues with overheating. It will save you a bunch more weight.

Wes
Im not sure, I actually thought thats what was going to happen but Chris left them like this, good question, ill ask.

LIK
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Ok, so I went ahead and opened up the smash and super smashed it! Ok, ok, I just removed the heat syncs and sealed it up with the shrink I could salvage, I'll need to get some more tomorrow to deal it up all pretty. Saved some weight too do here we go.

Here is the 2 heat sinks and weight

And the new smash.

And some pre pics

ok, that's it, thanks for looking!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Nice job, and great weight savings.

Wes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Looking good love the red anodizing, did you get someone to do the anodizing or did you do it yourself?
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #38
RCC Addict

The plastic spacers that come with your hall style are space the rod end away from your chassis plate on the skid. the order for the screw goes chassis, spacer rod end(for the lower link), chassis brace. The spacer allows the rod end to work freely without being limited by the chassis.

Oh yeah, you'll want to space your upper links away from the chassis.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Curcal; 12-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
Nice job, and great weight savings.

Wes
Thanks bud, thanks for the mention of it! Think I should put a small piece of aluminum between the 2 escs for heat distrubution, I just wrapped them with some electric tape temporarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
The plastic spacers that come with your hall style are space the rod end away from your chassis plate on the skid. the order for the screw goes chassis, spacer rod end(for the lower link), chassis brace. The spacer allows the rod end to work freely without being limited by the chassis.

Oh yeah, you'll want to space your upper links away from the chassis.

Hope that helps
Hey buddy,

Thanks for tuning in and giving me the tips, got any pics of this? I think thats what ive done actually, i just used some spacer in the back for the chassis brace because it just seemed like to much bend for the chassis to make it that far. Maybe my aluminum spacers are not right. Let me get a pic if you dont mind.

LIK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Looking good love the red anodizing, did you get someone to do the anodizing or did you do it yourself?
No I didn't anodize it myself but I have been thinking of doing it. I've been meaning to look for a at home anodizing kit or something of that nature. I have a friend here in Korea that does all of it for me he has a huge factory that does everything from cutting to anodizing Yamaha Motorcycle parts so he takes care of me.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Wow that is some smooshed electronics! I remember running a sidewinder micro in my shafty and it worked great till one day it let the magic smoke for no reason... if you were scared to get rid of the whole heatsink, if you were smart, you could cut it down some pretty easy.

You get my PM about the tracking, USPS is kinda scaring me with the package
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote

A HALL STYLE Chassis Lost in Korea :) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Wraith Lost in Korea!~ OFFROADRCKOREA Axial Wraith 22 12-10-2013 09:08 AM
I am Lost in Korea OFFROADRCKOREA Outside the US 1 12-22-2012 05:05 PM
3 XR10s lost in Korea! come build with me!! OFFROADRCKOREA Axial XR10 7 11-09-2012 10:57 AM
XR10 T1E Moonbuggy Lost in Korea. OFFROADRCKOREA Axial XR10 9 10-26-2012 08:09 AM