Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: XR-10 Discontinued

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #1

Default XR-10 Discontinued

Well it finally happened, the XR-10 has officially been discontinued. What the crap!!

Is there going to be a replacement, has anyone seen or heard of something. I hope Axial isn't getting out of the Comp business.

TowerHobbies.com | Axial XR10 4WD Competition Rock Crawler Kit
BigDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Default Re: XR-10 Discontinued

Just the kits. You can buy all the parts you need to make a sick rig still.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yea they have been discontinued for a while now, if u do come across a new kit it will cost ya a bit more, saw a brand new in box kit sell on eBay the other day for right at $300, when they used to sell for $169.00 but as stated above, parts are easily found! No worries, u can find anything u may need on here, or whatever parts u want are still avai!
Good luck
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #4

I already have one, over a grand into it. I was planning on keeping it for a while. But if its discontinued then its only a matter of time until I can't find any parts. Give it a couple months we won't be able to get anything.

Dang!!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I was looking at buying the kit for ages and held off.
When I got around to it I was lucky enough to find a built rig on Oz ebay for a good price
philg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDT View Post
I already have one, over a grand into it. I was planning on keeping it for a while. But if its discontinued then its only a matter of time until I can't find any parts. Give it a couple months we won't be able to get anything.

Dang!!
I don't think that's the case... I think parts will be avail for quite some time now... It's been discontinued for months now.
Don't sweat it bro, I have an xr10 also!!
Hang on to it!!! I think the xr10 will stay alive for a while longer unless something magically new appears that's way better but I don't see that happening!
No worried bud, many xr10 guys including me don't even use much of the stock xr10 parts anyways... I don't believe vanquish will stop making parts for the xr10!
That's just my outlook on it, Im not to worried myself. Most people who bought a kit ditched everything but the axles anyways..
The Only stock axial xr10 parts I have on my rig that im building now out of the kit are the axle housings and shafts.
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Only part that today not provided by others than Axial is the lower axel housings.
To bad all aftermarket c-hubs and knuckles are made out of that heavy aluminum, but it wonīt break thats for sure!
BliB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Axial is still making XR10 parts & probably will as long as they sell em. Stop panicking guys. We got along fine BEFORE AX10's, LCC's & XR10's & anybody that wants to & LOVES crawling will get along fine after their gone.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

The biggest problem with the xr beeing discontinued is that little Billy Bob want to get in to MOA crawling but his father or mother aint Bill Gates so itīs impossible.
The XR with ok electronics was a good starting point without the need of selling your house to afford it.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Are you guys tellin me no " Cutting Brake"!!!
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliB View Post
The biggest problem with the xr beeing discontinued is that little Billy Bob want to get in to MOA crawling but his father or mother aint Bill Gates so itīs impossible.
The XR with ok electronics was a good starting point without the need of selling your house to afford it.
You can still get new Berg axles for about $200 and you can get the Exceed Mad Crawler READY TO RUN for $130.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D19er View Post
Are you guys tellin me no " Cutting Brake"!!!
I remember so many saying how that was going to be a game changer...
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
You can still get new Berg axles for about $200 and you can get the Exceed Mad Crawler READY TO RUN for $130.
Berg axels for 200, does it include drivshafts and gears ;)

Exceed Mad Crawler for 130 RTR yes you can, how much do you have to put in to it before it crawl like the XR with cheap electronics?

Iīm glad you offer the "build a crawler" on your website, makes it easier for new guys, the only problem is the price range of good rigs.
And if someone ask me where to go when getting a rig i will prolly point my finger in your direction ;)

In the end the xr gave you a lot of bang for the buck =)
Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #15

guys, I know everything's going to be alright, I'm just venting. like most guys on here I'm not running much of the stock stuff any more.
My big problem with it being discontinued, is all the new guys trying to get into a comp rig. Now there is no good/easy options.

I'm just praying to the rock gods, that Axial has something in the works. For two reason, one it gives all the new guys an option and two I'm ready to build a new comp rig to replace my sad worn out XR-10.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Comp crawling is dead, get a scaler.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Berg axels for 200, does it include drivshafts and gears ;)
Yes.

Quote:
Quote:
Exceed Mad Crawler for 130 RTR yes you can, how much do you have to put in to it before it crawl like the XR with cheap electronics?

Your statement before was that it was sad that Billy Bob could not get into MOA crawling. My reply was to show that if you really want in and dont have much to spend, there are still many ways to do that. I gave 2 brand new options. There are also many used options.

Will it crawl like an XR10 dollar to dollar? Thats a pretty complicated question. You would have to come up with some sort of formula for me, if not, its all opinion and comes down to how wisely you spend money and how much you can modify yourself.

If I were dirt poor and wanted the best performing set of axles, I would buy pieces of the Exceed stuff, couple it with Bully stuff and be good to go. I think I could build a set with just my Dremel that would be much more suitable for me than an XR10 and also be cheaper to build.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
RCC Addict

A combination of being a smart shopper in the classifieds and running the dlux/exceed/berg mix of axles, and I think you will have a very nice crawler at a very nice price!

If your patient, then buy peices at a time as you find good deals on them! I just put together a competitive super for $650! I don't think that's too bad!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

As I`ve said I~m new to the XR10.
I have been running a Losi MRC Pro for some time,there are plenty of parts still available,don`t sweat guys.
philg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Yes.

Your statement before was that it was sad that Billy Bob could not get into MOA crawling. My reply was to show that if you really want in and dont have much to spend, there are still many ways to do that. I gave 2 brand new options. There are also many used options.

Will it crawl like an XR10 dollar to dollar? Thats a pretty complicated question. You would have to come up with some sort of formula for me, if not, its all opinion and comes down to how wisely you spend money and how much you can modify yourself.

If I were dirt poor and wanted the best performing set of axles, I would buy pieces of the Exceed stuff, couple it with Bully stuff and be good to go. I think I could build a set with just my Dremel that would be much more suitable for me than an XR10 and also be cheaper to build.
Yes for little Billy Bob it is possibel to get in to MOA crawling but not comp crawling.
Take a look at 1/8 Off road, it is possibel to buy a RTR and go to the track and drive it, buying the Exceed Mad Crawler wont do the same, sure you can drive it but itīs not even close to a comp crawler.

Honestly i donīt think i would start with crawling today cause of the lack of an easy entrylevel comp crawler.

I do know its possible to build stuff cheap, but then again, it takes a lot of knowledge to do so wich makes it tuff for Billy Bob and his father/mother.

People have a limit to how much they wanna spend and how much they wanna learn before they press the "order" button.
And in my opinion as a beginner and all, just to get the info on what electronics to buy to my XR was tuff when i was trying to keep the cost low.

XR-10 Discontinued - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discontinued? Butcherinhd Axial SCX-10 21 11-01-2011 02:17 PM
discontinued crawlhog Chit Chat 29 10-31-2011 06:55 PM
Discontinued? toyotatrucks83 Tamiya XC/CC01 6 09-28-2011 02:11 PM
discontinued???? passinby Axial XR10 41 06-21-2011 03:55 PM
discontinued no more... fokai Chit Chat 37 02-26-2007 05:42 PM