Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: BHB custom Yeti XLX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 12:24 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default BHB custom Yeti XLX

Just a peek.... Its killing me to hold back but I gotta!!

This is my version of a YETI XLXTREAM

~FULLY INDEPENDENT BHB HIGH CLEARANCE (FRONT & BACK )
~FOUR WHEEL STEER WITH C.C FAN COOLED C.C B.E.C'S HARDWIRED WITH SEPARATE POWER SOURCE
~DHAWK 2 SPEED
~MAMBA MONSTER X
~TEKIN T8 1350 KV
~DHAWK FULL DRESSER FRONT CLIP ASSEMBLIES
~STAINLESS STEEL FASTENERS
~BHB CUSTOM MODS
~BARNDOG POLISHED ALUMINUMN PANELS WITH RTR COLOR TINT SCHEME FOR A BLANG BLANG FACTORY LOOK
AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF THINGS TO COME!!!

subscribe to my youtube page BELOW for upcoming XLX build video series
After the series is completed I WILL give detailed pictures with helpful notes or
ORDER ONE FROM BHB CUSTOMS

Feel free to check out my RRC profile for hundreds of pictures over my builds

Remember to subscribe for free diy mods or buy from the basher
Built by a basher for Bashers

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-16-2016 at 01:36 AM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: BHB custom Yeti XLX

figured I'd give ya another peek...here's a little handy work by BHB...All accomplished hand tools with leftover project scraps..
I was just dry fitting the BHB plates at this point...fine tuning and tapping took place after this then a polish job...

STAY TUNED AND SUBSCRIBE

Old 03-17-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
RCC Addict

here's a couple more pictures down the line...

obviously going through the stages of dry fitting but this is the last pictures for a wile because the next ones start giving it away

and remember this setup front and rear almost 4'' of clearance instead of 2" 1/2
keep telling me if I wanted to do it right I would'A used a straight axle...

Oho I do plan on it..... for my TuG-Of WaR NiTrO KiLlEr build coming up next month !!! Vanquish Front And Rear
unless I get lost in my FPV Drone racer.....

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 10-02-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:36 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm thinking of running sniped XMAXX tires or the 40 series cut Boggers .....Any suggestions for taller Krawlers????

Old 03-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #5
McD
Rock Stacker

Default BHB custom Yeti XLX

Nice, cool build.
Here is a pic of the tires that I have compared to the stock krawlers

The mudslingers are 7.55" tall
And the rock crushers are 8.26" tall

Where if you went with the boggers
9.68"

But the boggers will have to be restricted on their turning angle, the rock crushers brush the chassis tub at full lock. With max front stock ride height or fab up some longer a-arms for the beast

The build looks good my only question is how are you going to attach the aluminum plates to the plastic chassis tubs? More aluminum braces and bolt them all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by McD; 03-17-2016 at 06:26 AM.
McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks for going above and beyond McD

Those rock crushers look fn ridiculous!! After sniping them I think they would be the closest to the RTR krawlers!! Sniping them will also make them more flexible...
Thanks again for being a TEAM player McD !!

Well your on the right track...I tapped through the bottom skid, inside battery, top of battery, through the basher (rails) that connect to the basher bar(S) which also incorporates the tower support links that connect to the shock bar(S) all backed by 2 stages of bonging adhesives and a full skid pan support...Also the battery tray pins are continuous and will aid a little.. bring on the cartwheels !!! I'm gonna need a sixer of those blue moon's after this build lol
Old 03-17-2016, 10:25 AM   #7
RCC Addict

eBay

New message from: dhawk-racing (1,983Red Star)

Hi BHB,
thanks for showing me so many your perfect designs and advice,thank you so much!!!
i am really very happy to work with you,if you need me to make some aluminum parts for this Dhawk XLX,please let me know, I will try to help you to finish this project,but I just can help you on aluminum parts,and you must have these parts drawings,because i am really very busy every day,and I have no time to measure the dimensions,hope you can understand,
my email address is xxxxxxxxxxx,
look forward your reply,
Jimmy/dhawk

I FN LOVE DHAWK FOR THE
HIGHTES QUALITY PRODUCTS
PROFESSIONALISM
AND THEIR INTREST TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

JIMMY AND DHAWK ARE THE SHIT !!!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm doing the same thing, except I'll be doing a straight up kyosho buggy clone low ground clearance, I'm guessing your doing a desert buggy theme. You going for the body pins on the back or have you solved the 4 pin mounting conundrum yet LOL. Either way nice build good luck with it.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
I'm doing the same thing, except I'll be doing a straight up kyosho buggy clone low ground clearance, I'm guessing your doing a desert buggy theme. You going for the body pins on the back or have you solved the 4 pin mounting conundrum yet LOL. Either way nice build good luck with it.
no theme other than Xterame I live in Maine so every 100 ft the terrain changes... I've really been enjoying the xl as a crawler but I've also been super impressed with the HC setup wile bashing!!! That's why I'm going with the 2 speed with a sensored setup for a all-around ultimate basher...basically I transforming it from a rock bouncer to a Mountain Basher At least I've convinced myself that ... I was thinking " I wonder if I turn down the steering sensitivity and crank up the TSM if it will be controllable at higher speeds with the 4 wheel steer?" I've already improvised a way to lock the rear steer if need be..

as for the body post I was thinking of using the body post the rear from the shock tower in the rear, fastening it to my reinforced BHB tunnel cover. But tonight I was thinking of adapting a hinge that had a removable hinge pin for easy removal and distribution of impact...
I'm also thinking of designing a spring assisted body post to help adsorb roll over impacts

And Tony this is my thread so we can chat it up ovha rollcages
I'm taking the easy out and I'm mimicking the factory cage... what's your exepernces with custom cages ?
Old 03-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

You wuss, I woulda thought you of all YXL junkies would want to push the boundaries. I've been chatting with Tim/Tuner of EmeryworX he has some really nice bouncer cages, I am going for the showtime bouncer cage you can look it up at post #13. He assured me that all the crap I want integrated was not gonna be a problem like stuffing 2 x 2s Li-Po's although this would be a first for him, he has a YXL rig to mock up on. Price is a little steep though, all I need now is a deposit to seal my place in line in about 10 weeks. There is another one Projunk/Southern builds chassis a little more competitive pricing, also very good build designs but needs 2-4 weeks build time and needs a rig to mock up on. The main difference between them other than build time is the designs. As far as I can determine ProJunk is more original, I have yet to see an original design from Tuner. From what I have read Tuner can do any design that's out there he just needs to look at the pictures, it don't matter if its 1:1, he can scale it down with beautiful results mind you. I'm sure in the future Tuner will come up with his original designs too and although I really like the showtime bouncer cage design I wouldn't mind an original design.

You had to wuss out, which makes me think you wanna stick close to the original designs which would reflect poorly on me now coz it may look like I sold out. Decisions decisions DIMMMITTTTTT....
Old 03-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

By the way did you double check the spacing for the rear center drive shaft, it took me a while to get the distance just right, assuming of course you will be using the AX31082 Transmission front output cup with the AX31089 Center dogbone. Are you going to screw down the plates I know its just a mock up right now but I'd hate to think that in the final assembly your just gluing them on the bottom. I'll be using printed plastic plates on mine sandwich the middle with an aluminum plate on the bottom to keep it from breaking off also it would keep the screws from tearing the plastic chassis apart, or I might wait till your aluminum plates are in production LOL, also sent an email to T-bone racing see if the can fab a one off under chassis skid plate. What's your plan on the battery trays in the back Immana seal them up, cut the top and inner side off to open up space for the rear steering horn, hide the wiring's and house a longer receiver or BEC.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
You wuss, I woulda thought you of all YXL junkies would want to push the boundaries. I've been chatting with Tim/Tuner of EmeryworX he has some really nice bouncer cages, I am going for the showtime bouncer cage you can look it up at post #13. He assured me that all the crap I want integrated was not gonna be a problem like stuffing 2 x 2s Li-Po's although this would be a first for him, he has a YXL rig to mock up on. Price is a little steep though, all I need now is a deposit to seal my place in line in about 10 weeks. There is another one Projunk/Southern builds chassis a little more competitive pricing, also very good build designs but needs 2-4 weeks build time and needs a rig to mock up on. The main difference between them other than build time is the designs. As far as I can determine ProJunk is more original, I have yet to see an original design from Tuner. From what I have read Tuner can do any design that's out there he just needs to look at the pictures, it don't matter if its 1:1, he can scale it down with beautiful results mind you. I'm sure in the future Tuner will come up with his original designs too and although I really like the showtime bouncer cage design I wouldn't mind an original design.

You had to wuss out, which makes me think you wanna stick close to the original designs which would reflect poorly on me now coz it may look like I sold out. Decisions decisions DIMMMITTTTTT....
LMAO

HEY DID YOU SEE MY PROBUILT DRONE RACER SHELL MOD IN THE BACK

Damn Tiger that's a long wait...I can see why after looking at those crawlers ...they look heavy as hell!...just adding the cage turns your hotrod into a crawler lol!! maybe I'll get my tig going working as a underwater wielder I started understanding the art of welding ... working as a high end yacht woodsmith I hung around the fiberglassguys and got pretty good with vacuum tables and carbon fiber molds.. as being a FN gear head at 3 I was labeled as a gassaholic...10000's of $ 1 to 1 custom builds later and im fn with toy rc cars lol

BTW if I wasn't arm wrestling one of the judges I woulda got 1st..first loss for me ... even tho I put him down twice I got DQ..They just wanted to go home to Nevada with a queer 1st place (Maine) trophy and look in the mirrior with it funny haha

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-18-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:

Quote:
By the way did you double check the spacing for the rear center drive shaft, it took me a while to get the distance just right, assuming of course you will be using the AX31082 Transmission front output cup with the AX31089 Center dogbone. Are you going to screw down the plates I know its just a mock up right now but I'd hate to think that in the final assembly your just gluing them on the bottom. I'll be using printed plastic plates on mine sandwich the middle with an aluminum plate on the bottom to keep it from breaking off also it would keep the screws from tearing the plastic chassis apart, or I might wait till your aluminum plates are in production LOL, also sent an email to T-bone racing see if the can fab a one off under chassis skid plate. What's your plan on the battery trays in the back Immana seal them up, cut the top and inner side off to open up space for the rear steering horn, hide the wiring's and house a longer receiver or BEC.
maybe lol
Old 03-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Dry fit... next Elmer's glue the 40' jumps lol

Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #15
RCC Addict

top.. side view...next I added .. 3 stage adhesion & Kevlar chopping's & body filler...cure for a couple days.. screws 360*...BHB side rails connect to each basher bar & center adapter plates..the bottom of the tower support links attach between the top of the basher bars and the basher rails which will also tie into the basher shock supports that sandwich spring assisted body mounts front and back.. the skid pan has received a Kevlar buildup to fare and connect the tubs...then the BHB basher grinder rail that attaches at each end of the front clip assemblies clip.... The transmission, interior belly plate (which is tapped up through the BHB adapter plates) and front clip assemblies all received 10.9 grade lengthen fasteners, counter sunk ... messing with electronics and waiting on the rest of my DHAWK parts.. Its gonna be worth the wait!! Jimmy and I have became quite close... He is the machinist at Dhawk....Some day you might see a DHAWK XLX ...

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 10-02-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Ive got a stock set up but it just doesn't seem right... maybe for a test run... and of course the DHAWK setup is going in the back..... testing testing 1.2.3 testing...

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-20-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #17
RCC Addict

plus I've got a bumper or a wheelie bar now boys !!!!

Anyone ever have any luck on the (FRONT) traction/torsion bar setup? I've possibly have a whole new concept.. more time and work.... I'd rather use the stock setup but I can't remember one good review..
Old 03-20-2016, 10:29 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Well I may be a DEADMAN in the morning....

Thanks to JUMPIT I made sure to get the (((Truggy 1700kv sensored/sensorless))) THANKYOU JUMPIT for your vids !!!

MMX sensored

and couldn't forget the sensor cable

PRO DRONE LAST WEEK....1,200$
THE RTR IN DECEMBER PLUS REPAIR 3,000 $
NOW THE XLX BUILD..PLUS 312 $ FOR THIS SHIT ALONE... FN DUMB
SOME ONE KICK ME IN THE BALLS..PLEASE

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-20-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 PM   #19
RCC Addict

the T8 comes with one...
Old 03-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
SOME ONE KICK ME IN THE BALLS..PLEASE
I just spit my drink on my laptop screen, I love it!
sparwood is offline   Reply With Quote

BHB custom Yeti XLX - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BHB HC Crawler video BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 4 03-17-2016 09:29 PM
Yeti custom rear subframe Ti braces Crazykev Axial Yeti 12 12-28-2015 09:28 PM
What do I need to make my own custom yeti output? Tgreer Tools, and Procedures 0 04-19-2015 08:22 AM