Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Question for those with Yeti and Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #1

Default Question for those with Yeti and Wraith

So I was out of the hobby for a long time and am just getting back into again. I picked up an SCX10 unlimited kit to make a scale replica of my Wrangler and plan on taking it easy on that when its done. So I wanted something I could bash around with in the dirt, sand, do a little rock crawling just all purpose fun machine so I was looking at the Wraith. Then the Yeti came out and I am a bit confused, they are both dubbed as rock racers so is the Yeti just a better Wraith out of the box or what role does one play that the other can't? If they are both rock racer, basher, crawlers I just don't understand why you would pick one over the other, could someone that has both explain the differences in what they do so I can make a more informed choice? I like the look of both but it sounds like the front end and electronics are better in the Yeti. Thanks
A8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Question for those with Yeti and Wraith

The Yeti is geared more towards Ultra4 racing and all around bashing with some light crawling. The IFS front end is better for higher speed handling.
The wraith is inherently better for crawling with a solid, locked front axle.
The old RTR wraith was reasonably durable out of the box, maybe add some aluminum knuckles for durability. The Poison Spyder RTR wraith has the same wheel and hub weaknesses as the yeti, but with less power out of the box it wasn't as big a concern.
The yeti is showing some certain need for new slw hubs and axle hex adapters.

Either way they are both lots of fun, but the wraith is a better technical crawler and the yeti is faster and slightly more versatile one the weaknesses have been addressed.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #3

Thank you, that helps.
A8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

RTR for RTR, I prefer the Yeti. The wraith kit version comes with a lot of goodies though. If you want a wraith, I would go that route and add your own power combo. The Yeti comes brushless out of the box, the Wraith RTR is brushed. I loved my Wraith, but it doesn't handle well at speed. I think I am actually going to do another SCX10 to go with the Yeti since they are farther apart from each other.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote

Question for those with Yeti and Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM