Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Project RoadRash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project RoadRash

Not going to be able to make it. Need to be back in Brooklyn this coming weekend. Figures!
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Can't believe this thread had no rating... Awesome build Coma! Rated 5*
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #203
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Can't believe this thread had no rating... Awesome build Coma! Rated 5*

Thanks a bunch DickyT very much appreciated!! More to come!!
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #204
Rock Crawler

Default Project RoadRash

Well with the snow finally gone I managed to do some stuff to the yeti in between trying to get the g6 rigs ready for rausch.

We had a local shop do a demo day with traxxas and axial didn't want to give any demo rigs for it. The locals including myself went over and let the general public run some of our rigs. I brought my bone stock falken for people to try.

I wanted to have my new look for the yeti done, I had a custom wrap done by freqisKinz a couple months ago so I got busy and put that on.

The demo day was a blast! Think we got a lot of new people hooked to the hobby! The yeti did break at the end of the day, I took a jump to clear the rock garden area we had setup but came a little short, thought I came off the throttle quick enough but still managed to snap the BMRC spool output shaft.

Contacted Erik to see what I can upgrade to. Will keep people updated! Ohh also withe the current setup it flys very nicely through the air now. Still a little front heavy but it's manageable now.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #205
Rock Crawler

Man youR yeti sure has come a long way from where it started..nice work come! Hope you get the spool straightened out ��
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasco View Post
Man youR yeti sure has come a long way from where it started..nice work come! Hope you get the spool straightened out

Thabk! Yeah I guess I could go with the bigger one, but I guess he has started on the titanium shafts for the stock locker??

All I got left that I really want to do is the steering servo, I have it but it's the same one im running in my honcho so I'm going to wait until after the G6 to install it so I'll have a spare
Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #207
RCC Addict

It has come a long way! Not finished yet either! I looked into my crystal ball...

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
It has come a long way! Not finished yet either! I looked into my crystal ball...

-Jason

Hahaha thanks for the kind words Jason! Hmm what else can I do it! Lol. I'm sure there will be something....always is
Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #209
Quarry Creeper

Very nice build, and a great thread. Titanium shafts you say? Interesting.
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #210
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig n tahoe View Post
Very nice build, and a great thread. Titanium shafts you say? Interesting.

Yep! DLux Fab. Uses the axial locker but with his titanium outputs
Old 05-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #211
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
Yep! DLux Fab. Uses the axial locker but with his titanium outputs
Here's a picture of the D-lux fab outputs for the stock axial locker that I just finished setting up in my yeti. I've read this build start to finish a few times now and it along with Dicky-T's build have made getting the d-lux setup installed properly easy as could be so hats off to you guys for that and awesome build
crawler02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #212
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler02 View Post
Here's a picture of the D-lux fab outputs for the stock axial locker that I just finished setting up in my yeti. I've read this build start to finish a few times now and it along with Dicky-T's build have made getting the d-lux setup installed properly easy as could be so hats off to you guys for that and awesome build

Can't wait for mine to show up!

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you found these threads useful. I'm guessing you found the DLux front end fitment guide correct? I should update that a little now that I think of it.

I laugh cause many local dis the yeti a lot. Some have bought them and break a castor block and knuckle and say it's junk. Lol
Old 05-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #213
Quarry Creeper

A lot o peeps dis the yeti, I have a wraith set up to CRAWL,and it does it up here on Donner summit, WELL my I add. Ninja turtles yeti could do all the lines I could and more, and then he would put that thing in high gear and make are jaw drop.watched him beat the snot out of it jumping ,crawling, bashing. Never broke a thing. Broke rod ends on wraith tying to jump it once. It's to heavy for that crap. Just my .02 cents. Yeti is a all around great rig, it's all up to the DRIVER
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #214
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig n tahoe View Post
A lot o peeps dis the yeti, I have a wraith set up to CRAWL,and it does it up here on Donner summit, WELL my I add. Ninja turtles yeti could do all the lines I could and more, and then he would put that thing in high gear and make are jaw drop.watched him beat the snot out of it jumping ,crawling, bashing. Never broke a thing. Broke rod ends on wraith tying to jump it once. It's to heavy for that crap. Just my .02 cents. Yeti is a all around great rig, it's all up to the DRIVER

I agree, it's all driver. The times I broke mine I really shouldn't be doing what I was doing or it was me driving poorly

Project RoadRash - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire project for pede project Mdlopez1 Non Crawler RC's 2 04-21-2013 06:30 PM