Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Mamba X Mounting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Mamba X Mounting

How have people mounted the Mamba X? Is there a good way to do it without using two sided tape/velcro and/or zip ties?
zackerin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Mamba X Mounting

The double sided tape has been working great for me. Any reason why your not wanting to use it?
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #3

What type of tape are you using? No real reason I have against the tape just want to make sure it is secure as compared to some form of mechanical attachment.
zackerin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm using the 3M tape that came with my mamba X esc/motor combo or my Yeti kit, cant remember for sure. I mean I flipped, crashed, cartwheeled and it still hasn't come off. And if does sometime, I'll just get more and redo it I suppose. I have an Arrma Nero that ESC came off with the stock double sided tape that it came with out of the box. I went to Home Depot and got this Scotch/3M tape that was rated "Extreme". I used that and that ESC is not coming off without some prying. Good stuff.
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr1514 View Post
I'm using the 3M tape that came with my mamba X esc/motor combo or my Yeti kit, cant remember for sure. I mean I flipped, crashed, cartwheeled and it still hasn't come off. And if does sometime, I'll just get more and redo it I suppose. I have an Arrma Nero that ESC came off with the stock double sided tape that it came with out of the box. I went to Home Depot and got this Scotch/3M tape that was rated "Extreme". I used that and that ESC is not coming off without some prying. Good stuff.
Indeed. Far better than the "hook-and-loop" stuff.

DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mamba x

Mamba X Mounting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mounting Mamba Max Pro ESC in Rear GrimJeeper91 Axial Wraith 14 02-22-2015 06:16 PM
AX Link and shock mounting, Vs Berg mounting locations. BEELZEBOB Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 06-09-2009 04:04 PM
Mamba Max mounting.... TattooKenny Team Losi Comp Crawler 15 05-31-2009 11:16 AM
Mamba, Mamba, Mamba's **Just Recieved New Shipment** Along With Lots of Cool Stuff Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 17 09-16-2007 10:33 AM