Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling Fremont,Ca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Sweet, lets get a group together and hit up that site..
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
I joined the Band!

Send me a PM I am always down for some group crawling/scale runs. I go to Coyote Hills or Garin park in Fremont. I would have to pass on Bean since Salt water will eat my RC's alive.

Here are some more recent videos

http://vimeo.com/channels/58247

Last edited by grimgard; 01-08-2010 at 01:03 PM.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Lets just get a group together and go crawling somewhere. This weekend I'm going to Oakdale so maybe next weekend or something.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #24
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Lets just get a group together and go crawling somewhere. This weekend I'm going to Oakdale so maybe next weekend or something.
Sounds good to me. I'll send Jim a PM and PM you my cell phone number and maybe next weekend we can go somewhere.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #25
I joined the Band!

Heading out to Coyote Hills 9am to when ever. I'll have my cell phone with me so give me a call if your heading out.

I have my SCX10, AX10-Xtrail, and CC01 so I should be at least 2-3 hours.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
Sounds good to me. I'll send Jim a PM and PM you my cell phone number and maybe next weekend we can go somewhere.

PM sent before I saw these posts....I am 99.9% sure that the rig will be running by next weekend. I'll be scouting a place in Scott's Valley with a metal Detecting friend this Sunday. Its near a quarry, so it might have possibilities.

I am totally open to wherever you guys want to go. Either of you done little Yosemite or Sunol? Those spots are centrally located between us...Heres NorCals map once again for ideas...

JB
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #27
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
PM sent before I saw these posts....I am 99.9% sure that the rig will be running by next weekend. I'll be scouting a place in Scott's Valley with a metal Detecting friend this Sunday. Its near a quarry, so it might have possibilities.

I am totally open to wherever you guys want to go. Either of you done little Yosemite or Sunol? Those spots are centrally located between us...Heres NorCals map once again for ideas...

JB
Hey Jim, I am down for anything as well. I took my trucks out and got them good and muddy at Coyote today. Isn't Yosemite like 3-4 hours away? That's a bit far for me. I have been to Sunol and that has some good trail runs but not many rocks. There is also a creek to get wet in

Garin park is about the same as Sunol. I am free next weekend as well so give me a call/email/PM
Old 01-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
Hey Jim, I am down for anything as well. I took my trucks out and got them good and muddy at Coyote today. Isn't Yosemite like 3-4 hours away? That's a bit far for me. I have been to Sunol and that has some good trail runs but not many rocks. There is also a creek to get wet in

Garin park is about the same as Sunol. I am free next weekend as well so give me a call/email/PM
Not the "real" Yosemite...Check out that Norcal link above for Little Yosemite. It is near the Calaveras res. It seems central to all of us...I'll have to check out Garin park on Google...Looks like a ton or rocks. Almost like Mini hammers near Santa Teresa.

I am fine with Coyote as long as you can still shuttle us in from your house. It cost like $5 right?

Back to work for me...

Cruiser
Old 01-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #29
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
Not the "real" Yosemite...Check out that Norcal link above for Little Yosemite. It is near the Calaveras res. It seems central to all of us...I'll have to check out Garin park on Google...Looks like a ton or rocks. Almost like Mini hammers near Santa Teresa.

I am fine with Coyote as long as you can still shuttle us in from your house. It cost like $5 right?

Back to work for me...

Cruiser
Yea I have been to that Sunol park but have no idea how to get to little yosemite. My parking pass gets us in free to all of the East Bay Regional Parks I don't mind driving either, plus my truck can seat 7 people and plenty of RC's. Anyways I am down for any place semi local.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Cant beat the $50 dollar parking permit for EBRP. As much fishing as I do that thing has been the greatest.

Careful going to Coyote Hills. NO RC's of any kind are allowed. Few years back we were going there and got kicked out. If you go to the top of the hill and are on the backside you are golden. Some of the regional park police are kinda aholes and wont blink an eye when it comes to writing up a ticket.

You guys ever been to the creek at lake elizabeth? Would be a cool spot to go and screw around. Tables and BBQ are right there....I have a few deep cycles batteries to bring for charging up batteries. I need to get myself a crawler asap.

NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #31
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
Cant beat the $50 dollar parking permit for EBRP. As much fishing as I do that thing has been the greatest.

Careful going to Coyote Hills. NO RC's of any kind are allowed. Few years back we were going there and got kicked out. If you go to the top of the hill and are on the backside you are golden. Some of the regional park police are kinda aholes and wont blink an eye when it comes to writing up a ticket.

You guys ever been to the creek at lake elizabeth? Would be a cool spot to go and screw around. Tables and BBQ are right there....I have a few deep cycles batteries to bring for charging up batteries. I need to get myself a crawler asap.

Dude I know where that park is! it's like 10 min from my house and I never thought of going there. Thanks for the pictures. I got kicked once from Coyote hills but since they have cut back on rangers because of the budget I never see one and if I do I am already on top of the moutian.

Do you have a scaler or any RC's? Would you be interested in having a GTG? So far Me, Cruisehead, and Anoodle are down for so RC fun. PM me if your interested. We are planningsomething for Saturday 1/16/10

****EDIT***
I have a Hockey game (sharks) on saturday so maybe Sunday.

Last edited by grimgard; 01-12-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Hockey game
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

As of right now, no crawler, just a brushless slash. Sold everything a few years back and got myself a husqvarna supermoto. Kick myself in the ass but oh well. Got the itch again, bad. Think I'm gonna pick up a axial honcho in the next few weeks or so. If you guys go out let me know, I'm always down to go shoot some pics (another expensive hobby).
What part of Fremont do u live in? I grew up in Irvington and now live by Stevenson/cedar.....
Brian
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #33
I joined the Band!

By Decoto and Paseo parkway, I grew up in San Mateo and moved here 6 years ago. I'll let you know when we go out. Hurry up and get your Honcho
Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #34
I joined the Band!

Hey Norcal 2500HD I went to Lake Elisabeth and did some mudding in my CC01. It's a bit small but was fun for a short run

Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Lets go out, saturday
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Grim, Those pictures are not doing it for me. I can't drive to Fremont to drive in 50' of mud and human placed sparse rocks. Closer is usually always best because it's close....lol. I just watched the news and Saturday is going to be it. The rain is suppose to come hard as he11 on Sunday and last for a bit. I need some serious wheeling action for the Cruisers debut. I am still willing to do Bean if you are up for going Anoodle. if you dont want to drive that far, we can meet somewhere else.

Sharks are chum Grim, sell that ticket and go wheeling Sat.....LOL Guess you will have to go some other time..

JB
Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #37
I joined the Band!

Yea its all good. I wouldn't go back to lake elisabeth either. To short. It's not suposed to start raining untill Sunday evening but its cool if you guys want to go Saturday.

I am still going to the Sharks game wouldn't miss it

If you guys go Saturday post some pictures! I'll just go at it solo Sunday unless you guys are up for a run before the rain starts Sunday night.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #38

Im interested in getting together for some crawlin also
Ive slowly been checking out all the local crawl spots

dana rock park has alot but im turned off by the beer bottles broken everywhere

mini hammers was great need to explore more there

hobo rocks I looked at and has potential

Santa Trease park I drove around but didnt see anything so need to explore there

I really want to see Linda Vista Park and Little Yosemite

next sunday anyone ? ? or thursday
four12unner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by four12unner View Post
Im interested in getting together for some crawlin also
Ive slowly been checking out all the local crawl spots

dana rock park has alot but im turned off by the beer bottles broken everywhere

mini hammers was great need to explore more there

hobo rocks I looked at and has potential

Santa Trease park I drove around but didnt see anything so need to explore there

I really want to see Linda Vista Park and Little Yosemite

next sunday anyone ? ? or thursday
I am down for local scale/crawling PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number. I can also get in contact with JIM and Anoodle so we can try and get as many people as we can.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Yeah the lake spot is kinda small. But its close so what can you do.

Niles Canyon has TONS of spots. Only issue is parking. Or once you go into the canyon from Mission you veer right onto old canyon road. Park in the lot on the left and walk back about 50 yards and theres plenty of places to hit up.