Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sonoma County Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloyota View Post
Damn...Thats my last day of community service..I might head up there that night to party and done some night wheeling..

I like the snow,keeps thing interesting and makes it more fun..
There is no snow at Cow Mnt. If you want snow, Mendocino Nat Forest is the closet. Snow is overrated...too much work after some one gets stuck.

There is only one play area that is technical the rest are fire roads or trails for dirt bikes. 99% of the terrain can be driven in a 2wd vehicle. Not scary...

The comp comes first for me, but I would go the following weekend. Mothers say is Sunday the 11th.

thanks Jake, the clutch adjustment tip worked just fine.
Rockhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #282
Rock Crawler

i know cow mountain doesnt get much snow,but i have been there with about 6" of snow and it only lasted about a couple of hours..Pilsbury gets a fair amount snow during big storms.
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #283
Rock Crawler

There is only one play area that is technical the rest are fire roads or trails for dirt bikes. 99% of the terrain can be driven in a 2wd vehicle. Not scary...

I did'nt think it was a big deal, the last time I was up there, I brought my baja 5b, drove all the way up there and the damn gate was closed! So technically I never made it past the gate!

The comp comes first for me, but I would go the following weekend. Mothers say is Sunday the 11th.

Yeah, I agree, how about the weekend of the 17th?
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #284
Quarry Creeper

Default Reply to Jake

Seems like the thread is a little dead lately? What's everyone been up too??

I'll be the first to admit to it building better rigs for the next comp . And mums the word for what I've got planed . But now I have time on my hand to make my rig better . More time than money alway helps on making your rigs better . But I'll spend what ever it takes because I'm to deep into what I have to time out . I want to win just like everyone else out there ! So lets all admit to wanting to making our rigs better to beat the man behind the big picture of the comp . He has his plans on the next comp , So do we !
"But lets all have FUN doing it " cant wait till the 10th may ! see ya soon .
CRAWLIN 4 FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #285
RCC Addict

Here ya go guys!

For more info, click here

Please spread the word on the event!!!!
Attached Images

JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #286
Rock Crawler

Can't wait Jake! Already itching.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #287
Rock Crawler

Hey! The Crawl Club Logo! Gawrsch, I'm so proud.
Tee Hee.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #288
Rock Crawler

By the way, Daddy's got a new pair of shoes! We'll see how these work later today. Anybody going to the Bridge later?

Old 04-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #289
RCC Addict

Chris: Those new rims and Flat Iron tires look great on the project truck!!!

Peter: Hey Man! Let's go Compin'! I've got some new tricks up my sleeve for the courses, should be a blast!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #290

Chris that yota is looking better and better. And, Jake that skull logo is awsome.

I am up is Sac at a friends for the weekend. Took a cruse by Capital RC (near my friends) to spy out their indoor dirt track.. you can run nitro and electric...pretty cool place..lots of pit space that is walled off from the track.

Jake , your store sure looks better all the time. Now all you need is an indoor track and you would have the best combined shop in nor-cal.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #291
Rock Stacker

Yea Chris I'm lovin your truck, I'm just waiting for you to finally buy an Axial.
Chevy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #292
RCC Addict

Rudy: Chris did the logo ... and some other stuff you guys will find out about soon! Thanks for the compliment on the shop. I'd like a track, or tracks too ... Do you want to buy the building and give me super cheap rent?

Justin: You guys didn't miss a thing with the Monster Trucks ... We should have given you guys our tickets, as we only stayed about an hour ... We spent 1/2 of that trying to find seats and then were so squished in, that Nathan just couldn't hang (either could I!). I can't believe how they over sold that stadium and did nothing about it. There were so many pissed off people!

All: Anyone get in any crawling this weekend??
Old 04-28-2008, 03:17 AM   #293
Rock Stacker

Aww well I'm alright I went Friday too and it wasn't packed but I think my dad will be happier knowing that it was like a can of tuna in there.

Last edited by Chevy Crawler; 04-28-2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: because I cant spell
Chevy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #294
Rock Crawler

I could hear the Monster Trucks all the way at my house on the north end of town. I can't imagine how loud it must have been sitting there.
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #295
RCC Addict

Got a Comp thread started .... In the Comp section (of course).

I started doing layouts, I think you guys will be pleased with the courses again .... Also planning a new obstacle or two, think sidehill driving .... Really looking forward to the Comp, hope you guys are too!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
Got a Comp thread started .... In the Comp section (of course).

I started doing layouts, I think you guys will be pleased with the courses again .... Also planning a new obstacle or two, think sidehill driving .... Really looking forward to the Comp, hope you guys are too!

I'll be there with all four wheels...thanks Jake
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #297

Found a new spot (new to me, anyway) in Santa Rosa. It is just off Fountaingrove and is not yet listed in Santa Rosa city parks directory. Lake Nagasawa. Approx ¾ of a mile up the west side of Fountaingrove Parkway. You will turn left just past Altruria Dr, which will be on your right. The turn for the lake is NOT marked so watch carefully. Here is a link to yahoo maps that shows the lake name as Fountaingrove Lake.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEx...716256&zoom=17

Walk up the hill to the left of the boat ramp and you will find a pile of rocks better suited for supers…then if you continue on the trail a short walk will bring you across the dam to the spill way…also good for supers. But, if you continue on across the spill way you will fin the Rock Wall of Death. I did about a 100 yards of the wall as an out and back…what a blast not sure how far the wall continues will check out he whole thing nest time. There are also natural stone piles to play on both sides of the wall. Oh yea, watch out for Snakes…this is their house…and the poison oak is look’s fresh…who said RC crawli’n isn’t dangerous…any way PM me if you have trouble finding it. No parking fee, no rangers (Mike and Lance should like that)…some of the photos did not up load...oh well...keep all 4 wheels on the ground..
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #298

more pics
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #299
Rock Crawler

That place looks great. I think I've driven through there looking for rock piles. Only did a drive by, never actually got out and walked around.
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #300

Thats a pretty cool lake, I went there a while ago before i had my ax10 to do some fishing and there were tons of rocks everywhere with nobody around.
thehackman15 is offline   Reply With Quote