Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sonoma County Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #461
Quarry Creeper

Default Slash Bash

Got mine on Friday, ready to bash when were?
CRAWLIN 4 FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #462
RCC Addict

Anyone thinking about hitting the Manteca Comp in two weeks?
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #463
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
I am, We have some good stuff for the winners
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #464
RCC Addict

What about the last place guys, do they get anything cool?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #465
TEAM RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
im down
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #466
Rock Crawler

I am thinking about it. Won't really know till after this week.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #467
RCC Addict

Who's got a short bus we can car pool in? We'd have to leave pretty early .... But it sounds like fun!

I guess we'll figure this one out after I actually build my crawler for the Donnor Comp (in 4 days!) .....
Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #468

Manteca sounds like fun. I have a potential commitment for that week-end and cannot commit to go to Manteca until the last moment.
Off the crawler subject just for a moment....went to Lakeport last Sunday, to watch the races. Low and behold, they had a Slash Class with 6 entrants! What a blast to whatch. So there you have it, Lakeport on Sundays for a Slash Bash.... Sorry for the bad photos, 800x600 is all she,ll take and this is edited down to it...
Attached Images

Last edited by Rockhabit; 07-16-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Rockhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #469
RCC Addict

Rudy: Saw you this afternoon, I was turning left onto Parktrail in Santa Rosa, going for a hike with Oliver .... Waved, but I think it was too late ...

There's a group of our lacals heading up to Lakeport this Sunday, they are bringing their Slash's!

Crawler stuff: Hope to give my new ride a test run tomorrow after work. Got a few more hours to put into it, but she's lookin' SWEET! Anyone interested in a quick evening crawl under the 101, around 7:30, call me in the afternoon and I'll let ya know what's up! 586-3375
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #470
Quarry Creeper

Default Thur night crawl

I'll bee there 7:00 - 7:30 ready or not no body panels need some wheel time Jake is going. per store phone call to shop.
CRAWLIN 4 FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #471
Rock Crawler

Well how did the new rig work Jake? Good luck to all the Sonoma County guys going to Donner this weekend.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #472
RCC Addict

The new rig checked out ok. It's really hard to tell right now, it went up some stuff like it was flat, and then other spots it got tricky .... I wish I had more time to tweak it, I'd like to try different foams, etc ... But, I think Dean and I will head off and find some granite tomorrow afternoon/evening up at the comp site.

The dig got me in some trouble, mostly on the downhills. I REALLY need practice time with that! I fumbled for the button too many times.

Overall though, I'm stoked to have the rig finished and I think it will outclass my last one by far.

Tonight, Nathan and I assembled another set of rims with Panthers. Nathan took all the screws out of the rims and then I built them up. That's a lot of screws for a 3 year old!!!

Thanks to Lance, my body isn't the usual yellow ... You guys will have to check it out! I'll try to snap some pics and load them before I leave ... but, if I don't get time then I'll post some and event pics when I get home.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #473
Pebble Pounder

hey guys Im new to the site but not to crawlin' I went to 2 0f the 3 comps jake has put on. I came in last at my first comp. than came in 6th in the last comp. I got 12 overall in all the comps. I know of some fun spots to crawl at Im in Windsor so someone hit me up @ hammackchris @yahoo.com or Call me @ 707-331-8644. Im always lookin for some new people to crawl with.
bluc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:38 AM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentrodder View Post
Well how did the new rig work Jake? Good luck to all the Sonoma County guys going to Donner this weekend.
Yeah, Sonoma County, bring home the Gold....
Old 07-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #475
RCC Addict

Well, rock Crawling Fans, Dean and I are back home in Sonoma County .... Sun burned, tired, and ready for more!

Overall, it was an awesome event! We both would have been more suited for the Novice class on Sunday, but we took our lumps and learned a lot today. The top drivers made the courses look easy, we struggled on some, did ok on others. The courses were all doable, we know this because the top dogs ended up with -50's .... That's right, we were intimidated, they walked all over the course!

The granite rocks up there on the Donnor ranch are absolutely awesome! The whole place is really cool. And, to top it off, the WE Rock 1:1's were off the hook with coolness! The r/c course overlooked the whole 1:1 layout, one course even ended a few feet from the Axial tent.

The fans for WE Rock are crazy. They stand less than 10 feet from the rigs as the blast the course, often having to jump back if one comes too close. It's a big family oriented sport though, which was really nice to see.

I didn't get a chance to take as many pics as I would have liked, but here's a few to give you guys the idea. The courses are much, much, much more challenging than they look in the pics .... Check out the mud box they had, the only part of the courses that I think was a bad idea (but maybe that's just me, I didn't appreciate having to scrub tires, most likely ruined a set of foams, and my chassis is a mess!).

Like I said though, overall it was a great experience. The judges were awesome, very helpful and positive guys. I learned a lot about time management, lines and thinking out side the box, damage control, the mental side of driving, my new dig, and realized I need MORE practice!!!!

You guys shoulda-been there!

More soon,
Jake
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #476
RCC Addict

Glad you had a good time. wish I could made it but I'm fixing the comp rig for my son to use next weekend's comp
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #477
I joined the Band!

Jake,
cant even tell what tires you are running..:-(:-(
that SUCKS!!!!
nuts5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #478

Those are some yuky tires....Not to sure I like the idea of a mud pit either. Man those 1:1 look awsome...did Brian compete? Wish I could have been there too...Glad you guys had a great time and can't wait to hear about more details and what you have learned.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #479
RCC Addict

Posted up some more pics and a little report (click here) on the JPH site.

I'm not sure how Bryan finished up in the WE Rock comp? On Saturday he was upside down and needed to get winched out .... Post up Bryan!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #480
RCC Addict

OK guys, how about the Manteca Comp?? Mapquest has it listed as 2 hours from the shop, only 114 miles ..... So, who's in and who's driving??? We need to sign up bu Thursday, so they can set the running order (but I'd guess that last sign-ups would be ok). They've got 20 something sign-ups already, should be a good time.

Post up, e-mail me, or call the shop and let's get this figured out!