Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sonoma County Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #401
TEAM RCC

sweet jake will need to get you out and test a few more times before the nats at donner. i hope that i can swing the 1.1 comp and the 2.2 comp. did the rims come in yet
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #402
RCC Addict

You've been to Donnor right? Anywhere around here have rocks like that?? Were can we test? I've got a ton of changes ot do to the rig! At least the Novice Class can't have a dig, so that's a plus (I've haven't used one yet). But, I'd like to hit that event with Maverick Chassis, so it's time to get in the computer seat an start th cad work!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #403

Boy howdy, my wifes retirement party is on the 19th...another event I have to miss. Although I will drive up on Sunday to watch and cheer on any Sonoma county guys in the running.....:-P
Rockhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #404
Rock Crawler

hey Jake, Do you have them in stock? i might need a back up set of gears..

besides buy some parts online your the only shop i spend my money at..
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #405
RCC Addict

Comp Flyer!
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #406
RCC Addict

Ok Crawler Guys and Gals, it's time to plan for R/C Crawler Competition #3!

June 14th is the date, Jake's Performance Hobbies is the place!

Tech and signups start at 9:30am, Driver's meeting at 10:00am, comp to start shortly after.

2.2 Comp class and 2.2 Sport class. Entry Fees are $5.00

E-mail me with questions at JPHRacing001@aol.com or give a call to the shop at 707-586-3375

See the flyer below for the basic info ....
Details can be found at www.jphracing.com

A big thank you goes out to these great companies who have donated prizes for our Drivers Raffle!
JConcepts
Team Losi
Novak
Mayhem Engineering
Stage 3 Racing
Pro-Line Bodies
and www.prolineaccessories.com for their special "Hard-Luck" Award!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #407
RCC Addict

Posted up the Series standings so far. Click here for the info

Keep in mind the standings may change when guys who have only hit one comp so far attend the 3rd comp!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:57 AM   #408
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=JPH Racing;1213569]You've been to Donnor right? Anywhere around here have rocks like that?? Were can we test?

i have been to Donner for 1:1 comps. not really sure where they are gonna run the RC comp at. do not really remember any area with small(er) rocks. i am thinking about entering the Axial comp. just trying to secure my buddies cabin in Tahoe before pulling the trigger on entry fees. so far the wife and daughter are going up with me.

you can always come and run the "Debris Pile" in my backyard. lotso' rock, wood etc. etc........... it is in kenwood. also, i spied a good area in Glen Ellen along the creek that looked promising.

BTW thanks for the help getting my Rooster Crawler and motor hooked up for me last week, i appreciated that.

MPI driveshafts for the scorpion in yet?

Nick
8onick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #409
RCC Addict

Nick: They say it's only 1/4 mile from the lodge, or from the parking lot? Never been there, so I'm not sure. I'm thinking about bringing my mountain bike! Or, at least a little red wagon to haul my stuff up the hill!

We're thinking about taking a run over to Folsom for some testing. I think the rocks there might be close, plus I need to tune for the vertical climbs and off cambers ... But, I'd like to stop bye and crawler your backyard test zone sometime in the future!

Are you all ready for the comp?? Did you do up some new panels??
---------------------
Dean: Did you get signed up???
Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #410
Pebble Pounder

I am in! Just need to get a few setup changes done and start practicing. Probably doesn't matter where, just need wheel time.
TS7867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #411

You can go here http://www.donnerskiranch.com/ and look at the photos and map but you can't see much. That area is a combination of granite and volcanic rock. More than likely it will be held on volcanic rather than granite rock. This is speculation on my part and rock knowledge of the area. The reason I am leaning toward volcanic is the surface area of that type of rock holds more surface grip and ilregularities (sp?) in the stone. Smooth vrs rough? Anybody got any other ideas?
Rockhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #412
Pebble Pounder

well, i remember an area with a lot big rocks, and lots of dust that would be about 1/4 mile form the parking lot. sticky, sticky tires will be the order of the day i would guess. the wagon is a good call. i think they are providing transpo up the hill, but i'd rather just be self reliant.

backyard course is pretty good. lot of rock, and a couple of steep climbs. i just scored some 3'x4' concrete pavers to make some long steep climbs with. i just saw a vineyard being put in and they have about 30 tons of field stone pulled out and mounded. i'm gonna go run that, and then load about 2 tons in the truck. my wife just gave me the cease order on bringing home any more rock, but she will not notice 2 more tons........ we could plan a morning thing run it if you want. i work nights, so evenings are tough. next week i'll be around on wed. evening though. bring your kid, i have a 2 year old. open invite to all.

nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
Nick: They say it's only 1/4 mile from the lodge, or from the parking lot? Never been there, so I'm not sure. I'm thinking about bringing my mountain bike! Or, at least a little red wagon to haul my stuff up the hill!

We're thinking about taking a run over to Folsom for some testing. I think the rocks there might be close, plus I need to tune for the vertical climbs and off cambers ... But, I'd like to stop bye and crawler your backyard test zone sometime in the future!

Are you all ready for the comp?? Did you do up some new panels??
---------------------
Dean: Did you get signed up???
8onick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #413
RCC Addict

If it's at the same spot as last year it is should be pretty challenging. They had spots all over the top of the hill encompassing a bunch of different terrain. One course was set-up on a granite slab that have plenty of notches and v-cracks. Another course had a combination of some serious side hills, undercuts and dirt patches that killed traction. The last course I remember even had three 15ft long cables bolted to the rock that traversed a 3ft deep mini canyon. All-in-all some exciting terrain!
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #414
RCC Addict

yeah, I remember seeing the cables in a mag write up .... Guess it's time to look at back issues and check out the courses!

This was the same event that you built your crawler while your wife drove you up there ... right??
Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #415
RCC Addict

found it!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97809976767721
Old 06-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #416
RCC Addict

Quote:
yeah, I remember seeing the cables in a mag write up .... Guess it's time to look at back issues and check out the courses!
I still have the issue that I was in if you want me to bring it to the shop?

Quote:
This was the same event that you built your crawler while your wife drove you up there ... right??
The one and only, I was so car sick from four hours of trying to assemble 3mm nuts and bolts:-(.

Can't wait for this year, I think so much has changed since then (not a even a single AX10 in that vid!)

Any plans for lodging? I cantfind a camp site or hotel to save my life
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #417
RCC Addict

Dean and I are splitting a room. Brian mentioned camping at the 1:1 spot, at their pit space, you might check in with him.

I can't even look at a map while someone else is driving, there's NO WAY I could turn an allen wrench for 4 hours!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #418
RCC Addict

Hey Guys, good news! Looks like we should be getting the MIP CVD's in by Friday!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #419
RCC Addict

Comp day is tomorrow! See everyone bright and early!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #420
Rock Stacker

Thanks Jake for the awesome comp, I was disappointed with my scores but whatever I still had fun and got a bad ass novak setup so it was a great day! courses were good very challenging, can't wait till the next set of comps.
Chevy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote