Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #1281
BCM
Rock Stacker

You can make your own tow strap they are very easy, there are several post on how. I made a couple and they came out great, using shoe string, glue, and heat shrink. check it out. I would love to be at the G6 at Folsom Lake tomorrow but it's my Daughters Birthday. I had alot of fun at the Reno G6 and will be at the next Reno G6 on 03/12/2011
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #1282
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
I will be heading out to folsom lake at dattons point today around 10:30
Damn I want to go hella bad but I don't want to make my rig dirty before the comp tomorrow :(
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #1283
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Damn I want to go hella bad but I don't want to make my rig dirty before the comp tomorrow :(
I still have your pull-pall see you tomorrow

Last edited by rockwalker; 03-04-2011 at 05:30 PM.
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #1284

Default G6

If I'm just coming out to watch the G6, what would be a good time to get there?
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #1285

The tech check in usually starts at 8 and the fun begins by 9. Make sure you bring a camera if you have one
scalinrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #1286

I thought I would do a quick cut and paste to make sure everyone knows where the G6 is happening.....
Here is the location of the comp:
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=38....0~&FORM=LMLTCC

Parking is across the road from the Rodeo Arena and its a short walk down to the river.

If you need confirmation you can check out this thread on RECON
http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/...duex-t815.html
Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #1287
Rock Crawler

you guy's who made the G6 today, do you think the area on the white stage we used, is an alternative to going to folsom point. i understand it's totally different terrain, but did you see some area that you could spend a couple of hours at, and not get bored. i knew the lower area was great just a long walk to get to there.

please post up your thoughts, i'm just looking for some feedback.

thanks John
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #1288
RCC Addict

I think any of the areas would work. Don't remember the colors but the 100 gate was pretty hard core for scaler even though it was pretty fun. What's your thoughts
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #1289
Rock Stacker

I only saw White and yellow and I wOuld spend more time on yellow than white but I don't think it was Folsom point comparable my dad and I went to Folsom point Friday and just re crawled all the known spot and found some new ones it was like the first day there all over again
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #1290
Pebble Pounder

I liked it alot. was hella fun. i liked it more then fp and dp jus cus its free and has endless trails the white course was pretty easy. yellow course was 100 gates it was tough but was sick. i would go anytime maybe tuesday???

Thanks to everyone that put it on. Hopefully you guys do another one in SAC soon!!!

Last edited by jscalecrawler; 03-06-2011 at 12:35 AM.
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #1291

I saw areas in all three stages that were similar to Folsom Point and Dotens. When Tom and I were at FP on Friday we both enjoyed the wide open area with so many challenges, some that were new. My experience at Dotens is similar.

The two big differences is obviously paying to park and maybe more importantly.......the Poison Oak. As long as the water stays down I would rather pay to park and go to either Dotens or Folsom Point then have to worry about poison Oak.......

So if anyone is looking to go play next week let me know I have some free time on my hands
Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #1292

I have to agree with Tom. I saw lots of terrain at the G6 that was similar to Folsom Point and Dotens. The two big differences were the cost of parking and.......The Poison Oak! The Poison Oak was pretty thick at the G6. As long as the water level stays down, I would prefer to stay away from Poison Oak.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #1293
Pebble Pounder

We need to start havin a comp once a month in SAC ... whut you guys think?????
Old 03-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #1294
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
we need to start havin a comp once a month in sac ... Whut you guys think?????
fosho
yjbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #1295
RCC Addict

Quote:
Do you want to do this with or without some sort of a scale club? I've talked to a few clubs about their idea of starting something here in Sacramento. I like the G6 concept but also like the regular scale comp and (James) finishline had a though about having 3 courses and 1 course a G6 type and the other 2 regular timed. Do we have a series with prizes for top 3 or 5 depending on how many compete for the whole series. Etc etc. Input welcome
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #1296
Rock Stacker

The g6 concept/rules are the best I have ever read about and ever been to. A penalty for backing up in a rig that weighs almost twice as much as a comp rig and is five times more top heavy I have a problem with that.
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #1297
BCM
Rock Stacker

Quote:

This is a great idea, it would be so much fun to have a local comp every month and get to now some local scalers. I'M IN LET ME KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO TO GET THIS STARTED.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #1298
Pebble Pounder

i like g6 rules but i would like alittle more stricter tech.. i like that thers no reverse pently and no hand of god, using your own winch with no penlty. havin a certain amount of scale items would hav to b a must. It would b cool to have somethg if you win. im fine with jus a trophy.. and braggin rights!! lol I think makin a club would probly be best and i like how each person has a scale buddy and it works on an honor system.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #1299
Rock Crawler

why do we have to have a "comp" to throw down some gates. as much as you guy's get out, get some tennis balls at Kmart, 20 for 8 bucks, better deal than wallyworld, dollar tree timer and have at it. i don't go out without gates and a timer, just in case i break out my comp rig for some practice. if everyone had 10 gates you could make a course as long as you want, or just make it a trail run with out time involved if you like.

thanks for the input on the G6 area. i want to get out there and run some sections we were going to use, but thought were too dangerous for the challenge. if anyone is interested in going i'll post up a few days early to let you know when, probably not till the 19th at the earliest, got the "Maddness" next saturday, can't wait.

John
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #1300
BCM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
why do we have to have a "comp" to throw down some gates. as much as you guy's get out, get some tennis balls at Kmart, 20 for 8 bucks, better deal than wallyworld, dollar tree timer and have at it. i don't go out without gates and a timer, just in case i break out my comp rig for some practice. if everyone had 10 gates you could make a course as long as you want, or just make it a trail run with out time involved if you like.

thanks for the input on the G6 area. i want to get out there and run some sections we were going to use, but thought were too dangerous for the challenge. if anyone is interested in going i'll post up a few days early to let you know when, probably not till the 19th at the earliest, got the "Maddness" next saturday, can't wait.

John
Yes Let us all now when you are going out, I'm going to try and make the next G6 Maddness next Saturday but I do have family comming to town, so we will see

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM