Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: (RTLC) SouthBay TechRocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

So...any action this weekend...trying to get out of the Honey do list...
I'm up for Sunday anywhere....!!!
Postclanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Id like to get out there. I just made some parts for my scx and I've been too lazy to get it back together. But I'm sure I'll have it pieced together by that time. What area do you live in?

GALtab meatclaws-tapatalk
inkdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

if I hadn't cracked my servo horn & I wasn't going to MotoGP this weekend I'd definitely be there.

As it is all this talk comparing a shafty to an MoA makes me think twice about modding this AX10 too far... The worst part is I want a 1.9 rig too... bah... need to quit reading this forum or I'll never get around to building a 1:1 rig....
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdaddy66 View Post
Id like to get out there. I just made some parts for my scx and I've been too lazy to get it back together. But I'm sure I'll have it pieced together by that time. What area do you live in?

GALtab meatclaws-tapatalk
I'm by 101 and Capitol EXpswy...but I'll travel wherever...I don't mind, I drive to Union City to race on road...I can travel your direction...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
if I hadn't cracked my servo horn & I wasn't going to MotoGP this weekend I'd definitely be there.

As it is all this talk comparing a shafty to an MoA makes me think twice about modding this AX10 too far... The worst part is I want a 1.9 rig too... bah... need to quit reading this forum or I'll never get around to building a 1:1 rig....
I want a scaler as well....just need to raise some cash....
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #26
RCC Addict

ah man, wish I could on sunday.. but out of the state.

I may crawl my mini gc3 on Saturday morning if I clean up the motor, since its close to dead.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Sunday is up in the air for me. Got a kids bday party goin on. But don't count me out
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:

ah man, I wanted to go to MOTOGP too. darn.

you could sell the ax, and buy a used xr.. only issue is that they are like the cookie monsters of cash. upgrade here and there etc. all adds up pretty fast.

but then again, most MOA lines in Monterey are really close to waters.. all other lines are pretty shafty friendly IMO, just need alittle more work than an MOA. like my mini took lines my MOA did, with a lot more work though, but it was a bit funner with the extra challenge.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post

you could sell the ax, and buy a used xr.. only issue is that they are like the cookie monsters of cash. upgrade here and there etc. all adds up pretty fast.

but then again, most MOA lines in Monterey are really close to waters.. all other lines are pretty shafty friendly IMO, just need alittle more work than an MOA. like my mini took lines my MOA did, with a lot more work though, but it was a bit funner with the extra challenge.
That's the allure to shafty scalers for me, the challenge. And a lil speed too
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Yeah, I was trying to think up some safety cord mechanism because there if the car falls, it's into the water... at least with a cable or something latched to you, you can pull it back before it goes bye bye.

I do enjoy the challenge of the ax10 though, totally agree 100%

I got a double whammy for motogp again this year, i'm being paid to be there, and the tickets were free.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #31
RCC Addict

good point, Haha.

ah you jerk, your sooo lucky.. oh well I got tv at the ready
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
good point, Haha.

ah you jerk, your sooo lucky.. oh well I got tv at the ready
tv's way better for this race anyway tbh, we're actually seeing if the DORNA guys can give us a live feed in the shack this year. last year was boring as hell since we couldn't watch the race very well.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
tv's way better for this race anyway tbh, we're actually seeing if the DORNA guys can give us a live feed in the shack this year. last year was boring as hell since we couldn't watch the race very well.
Ah nothing like being there live....the smell of fuel, hot metal, and sweaty leathers....tv doesn't give you smell - a vision....
Enjoy the race Crawford I'm jealous of any race...

As for the rest of us bums....I could swing a switch of days for getting the list done....rig pretty much prepped and ready...
You don't want to miss the b-day Meatwad...let's GTG
Old 07-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Nothing can beat watching a race in person. The sound, the smell. No high tech technology can beat the sound and view.

hmm, not sure, im getting really lazy with my mini, so i got no idea if i wil even get to get my motor cleaned out.. need to get it lathed.. but if i do, i will post back by thursday night or friday morning,
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying to think up some safety cord mechanism because there if the car falls, it's into the water... at least with a cable or something latched to you, you can pull it back before it goes bye bye.

I do enjoy the challenge of the ax10 though, totally agree 100%

I got a double whammy for motogp again this year, i'm being paid to be there, and the tickets were free.
Here's an idea. Buy one of those mini fishing poles from Walmart. Get some 20lb test on the reel and a carrabiner clip. You got yourself a hot safety setup. You'll never lose your rig and you might be able to cast it out to those "hard to reach" spots

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Sunday is up in the air for me. Got a kids bday party goin on. But don't count me out
It'll be Sunday if any day for me too. Gives me time to get my rig back together. Where's the spot gonna be? Don't wanna hit a dud for the gtg, but I wanna hit alum rock park

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdaddy66 View Post
It'll be Sunday if any day for me too. Gives me time to get my rig back together. Where's the spot gonna be? Don't wanna hit a dud for the gtg, but I wanna hit alum rock park

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
I'll do Alum rock...or we could try that spot next to 237 and McCarthy blvd...either day is ok with me...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Ah nothing like being there live....the smell of fuel, hot metal, and sweaty leathers....tv doesn't give you smell - a vision....
Enjoy the race Crawford I'm jealous of any race...

As for the rest of us bums....I could swing a switch of days for getting the list done....rig pretty much prepped and ready...
You don't want to miss the b-day Meatwad...let's GTG
HAha, thanks. After going there every year for the last like 5 years, I'd rather see everything that happens, yeah the deafening roar of the grand prix is awesome, but you can't see whats going on.

Quote:
Nothing can beat watching a race in person. The sound, the smell. No high tech technology can beat the sound and view.

hmm, not sure, im getting really lazy with my mini, so i got no idea if i wil even get to get my motor cleaned out.. need to get it lathed.. but if i do, i will post back by thursday night or friday morning,
Only hitech technology thats fun is using the spectrum analyzer to listen to the rider talk to the pits. problem is most don't speak english
Old 07-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Lol, anyways, got my mini situated... just need to get it plugged up, and bind free now..
Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys...I posted my rig on the scx thread if you wanna check it out

Here's the link
Daddy's [SIC] rig

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap