Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #781
Rock Crawler

P Rigger, the ax10 is a worthy rig get it. I have a TLT myself (no longer available)

Raul Duke you rock! congrats on the wins.

putting the yard back together, let you guys know when it's ready.

What exactly does a Parachute rigger do?
The Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #782

P Rigger -

First of all, welcome to the forum. As an owner, I too recommend the AX10 as a great way to get into crawling. I'm no machinist, and the kit requires no special abilities and lots of hop up stuff is readily available. If you've got the urge to build your own custom rig by all means go for it, but the AX10 gets you "on the rocks" without a lot of fuss.
TyBrittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #783

What exactly does a Parachute rigger do?[/quote]

In the Navy the rate is called "PR" We take care of all Aircrew survival equipment. Helmets, survival vests, flares, anti-g suits, you name it we do it. I live in the Linda Vista area BTW. Where about do you guys live?
P.rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #784
Rock Crawler

I live on the border of North Park and Hill Crest.
The Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #785
Quarry Creeper

I just moved to El Cajon, nice little house with two yards, one is RV parking with full hookups. I need to get some big rocks over there now. Who wants to crawl Friday, I have a new set of Losi Claws and wanna' see how they compare to the Rubicons.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #786

Default Where we at

I'm in Lakeside close to the rodeo grounds.

Yep Cheatin', I'll see you Friday. Hope to have my MSD rims and Claws too.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #787

PR, stick it out, I just retired last year. If you're in Chesterton, it was pretty nice. Lived on Daniel for 7 years. Now I'm in Lakeside. Which brings me to this question, is there any place local to crawl without climbing up the hill behind my house? Over by the egg farm off El Nopal. Heard Cactus Park had some decent rock gardens. Looking for Santee/Lakeside stuff.

Heh, Duh... Go back a page and you guys go to Cactus... Go figure.

PR: Only place that was local with the AX10 was Central Hobby ( hobby101.com ) and if I remember, they had an insane price on it, but that was December, and I'm old, so you may give them a call. They're off Black Mountain and Carol Canyon.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by markw; 02-06-2008 at 12:26 AM.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBrittain View Post
the AX10 gets you "on the rocks" without a lot of fuss.
Absolutly...and then as you want to step up, you can do so with the amount of aftermarket parts becoming available.

Me, I live in Santee, near Santana High School.
RedBullRockIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #789

I seen one at a Hobby store off of Convoy. Gonna wait 7-14 more days till taxes come in.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #790

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullRockIt View Post
Absolutly...and then as you want to step up, you can do so with the amount of aftermarket parts becoming available.

Same here, 3 way stop sign on El Nopal. We've met, I was almost your next door neighbor, but my offer was overturned by someone elses "better" offer. I'll probably see you in two weeks out at KOH.

Mark
Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #791

Default Finding the AX10

Hobby People started selling the AX10 about a month ago, and are beginning to stock replacement parts (but not hop up, as usual) - they have stores in El Cajon, Kearney Mesa, Escondido, and up into orange county. Their price is fairly comparable to eBay + shipping.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #792

Quote:
Hobby People started selling the AX10 about a month ago, and are beginning to stock replacement parts (but not hop up, as usual) - they have stores in El Cajon, Kearney Mesa, Escondido, and up into orange county. Their price is fairly comparable to eBay + shipping.
I was in there the other day and they didn't have them on the shelf. Their sale price back in December was 239.95. I went with HH since I was ordering one of his motors anyway, and he had $10 off any order over 75.

Ok, here's a question, where can I find Losi stuff locally? Hobby People doesn't seem to carry them. Would like to try some rock claws. And I think the Grappler body would look good. Right now I'll throw a black or camo paint job on the Betty Body.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #793
Quarry Creeper

Try RCP or RPP or CKRC or TCS or RC4WD...you get the hint. They are online and ship fast, check the vendor section on this here forum.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #794
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
Ok, here's a question, where can I find Losi stuff locally? Hobby People doesn't seem to carry them. Would like to try some rock claws.
Hobby Central in San Marcos has AX10's and Losi stuff they should be able to get some claws pretty quick for ya if they don't have any in stock. RCP is the best way to go I think.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullRockIt View Post
I was very close to being your next door neighbor. Had an offer in on the house in 2004. I remember you guys pulling up and saying hi with both buggies on the trailer. My wife was rolling her eyes and calculating the $$$ leaving the account when she saw that. As it was we didn't get the place and I'm over off El Nopal by the 3 way stop in Lakeside.

Probably a good thing, as my XJ still has a body on it. It'd probably be a full rock buggy by now had I moved in next door. I'll be out at KOH helping run camera crew around JV. Probably toss the AX10 in the RV for the trip. Hmm... Wonder if I could do back door with it.

Mark
Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #796

Family Hobbies in Santee sells Losi stuff, but selection can be limited. The only thing I buy there is lexan body trim - everything is cheaper on the net. Losipartshouse.com is very good.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #797

Any particular time anyone is out at Cactus, or Felicita?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #798

Default Another East County Spot

El Monte County Park east of Lakeside has some cool hill climb rock faces just off the parking area. Very challenging, very steep. Made it up some, wheel spun or fell back part way up others. There's one run at least 30 to 40 feet tall I'd like to see a super go for.
More stuff past the end of the parking area with great potential too. Will do a more complete exploration next time.

Julian Ave to El Monte Road heading east out of Lakeside. It's one of those 3.00 a car deals like Felicita.

Markw - Sorry we forgot to post up for crawling Friday at Cactus. We wondered why nobody showed.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #799

Quote:

Markw - Sorry we forgot to post up for crawling Friday at Cactus. We wondered why nobody showed.
Aside from the fact that most people work on Fridays.

Mark
Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #800

Whenever the next meet is Id like to come check it out. As long as its not too far away. Maybe give me some ideas on what to build mine like.