Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #1941
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=FDAapproved;1530295]I know I don't have much input value being new to the group, but this doesn't do much for me. I like it, but for a badass shirt I wish it could be more. I love the concept of extracting the outlines of the rig. I would like to see how you did it so I can develop some concepts and contribute. (do you have a link to a guide?)

I used illustrator to trace the truck. I don't have any guides or links, I just find a picture I like and place it in Illustrator, then I use the pen tool and start tracing the outline of the truck. It works out pretty cool, if you include all the detail. It can take some time but the result looks cool.
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #1942
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post

Who has these stickers, that is on the top of this guys rig?? I'm still waiting to get my share. Or is everyone just going out having them made for themselves?? I think the guys name is vegaracer, not sure. Anyone have any info on who has these stickers?? It was cool to see them on their rigs, now maybe I can be cool too? or not!

fonts, fonts, fonts galore.... so many to choose from.

carver I see a difference, I like the idea you mentioned too.
I made those stickers. There were two large sheet, one white and one black of different sizes. I had them originally for Carver, but he never picked them up, so I took them to an "almost" GTG at Flinn Springs Park a few weeks ago and gave them out to who ever was there. After everyone took what they wanted, someone took the rest to give away at the last comp so there should have been quite a few still around.

Steve
vegaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #1943
no talent hack

Quote:

Who has these stickers, that is on the top of this guys rig?? I'm still waiting to get my share. Or is everyone just going out having them made for themselves?? I think the guys name is vegaracer, not sure. Anyone have any info on who has these stickers?? It was cool to see them on their rigs, now maybe I can be cool too? or not!

fonts, fonts, fonts galore.... so many to choose from.

carver I see a difference, I like the idea you mentioned too.
i have them glenn, i just forgot them when i left to wohlford
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #1944
Rock Crawler

thanks vegaracer, can you make more? I don't have anything to trade yet, maybe just give up some cash. let me know what you think. Glenn
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #1945
Rock Crawler

Default WuT DA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
how do you not see a difference charlie?

also for stickers,
is the current logo something everyone wants?
i was playing around with fonts today at work and came up with some other stuff aswell

anyone have any preferences? i think we should use the current logo as the generic club sticker, but we need to find something different for the club members
Seriously Nabil, Ask yourself would you wear that shirt? I thought so. I know we can come up with somthing better than that. NO disrespect Glenn, Your work is great. I like your idea's, But I feel we need to all give input together and come up with somthing solid or we will never get them done. Let's figure this out somehow, Maybe a meeting or somthing at canyonside or wherever next week.
carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #1946
Rock Stacker

Quote:
thanks vegaracer, can you make more? I don't have anything to trade yet, maybe just give up some cash. let me know what you think. Glenn
Glenn, I can make all you want, and I have no problem taking money!
Only thing is I don't get out much so someone would need to come to Spring Valley to pick them up.

Steve
vegaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #1947
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaracer View Post
Glenn, I can make all you want, and I have no problem taking money!
Only thing is I don't get out much so someone would need to come to Spring Valley to pick them up.

Steve
Ay Steve,

I live in Chula Vista so I can pick them up from you. PM me and let me know when I can stop by.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #1948
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcat430d View Post
ups just stopped buy. got my new proline chisels. mounting up right now.

How much bigger are these compared to Claws or Panthers. I am looking to try a bigger tire
Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #1949
no talent hack

just so everyone knows stickers are already being made in the design above. i was just looking for a different design for the club member sticker. vegaracer can you pm me a price per sticker approx 3/4"x2". or a price for a 2x4 sheet full of them
Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #1950
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
Seriously Nabil, Ask yourself would you wear that shirt? I thought so. I know we can come up with somthing better than that. NO disrespect Glenn, Your work is great. I like your idea's, But I feel we need to all give input together and come up with somthing solid or we will never get them done. Let's figure this out somehow, Maybe a meeting or somthing at canyonside or wherever next week.
i understand what you are saying. the issue is that i am trying to limit it to 2 colors for cost reasons. im sure we can get them cheaper if we had them thermal printed on a hanes-t. however, i am trying to get everyone a quality silk screened graphic on a nice shirt that wont shrink the first time it goes into the dryer

we are going to have to pay for each screen to be done, and each color will require a different screen.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #1951
Rock Crawler

Then we should do one color for the design and get quality shirts so they will last longer. Deal!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #1952
Rock Crawler

thanks guys for clearing this up. I'm all ears for helping out with the design, just stoked to be able to help out, free help is always a plus. one color, two color, four color it's all good, I'm sure you guys will come up with something to represent S.D.

vegaracer thanks for your response, the black market rules the world.

by the way anyone going to the comp at lake forrest, have fun and kick some ass, I won't be able to make this one. remember stagger, stagger, crawl-crawl, stagger -(yellowbeard)

Last edited by RCHuffer; 01-26-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #1953
Rock Crawler

I might be checking out this spot tomorrow. Nabil I know you kinda live in this area have you been here?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=18
Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #1954
no talent hack

thats a water district building which you cannot get into (gated driveway)

you would have to hike in from here
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 AM   #1955
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
Then we should do one color for the design and get quality shirts so they will last longer. Deal!

i'm think'in that everyone makes their "own" shirt ....sorta like the rc crawlers...i know many of you could start with the same brand or something.....i would like a pocket....

hat, sweat shirt, flannel ....
3Samudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #1956
Rock Crawler

Let's just screen print on the back of some "Members Only" jackets. We would not have to worry about anyone copying us. We could all be the only members.

on another note is anyone crawling this weekend
Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #1957
Quarry Creeper

tre the tires are 5.40 .
calcat430d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #1958
Quarry Creeper

Name:  145_0666.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  145_0668.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  91.8 KB

like i said pretty darn big.
calcat430d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #1959
Rock Crawler

dear mr. vp carver
everyone puts in good input and all you do is shot it down. you say it looks like crap. but all i see from you are bro looking shirts. i like nabils idea and i think alot of other poeple would. if you would start saying what would make some ideas look better insteade of say no no no. maybe we can get some where on this shirt.

i like the bug one from way back and also like the idea nabil came up with.
tomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #1960
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomer View Post
dear mr. vp carver
everyone puts in good input and all you do is shot it down. you say it looks like crap. but all i see from you are bro looking shirts. i like nabils idea and i think alot of other poeple would. if you would start saying what would make some ideas look better insteade of say no no no. maybe we can get some where on this shirt.

i like the bug one from way back and also like the idea nabil came up with.
Were did I ever say someones idea looks like crap? What the heck is a bro looking shirt? In english please. Ok, As far as Nabil's idea. Who likes it?
Let's start the votes.
I have given many ideas but no one gives imput. But when Nabil gives ideas you jump for joy over it. Who cares if I did say that I didn't lke somthing. It's true, I wouldn't wear it.