Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #2141
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc P View Post
Stumbled upon a new crawl spot today at lunch...Pepper St park in National City...guess I will start bringing the crawler to work...

Sweet spot, looks like you'll be taking some long lunches.
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #2142
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
Sweet spot, looks like you'll be taking some long lunches.

That's a nice little park. I used to mountain bike from Plaza Bonita to there on the bike trail. Rocks look good and parking is great.

Directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Last edited by treday619; 02-03-2009 at 09:34 PM.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #2143
Rock Crawler

is anybody going to the comp up in organge county. if so do you guys want to car pool.
tomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #2144
Rock Stacker

Tre- let me know if you want to meet up around 11 on a day off for you. I will be there on Thursday to test out the Rooster Crawler I just installed
Marc P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #2145
Quarry Creeper

Nice spot Marc. I work off of 28th and harbor. I might start taking my truck too.
P1choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #2146
Quarry Creeper

Ok.. Let me start off by saying that I have the FULLEST respect for Jeff at Kamikaze...
But lets face it.. Delrin is Delrin.. So, I too have some machine skills..So what??

Set your Belly at 2 5/8, Look for the 12 1/2 for the link length, set you upper links wherver desired.. Swing your shock for cycleling purpuses and go!! and Bam! you've got a CHASSIS..

And I DID have a FACTORY Kami driver Tell them that I broke a chassis and a link already.. No big deal.. its just Plastic..!!( but got no response)And.. I posted an interest in a white Chassis from him and got NO response..????
What was I to Do??? "I got out a 12 pack , called Taiwan, picked up a hacksaw, avoided the reacharound, disrespected , showed my class level as well as Stooping as low as I can Go..."

I purchased some Delrin and made a REPLACEMENT Chassis for MY stuff..
Once I did so and figured it out.. ?
You do the math???

MY production TVP's are VERY different than Jeffs as well as Totally different Link geometery.. So??

Smaller dig tray???
Different front drag??
Smaller, straight front links??

You guys that posted 'hater post', I dont mind.. Jeff has Excellent Stuff, and I might use his stuff again here real soon.(yes It works that well)

But for now, I am just tinkering. And BTW I've been in this R/C industry for over 25 years, owned Hobby Stores, Tracks.....I do have SOME R/C street creds.... So, I'm kinda new to crawling... But....Come on, give me a break...

Sorry to cause so much fuss over some 1/8" plastic.

Last edited by downtown; 02-04-2009 at 03:14 AM.
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #2147
Quarry Creeper

Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #2148
RCC Addict

Hmm.. I thought this might have happend, Kinda saw it coming and let me say this as im Neutral.

Dave is a good guy and in no way is he trying to copy Jeff. As Dave stated if you REALLY Wanted to you could easily make a chassis identicle to jeff's. Set your wheelbase, Draw a side plate, put a shock on, make an arch. Drill some holes. Drill some link holes, Make a skid plate... Not that hard.

I come from the offroad world and there are only so many ways to make a wheel so to speak. Meaning its pretty damn hard to re invent the wheel. Triangulated lowers and uppers out of delrin, with an arch type shock mount. Its gonna look pretty damn similar if you ask me.

Also look at what dave stated, Hell i crawl with the guy and i knew he broke his shit and was trying to get in contact with jeff and had no luck. So what is he suppose to do ? I woulda done the same thing. Ever heard of Field spares ? Those 4 chassis's you see on daves table are ruff, not pretty. And as far as i remember 3 "Sets" are sitting on his shelf. The other in his pit box. At the socal comp dave broke a chassis and link i belive, And Nabil broke a link. Sorry its just plastic and i dont see what dave did wrong. He's not copying a kamikaze product to sell it. He made it for himself for spares... He still runs a majority of kamikaze's stuff...

Anyways thats my thought.

Is Dave making me a chassis to run ? Hell yea he is. Is it a copy of Kamakazie's chassis ? Hell no it isnt.. If i wanted to run Jeff's stuff i would buy it from jeff, Its proven and has the name, Simple as that. I came to dave to try a couple new things that no one is selling on the market yet. Am i going to wait ? Hell no. Its just delrin. Cheap, Easy to find, Plastic. I dont think a Jigsaw, belt sander and a miter saw qualify as production tools.

Here take a look at this Dig plate dave made. Its Small and made out of delrin. No one makes a small delrin dig plate do they ? We all know the smaller, the tighet compact the better.... And thats what dave has done with this dig tray.

DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #2149
Quarry Creeper

Theres your Blue Star for the 5 threatening Pics... And Oh yeah, I just bought my $20 star 2 weeks ago, just to be a part.. (no credit given)

I dont really care if I sell One chassis on here, I am just happy to see this forum of people grow.. If my tinkering offends some of the 'sports' top guys... COOOL!!!

I'll take that, as a compliment! And NOT even try to compete..

But for those of you that are interested.... the star is BLUE now.. Hit me up..
Old 02-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #2150
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Ray, That makes two of us against...Oh a whole 900 members..

Here are some pics showing that the tray holds what ya need. And sits 3/4" lower than .......

Last edited by downtown; 02-04-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #2151
Quarry Creeper

Oh and BTW... anyone watching..For the next 25 post on this Thread only... If you want a Chassis.. (and purchase it) The rod ends, 4mm Studs, upper delrin 105 mm links with stud and rod end, 2" chassis stays, as well as 20 pc hardware kit, will be FREE with your order..

Last edited by downtown; 02-04-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #2152
Rock Crawler

so is there going to the organe county comp on sunday?
tomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #2153
Rock Stacker

I cant go Tom..Have fun
Marc P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #2154
Quarry Creeper

Im goin Tom, Not sure if youll wanna Stand next to me let alone be seen in a car with me right now tho..:-(
Old 02-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #2155
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown View Post
Im goin Tom, Not sure if youll wanna Stand next to me let alone be seen in a car with me right now tho..:-(
Dude, don't sweat all the negative posting. Make what you want and have fun, or should we all agree using rubber tires or aluminum wheels is ripping someone else's ideas off and you need to be dealt with as EVIL? How about all the soul-less copycats selling coilover shocks or a body made of Lexan even though they didn't come up with those ideas in the first place?
Good luck on sales, hope you make a fortune.

Steve
vegaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #2156
Who's your Daddy-0!

Could you lay one of yours over Kami's and show us how different it is? I know Jeff and if you tried to get in touch with him to replace something he would do it.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #2157
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown View Post
Here are some pics showing that the tray holds what ya need. And sits 3/4" lower than .......

Did you not look at these pictures before you uploaded them? I see a drill bit in one of them.

You should have just used two photo's of Kami's build.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #2158
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Did you not look at these pictures before you uploaded them? I see a drill bit in one of them.

You should have just used two photo's of Kami's build.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #2159
I wanna be Dave

I remember you now. You broke one, that you put together wrong, and I replaced it anyway on my dime. Then you say I didn't respond to your request for a white chassis, If I did it was purely accidental as I get about 20 pms/emails a day. If you wanted a white one all you had to do was order it, a dozen or so people manage to do that every week. Copy my shit all you want but I will be damned if your going to make stuff up to make me look bad.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #2160

Default Arguing over spilt milk

C'mon you idiots. Stop whining about stealing non-copyrighted material, or let your attorneys fight it out somewhere other than a hobby forum. I normally disregard senseless posts like these (and the gay t-shirts), but I feel compelled to speak out for all of the members who could give a flying fu*k about your pathetic desire to be recognized as some sort of innovator, who like most others, simply stole, remanufactured, repackaged or otherwise infringed on ideas that have been around longer than any of you have been masturbating with a transmitter.

So if you can't offer useful information or at least be funny, how about putting a lid on it.

Please be offended by this and respond harshly because this forum has become excruciatingly boring. And if you get really pissed, look me up and I'll have Cheatin' slap the goggles on ya.
TyBrittain is offline   Reply With Quote