Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Screw extraction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Screw extraction

I got a screw stuck in my Currie axle. Snapped the head off a socket head cap screw. Took it to Home Depot and they didn't have anything to sell me small enough to take out a 3mm screw and then they tried helping me and couldn't get it out. Where can I get some help to remove this in so cal? I would be more then willing to pay whatever. Just wanna get it removed so I can still use the hole. Any small mom and pop hardware stores, or hobby stores, or even a friends garage? Someone and anyone who can help me. I'd appreciate it
wsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Screw extraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmb View Post
I got a screw stuck in my Currie axle. Snapped the head off a socket head cap screw. Took it to Home Depot and they didn't have anything to sell me small enough to take out a 3mm screw and then they tried helping me and couldn't get it out. Where can I get some help to remove this in so cal? I would be more then willing to pay whatever. Just wanna get it removed so I can still use the hole. Any small mom and pop hardware stores, or hobby stores, or even a friends garage? Someone and anyone who can help me. I'd appreciate it
I just did the same thing this week with a 1.5mm screw on a band new set of bead locks. I got lucky and there was just a micro amount of the screw sticking up and and I was able to cut a small slot in it and ease it out with a jewelers screw driver.

This might work for you...Metric Screw & Bolt Extractors with drill bits I think you would have better luck finding someone with a drill press to drill the pilot hole for you.

Good luck...
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #3

i have a small machine shop in Joshua tree, if you wanna bring it out here I can probably help.
dankbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmb View Post
I just did the same thing this week with a 1.5mm screw on a band new set of bead locks. I got lucky and there was just a micro amount of the screw sticking up and and I was able to cut a small slot in it and ease it out with a jewelers screw driver.

This might work for you...Metric Screw & Bolt Extractors with drill bits I think you would have better luck finding someone with a drill press to drill the pilot hole for you.

Good luck...
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Screw extraction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did I screw up? DickyT Chit Chat 41 06-16-2012 09:25 AM
did i screw up? asian195 Axial XR10 4 11-07-2011 11:01 PM
Stripped Hex Screw - Craftsman Screw Extractor bigstu Tools, and Procedures 8 11-05-2011 08:48 AM
screw help bwm8142 General Crawlers 12 03-07-2011 06:10 PM
My 1:1 Moab Trip (Extraction) rockwell Chit Chat 15 09-30-2007 11:23 AM