Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: ~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #141
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis

Will this chassis work with the Toyzuki front motor mount? It doesn't appear to be a "C" channel style chassis in the pictures but I can't tell for sure.
shakemandril is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #142
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: ~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis

most any of the addon parts for the SCX10 chassis will bolt right on to this chassis. but i do not have one of those motor mounts to confirm. this is a flat style chassis rail.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #143
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Steel SCXHR chassis are back in stock!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #144
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakemandril View Post
Will this chassis work with the Toyzuki front motor mount? It doesn't appear to be a "C" channel style chassis in the pictures but I can't tell for sure.
It would bolt right up. You would just have to fab up a link to prevent the mount from pivoting as there are no frame rails to lock it in place.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Steel V3 ordered!

Hotrodvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:54 AM   #146
Quarry Creeper

Hallo STANG KILLA SS (and any body who's got experience with this chassis)

I am assembling my SCX with this great Chassis (latest version)
My SCX has 12,3" wheel base and want to keep same WB

I have "Stage 1 Titanium Link Kit for SCX10" from Blue Monkey

Stage 1 Titanium Link Kit for SCX10, Blue Monkey RC

This Chassis has "Dual raised upper link mounts, one positive and one negative anti-squat setup"
if I use the new holes for the upper links I end up with axles being tilted (upper links are too long compared to lower links)
I may increase the length of the lower links but this would result in a longer wheelbase which I do not want
or I may shorten the upper links though they are already at the shortest length I may get with the BM kit

I may buy stand alone links to remake the upper once in a short length, e.g. from VP but I have no clue what a reasonable correct length would be

Can anybody advise correct upper links' length if I want to use the raised upper link mounts?
I see VP has several lengths but no clue which one would fit my build

VP Titanium Links

I also sent an email to BM to check if they make shorter links too..waiting for a reply

Any feedback / support will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Slim

PS let me know if my question is not clear enough..

Last edited by slimfire; 12-28-2015 at 06:57 AM.
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #147
~THE SCALE SHOP~

correct. the raised upper links will require shorter upper links to acheieve the same pinion angle. the stock holes for upper links are also provided if you would like to use your stock(or blue monkey) upper links. however you wont be taking advantage of the improved suspension geometry of the SCXHR chassis.
As far as the correct upper length im unsure as I custom make all my links for there specific application.
One way to get a close measurement would be to bolt your upper links to the axles. then hold the loose chassis ends over the mounts/holes with the pinion/axle angle you desire. mark the links at those spots then measure the length or difference they need to be shorter.

good luck, you will love the chassis!
Old 12-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #148
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
correct. the raised upper links will require shorter upper links to acheieve the same pinion angle. the stock holes for upper links are also provided if you would like to use your stock(or blue monkey) upper links. however you wont be taking advantage of the improved suspension geometry of the SCXHR chassis.
As far as the correct upper length im unsure as I custom make all my links for there specific application.
One way to get a close measurement would be to bolt your upper links to the axles. then hold the loose chassis ends over the mounts/holes with the pinion/axle angle you desire. mark the links at those spots then measure the length or difference they need to be shorter.

good luck, you will love the chassis!

THANKS!

I figured it out meanwhile and am doing some trials to get the right length for my application.."thumbs"

I am already impressed by the behaviour of the "raised holes" setup by manually playing with the articulation, the response is definitely different from the stock configuration, and I think I can already forsee how this will effect the rigs dynamics and its performances!

will post pics when done with the update!

thanks!
Old 01-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Ordered a chassis/skid combo. Cant wait to try it
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #150
~THE SCALE SHOP~

All Chassis and skids in stock!
The origonal and still the best high clearance performance chassis for your SCX10.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Could I get a good length measurement of one of these chassis? I'm trying to draw up a F-TOY cage/frame to put on top of this!

Last edited by Gula; 01-23-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #152
Pebble Pounder

So I got this chassis yesterday and the skid seems a bit wide. I see you used the stock bracing but with the skid assembled the stock bracing is about 1/4 off. I'm using your smoothe skid also. I may be missing something but just checking
danmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

The chassis narrows at both ends...normal. The stock chassis does this too.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #154
Pebble Pounder

Your right I just did it it just seemed like it wouldent based on how thick the rails are. Nice chassis though.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmac View Post
So I got this chassis yesterday and the skid seems a bit wide. I see you used the stock bracing but with the skid assembled the stock bracing is about 1/4 off. I'm using your smoothe skid also. I may be missing something but just checking

So do the stock bracing work on this?
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:19 PM   #156
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmac View Post
yep just like stock the skid is wider than the braces. simply bolt together and the front and rear of the chassis will arch inwards like they were designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
So do the stock bracing work on this?
yep, perfectly, exactly what it was designed for.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:15 AM   #157
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yep just like stock the skid is wider than the braces. simply bolt together and the front and rear of the chassis will arch inwards like they were designed.

yep, perfectly, exactly what it was designed for.

I suggest you first bolt in the skid and only afterwards the front and rear chassis
Old 01-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #158
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Could I get a good length measurement of one of these chassis? I'm trying to draw up a F-TOY cage/frame to put on top of this!
its identical to a stock SCX chassis
Old 01-29-2016, 05:02 AM   #159
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
its identical to a stock SCX chassis
Only better in ever aspect sweet chassis
Old 01-29-2016, 05:30 AM   #160
I wanna be Dave

What out of stock on SKIDS?
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next EVOLUTION chassis. KRAKKER JAK Krakker RC4WD Bully 22 05-01-2010 08:35 PM
CPE Evolution Chassis tnisi Newbie General 4 10-29-2008 07:01 PM
crawford evolution chassis the kid Tamiya Clod Buster 8 02-16-2007 10:59 PM