Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: We were all noobs at one time ;)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

rubber..................spacers?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing
Not really newbie, but funny

right

or wrong?:-?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:08 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Some clod stall issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Everyone know the problem with clods is when your front or rear tires have more traction, the dual motors act like an open diff and the axle with the least traction spins freely. Sometimes this is an advantage, to me most of the time it is a hinderance. I spent a whole day changing setups, and tried to fix the problem, but anything I did didn't make a differecne. Has anyone figured out how to solve this problem?

Here's what I've tried.

1. Motors wired in parallel. Problem still exists.
2. Run dual superroosters, with one battery. Problem still exists.
3. Run dual superroosters, with dual batteries. Problem still exists.

None of these options even made a noticable difference, they all had the same results. I'm guessing it's just something we have to live with.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #24
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
We were all noobs at one time
We are all still noobs. . Looking back at some of my first posts on here were funny.. Even found one from Kevin when he was so happy about a Maxx section

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland
Woo HOO, finally a MAXX crawler forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #25
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Just took my new max for a test, and the steering servo are hotter than hell. I've never noticed servos getting hot. Is this normal, whats causing it?

I used 1/4 scale servos, and they each run on their own battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
My Kongs are going to be THE tire. Like you said Jason, tall and skinny. I just hope they are not too tall. 8+ inches and I will narrow them to about 2.5 inches. Tread pattern will be cut like my BFT's and I am thinking that there will be nothing better when they're done!!! We'll see by the end of the week.
Early tech from Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by roktoy
I have been adding some RTV Silicone inside my servo savers to take up some of the spring "air space". Seems to help increase the overall spring rate a bit.

Jay

Quote:
To help save bandwidth, in the near future I will be changing the file size limit for Avatars from 20,000 bytes to 10,000 bytes. If yours is over 10,000 it will soon be missing, so start looking for something new.

As of today this will only effect 14 people, and about half of those could keep the same avatar if they just compressed it a little.

Thanks
Jason
LMAO.. as of today that only effects 14 people 8-6-2004

Last edited by TwistedCreations; 02-23-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Not a noobie but found it funny as hell!

Quote:
i'm un-employed, so anytime you want to crawl let me know. email kevinlongisland@yahoo.com
You still un-employed?

Quote:
oops, forgot to sign in.
i've been installing my suspension mods on a stock widemaxx to see how well just the suspension mods work. The "stock" widemaxx only has locked diffs and lower gearing. that's about it.
Quote:
how do you like the twin force? anything on it look like it would be well suited for crawling? (axles, tranny?????)
Quote:
Looks like Duratrax is coming out with the Warhead. Another wannabe!
Good news is that we now have another truck to rape parts from to build crawlers. The tires look like they have potential and I hear they are 7 inches tall.

Oh man had to really look to find those!

Last edited by BrockGrimes; 02-23-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

I bought my first crawler over a year ago and now I own the shop and crawl almost everyday. I see all kinds of new stuff happening so I TOTALLY feel like a newbie and probably always will. Now if I could just get rid of those 1st course at the comp jitters!!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=jason]We are working to make this the best RC Crawling site on the web.

Yeah right!?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

rbgerrish:

"Oh, I forgot to mention that using 2.2" wheels and tires on TF axles would be similar scale-wise to running go-kart tires on a Dana 60! The axle would get hung up on everything. You'd be much happier with larger tires, say LST or MGT tires. "
Old 02-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Toyofast:

"I'm not pushing to sell our stuff... I'm just giving GOOD information about a new chassis for the TLT based crowd If you feel like I'm selling, I better leave the site because I'll talk about products(ours and other businesses) for crawlers, since people need to be informed about places to buy parts, get service and where to go for solid information about crawlers in general. I'd like to say that myself and my business partner(s) are a great place for a wealth of RC crawling knowledge. We started the first crawling comps in the states, ask anyone! "
Old 02-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Clod Krod (from Clod Talk, referring to my Kongs)

This is my all time favorite!!!! Maybe I should go back on their boards.

"simply amazing dirk. they look great man, and i agree about not using them on txt axles as well. Glad to see you on the boards!

MAtt"
Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

My response! Ah.....the year 2004 seemed like yesterday!!

Dirk:
"Well,
Preliminary testing says that they work as good as they look. First thing that was a must was to cut the lugs into a new tread pattern to loosen up the tire carcass. Second, and possibly the most important was to set the tire up with the proper foams. With the new tall and narrow design, the soft sidewall would let the tire flex latterally onto itself. It would just fold right over and the wheel would touch the ground! Cutting up some foams to eliminate this problem was key....and worked great. The tires now flex and bite as well as any tire I have used. I dumped a few BB's in to weigh them down, as they are fairly light now with the large center section removed, combined with the light weight RPM wheel. I would recommend this to anyone, especially if you are using wide axles like the Xfactor's. I can fit my whole fist under the axle tubes(forgot to measure with a ruler). Another thing I like was that after cutting many of the lugs off of the tire and smoothing it with a Dremmel, it gives the tires even more of a narrow appearance. They look awesome!"
Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Griz:

"OMG...Digler!...I thought I was safe from you here in the land of no driveshafts . Agreed, there are nicer. I am just hoping it can hang with the big boys.

Surferboy, thanks for the compliment. I did fab the frame myself, I built a jig to keep it true while I welded it together. And thanks for the welcome.

132NHAF, Digler is right..boy I hate saying that , it does have shocks. They are cantilevered at the top of the frame rails. For slow crawling it is ok without shocks but when ya gotta "give 'er the onion" over stuff it would bounce out of control. You wouldnt believe how freely the sus moves with just the springs. Thanks for the compliment though."
Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Vadger:

"I obviously spend very little time here since I have been a member since March '04 and only have 50+ posts. "
Old 02-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

i already though of this thread....
but i guess immatation is the greatest form of flattery

what was everybodys first post?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
rbgerrish:

"Oh, I forgot to mention that using 2.2" wheels and tires on TF axles would be similar scale-wise to running go-kart tires on a Dana 60! The axle would get hung up on everything. You'd be much happier with larger tires, say LST or MGT tires. "
THAT is some sound advice.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

I tried this back in '04.... The wife wasn't too happy

Quote:
No one told you? After you are done, you have to soak the tires in sulfuric acid for one hour. That cleans up the areas that you cut up. Works like a charm. After they are done soaking, you will see a big black pile of rubber at the bottom of the acid. Don't worry, it's normal!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:21 AM   #38
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Thought I'd throw up an old post from a classic Rcc member we dont get to see around much any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
I've got a TON of play on my tires; I can turn the tires about 10 degrees or so before it starts to turn the inner axle or gears :?

I still haven't managed to break an axle though!!!!!! Or gears; which im surprised at.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:44 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

I'm still using those axles, and stumbled across the side plates the other day. Holy rewind